5,256 results
All reviewsadult poolpuerto vallartaroom in blocka la carte restaurantsjap japrooms are basiciguana treehard plasticair mattressflea marketitalian restaurantsnack barsafe keyair transatface clothsstayed in buildingmexican night
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our first trip to Mexico and we choose this hotel as it had the best price for a quick getaway. It had all you needed, lots of bars, buffets, gym, pools, activities, etc. The room was simple but clean and roomy with a large shower/bathroom, king size bed and balcony. It has an adult pool which is great if you are traveling without children and don't want to be around them. We had problems with our a/c one day and they had it fixed immediately. They have their own taxi service with set price list for the surrounding area. Even tried the local bus for $7 pesos each. The only downside was the water was not clear and had jellyfish/stingray warnings. The wifi was really slow also. Would recommend block 5 or 6 if you are looking for a quieter area.

Room Tip: Adult pool is in block 5!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dreaminjean
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My mom, my grandma and myself just got back from RDC last night and let me tell you it was absolutely amazing. Food was great, drinks were never watered down, and the theater and entertainment shows were absolutely amazing thanks to the awesome animation staff(Alberto, Jimmy Balboa, Ceasar, Danny, Jenny and Big Boss Jimmy) 10/10 would recommend to anyone. Get to know people they're awesome. Definitely will be returning soon.
viva la mexico :)

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank canadiantravellerF18
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We have just returned from our trip to the royal decameron puerto vallarta. This was my second time staying here. We had originally planned to go to a Palace Resort, but chose the Decameron as it was alittle less expensive thinking that maybe another couple would join us that didn't want to spend as much as a palace resort.Anyway we arrived at the resort at 2:00 pm. We were told that check in was at 3:00 p.m. & to come back in an hour. We went to have a nice lunch & beverages & returned at 2:50 where we saw several Hispanic families being checked in early,our first foray with alittle discrimination.We had asked for block 5 as it was supposed to be adult only. We were told that even tho our travel agent had requested block 5 as well as us, they couldn't guarantee it as they were full.Well we did get two rooms in block 5 after 3, and headed to our room. When we got to the room we saw the room safe and our room key did not work so we walked back to the front desk where we were informed we needed to go to the cashier at block 4. Couldn't we of been told that at check in? Next we walked over to the cashier & she said the cost of the safe key was $25 or something like that so not having cash with us we walked back to the room to get some money. On coming back I handed the young lady my cash & she said we only take American with a passport(which I didn't have with me) or peso's or credit card which I also didn't have with me. I also asked couldn't you have told me that??So rather angry I walked to the gift shop to exchange $25 us to peso's at a lower exchange rate of course so I wouldn't have to walk back to my room again.After we got our keys we got back to the room changed & headed to the pool & towel stand. Well when we asked for towels the fellow said where are your towel cards! Sheesh, it would have been too easy to give us towel cards on check in, so back to the front desk we went.I had even asked the young lady at the front desk on check in where we got towels, I would have thought that would have been a clue to her to give us cards.Well wouldn't you know, they had no towel cards. The front desk sent us with a bell boy & a note to get towels only the towel person wouldn't give us towels without towel cards, go figure. After at least 2 calls to the front desk from the bell boy & towel person we got our towels. Shouldn't be this hard. Well so finally I think we got to the pool by 5! Had to hunt for somewhere to eat the first nite after getting turned away from several restaurants as we didn't have reservations. We did find we didn't need to go over at 7:30 very often to get reservations as there was room later in the day for the specialty restaurants except for the Italian.We spent most of our time at the adult pool. We all were stung by the jelly fish, so didnt go in the ocean much.We also stayed at the adult pool as we found bus loads of families were brought into the resort for three day stays & all of the other pools & areas of the resort had lots of children hollering & screaming all day long. We were disappointed we couldn't be by the activities pool for the activities and music.Also noticed they were brought in at 6:30 or 7:00 am, didn't have to wait for 3:00 pm check in's.Also was blatantly noted that when we had dinner reservations or stood at the bar waiting for a drink even if we were there first if a Hispanic family walked up they were waited on first & we waited till the staff was good and ready to come wait on us after taking care of the others. We always take a 100 $1's & 100 5's for tipping. I believe in rewarding good service no matter where I am. Even left $20 one evening with one of our favorite bartenders who was always very nice to us. We came home with a lot of cash this trip because of how we were treated.As far as the trip,,,the morning breakfast at the restaurant by block 5 was very good. The best french toast I have ever had. Great scrambled eggs also as well as the days they had the ham chunks. Bacon was crisp off & on, we prefer crisp.We liked the Thai restaurant the best, the host was great as well as the staff. The Italian the least( that discrimination thing).The room was nice, cold air, good shower, old tv, comfy bed.Asked for 4 towels & wash cloths daily & they met our request. Maid probably got the best tips! They had free wifi at bldg 4 but sometimes was very slow if it even worked at all depending on how many people were using it I suppose.There is a booth right outside the guard gate where the girls got massages for $25 for an hour & they have a tank you stick your feet in & there are little fish that eat away at any dead skin, sounds creepy to me.So anyway, I guess we were fairly disappointed with our stay. We had read so many positive reviews, I had stayed there before, but with what we spent we could have gone to the riu or marival that caters more to just adults.Alberto at the blk 5 bar is YOUR best ambassador. Wonderful person, always greeted me & shook my hand. Alejandro this morning at breakfast was great, also Lorenzo at our bar. Also kudo's to Abel out at the beach....Jose Rodriquez our island sun rep was also great as well as the taxi driver that took us to the Decameron.Im sorry I couldn't give a more positive review, you do have some very nice people, but we just weren't treated as well as we thought we should have been & will go elsewhere. We travel to Mexico twice a year.

Room Tip: Ask for block 5 if you are an adult and want a quieter stay
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
7  Thank Jrh45550
Reviewed October 23, 2013

First time at RDC and had a great time. We would definitely return. The resort is older, colorful, clean and well maintained. The staff are excellent and will do anything for you, you just have to ask. Check in and check out were very easy. Our room had 2 double beds and we slept well, great a/c, no water issues. Yes, you need to bring shampoo, face cloth, Kleenex and a watch or clock. The pools were great. We enjoyed the adult pool (4) by building 5. It is a short walk to Bucerias and a quaint little town. We enjoyed the iguanas that call RDC home and their daily feedings. Piccolo (Italian) A la carte was excellent. No problem finding good, fresh food in the buffet, Free wifi in the lobby. The things that could improve are: 1) Booking your a la cartes - maybe you could book 1-2 when you attend your information session with your REP instead of getting up before 7 am to wait 1/2hr to get a # then 1/2 hr for the rep to book & you can only book for the next 2 days 2) Better information on what the nightly theater is for each evening 3) padding on the lounge chairs or better chairs - very tough on the bottom/back 4) Check out was great but getting on the bus with your luggage was a challenge. Apparently, you are to keep the ticket given to you for food/drinks when you check out and they cut off your bracelet as you need this to get you and your luggage on the bus. This was not mentioned to us. One got on the bus and had seats while the other tried to ensure the luggage got on the bus ... we ended up having to get off the bus and on the next one. ( ? full) Overall, we had a get time, lots of sunshine, awesome margarita's and met some great people. If you do only one excursion try the Rhythms of the Night. Monday the offer a bus from the resort to the marina. The entire experience is something to remember. Take extra $$$ in case you wish to purchase a drink/snack while you wait for your boat ride to the island or to purchase your photos after the evening is over. It reminded me of what it might be like on Survivor !!! We would definitely return .... oh, did I say that already !!!

Room Tip: our room was building 5 by the adult pool. It was very central to everything and we were not bothered by kid noise or the night kid noises (LOL). 2nd floor offers more security, hand swim suits to dry on your balcony and less "little critters". 1,2&3 get more noise. block 3 has the only elevator ... 6 is a busy pool as well as pool 1
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Luvin_the_heat_02
Reviewed October 16, 2013

For adults ask for building 5 it over looks the adult pool and quiet. Rooms were awesome, good air comfy beds, we stayed in 5233. King bed with memory foam. Food was great, plenty to chose from and all had taste, always a fresh salad bar. Ocean was calm but there were deadly sea snakes and jelly fish the whole week, pool was clean in the morning by mid afternoon a bit dirty only because people stand soak themselves in sunscreen then immediately jump in the pool, man no brains...
If you want a attraction do rhythms of the night tour, excellent food and night show

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple