We found the previous reviews to be accurate and very helpful...I will try to be brief:)
Pros: beautiful grounds, great beach. Adequate accommodations, clean and well kept (not luxurious but nice and very clean). Service was amazing at every turn. Most "all inclusive" resorts limit your access to the a la carte restaurants to 2 per week, however we were able to book a dinner reservation every evening except the day we arrived and the "Mexican night" where the restaurants were closed and everyone had buffet.
Cons: Though we had fun at some of the activities, overall they were disappointing. My 10 year old son likes to plan and wanted to participate, but half the time the activities didn't happen as scheduled or happened off schedule. I realize it's not peak season and the weather has some to do with it...but it was a bit disappointing. The Mexican night carnival started fun, but we didn't really get the auction and it felt like I was geared towards the Spanish speaking families only. The other major con is the location...really far from Puerto Vallarta so if you intend to do anything in town the taxi rides add significant cost. Pool chairs are uncomfortable and there are no servers bringing you drinks like at other resorts we have been to.
Tips: buy a big cup at the gift shop when you arrive. It will save you trips back and forth to the bar since they only give drinks about 8oz at a time. The bar tenders are awesome without exception btw.
You can make two days worth of dinner reservations at a time. I arrived at the building 4 lobby at 7:30, got a number and some coffee, and settled in with my book until the reservations opened at 8. The first day I got there at 10 till 8 and I was number 34 so I didn't complete my reservation until 8:40. Arriving at 7:30 gets you out by about 8:15. Sounds like a hassle, but the a la cart restaurants are sooo worth it! Italian, Brazilian and Japanese were amazing. The Mexican was heavily seafood based and it just wasn't really our thing (octopus tapas for example... ). My son had his 11th birthday at the Italian and they made it extremely special.
Something else to consider...we took our son out of school and went off season so it would not be crowded. There were no other Amaricans with kids at the resort and just a hand full of Canadians with kids. Most of the Canadians and Americans did not have kids with them, so they were at the adult pool during the day. The other pools, where our son could hang out, were primarily locals. Tons of kids, many in their underwear, not terribly respectful of anyone's desire to relax. By the end of the day, many of the local adults and teens were drunk, loud, messy...not really our comfort zone. The adult pool is a different world. I don't know if there is anything the staff could do about it...it's just the way things are off peak.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron