“Awesome!!!”

GreenLeadersGold level
North Vancouver
“Awesome!!!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I travelled with my hubby Aug 24 - 31. We had an amazing trip!!. This was our second time here and it was great again. We were looking for a cheap August Vacation and this was it, so worth the money and more.

We booked just a regular room with the intention of upgrading to beach front when we got there, $20 a night per person. Well weren't we pleasently surprised when we had a beach front room at no extra charge, Love this place!!! Room are small but superclean, the view is fantastic and hearing those waves crash at night was awesome. There are no coffee makers or fridges in the room, so we bring our own coffee maker, small 4 cupper, and ask for a fridge and we got it the next day, as Im diabetic and they will provide for medical reasons.

The resort is huge, very well kept. Pools are clean, we spent most our time at the adult pool as it was quiter. I do prefer activity pool as I like to do the activites but there were so many children this time we chose to go to the adult. Its super quiet...too quiet!!

Now travelling at this time of year it is HOT!! This was our first trip to Mexico in August and your just sticky all the time. The pool is not much refreshment cause the sun had warmed it up so much but its too hot to lay in the Sun. We are sun worshippers and we couldnt do it, maybe 10 minutes the max. So we stayed in the pools and got all wrinkled and our shoulders got burnt :)

The ocean was amazing, definitely much cooler than the pool. Waves are big but you can go in past the waves break and your fine. You can stand right where the wave breaks and your fine too. Lots of people swimming past the wave breaks. Tip...down the beach to the right there are massage stands, $20 an hour and they are amazing, did it twice when we were there.

The food is good, no complaints, there is so much to choose from how can you complain, if you dont like something, dont eat it, go get something else. As far as booking the alacarte restaurants, dont go wait in line, go 20 mins after they open and wow no line up and you have lots to choose from, its silly to wait. Drinks were always good, my hubby drinks pretty much beer only and he said it was good. I like fruity drinks and they were good too, if you want more alcohol in the drink just ask, they dont care. And dont forget to tip people, it goes a long way.

Disco is great, they open at 11 and start off with techo/electronic music, then Dj will switch to mexican music, electronic too, then switch back to the regular stuff. I love to Salsa so I like the Mexican music except for one night, Dj played for too long and we Left after and hour and half it, couldnt take any more.

There is not no complaints about this resort, it is so worth the money. If your looking for a 5 star then go to one. This is well worth every penny and more. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Book it, you wont regret it!!

Room Tip: Go see the iguanas at noon being fed, right beside the adult pool, so many and all different sizes!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Straightupgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,232)
Teslin, Canada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

This resort was fabulous. We stayed at the Decameron the week of Sept 7th with a group of 15 of us and it was awesome! We all got the amazing cheap vacation through Nolitours and this trip was way more than I could have possibly expected. This is a huge resort with plenty of places to hangout at a bar or swim in the pool. There is 5 restaurants plus the 2 buffets. We stuck to one buffet in the centre of the resort but ventured off for dinner to the other buffet one night and were pleasantly surprised. As this one has exceptional ocean views and is a little bit more romantic with candlelight. The food at the buffets change each night which was really nice. We have stayed other places in Mexico and have upgraded room from the standard but this standard room here is quite roomy and very clean. There are no fridges or coffee pots which was a little disappointing but we were placed close to one of the bars who had coffee on bright and early. The staff are amazing and always cleaning the grounds, which are kept up beautifully.

We have just started to travel around Mexico and I was so impressed with Puerta Vallarta as there is lots to see and do. I am not interested in visiting commercialized Mexico but rather the real Mexico and this city offers both of those.

Our first day we went across kitty corner from the resort and were talking to the 2 guys there about a fishing trip and other adventures that the group wanted to do and these guys did everything for us and let's say I kinda feel like we robbed them for the price we paid. It was one of the most amazing fishing trips we had out with calypso fishing adventures. We were very fortunate to bring in a 10 ft Sailfish as well as 8 mahi mahi between 5 of us. Can't even explain it, other than amazing! These guys that booked the trip for us even were kind enough to have their wife cook it for us in their traditional way....FANTASTIC.

We booked the booze cruise for us ladies but that wasn't great, we went snorkelling and didn't see anything. The booze was watered down and all tasted like paint thinner. Try the snorkelling with Vallarta Adventures it sounds to be a better excursion. The guys in our group rented quads for an afternoon at $40 us each which is cheap but the bikes are not great (4 wheel drives that don't have 4 wheel drive left in them) really beat badly. Rhythm of the Night is an absolute must. It is an extraordinary show. It runs about $75-80 us but is well worth it for the boat trip over, appetizers, drinks, dinner on the island and a cirque da soleil show that is phenomenal.

Amazing trip and an amazing place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in block six which is the adult building but it was quite far away from everything and we we...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Yukong1rl74
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We just arrived home after 8 days at the Decameron and were totally pleased with our trip. The grounds were lovely and our room had all the basic comfort needs. Our bed was very firm and comfortable. Our air conditioner kept the humidity down and the air well chilled. We had lots of hot water in the shower and the maid did a fantastic job of keeping our room spotless.
We tried 3 of the five specialty restaurants , the Brazilian, the Mexican, and the Italian enjoying each but feeling that the Italian was superior to the others. The buffets were well stocked with an excellent salad and fresh fruit bar and large variety of hot food sure to please most.
The bars were exceptional with our favorite, the beach bar near pool #1, manned by Ruben and Victor, the absolute best. The drink variety was awesome and quality fantastic.
The evening performances at the open air theater were well presented with an entirely different show each night. Overall is was our best vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Phillymark2011
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This was a great hotel, great vacation, and for a great price! I came down the second week of September with my female friend.

The hotel had beautiful grounds, and the rooms are decent. I found they were no better and no worse than anywhere else I have been. The food provided a good variety, with standard buffet food that likely anyone could find something -- especially with the fresh fruit and salad options! The restaurants were also quite good - was not as fond of the Italian, but the Thai and Japanese were my favourites by far.

The staff were a reason to come to this resort all on their own. They were so friendly, welcoming and warm, and were always going out of their way to ensure our trip was fantastic. Any little thing they could do, they did, above and beyond. As two females traveling together, the bartenders were keen to see we weren't harassed, and the restaurant management ensured we always had reservations!

I also cannot say enough positive things about the entertainment staff - they were out and out phenomenal. Out of this world with their talent and their enthusiasm, and their variety! I never attend the shows at the resorts I go to usually after the first night, because they are cheesy, joke shows. The Decameron was NOT this way - they were so incredible we went every single night and looked forward to it!

Just a note, they do not provide shampoo or conditioner or lotion in your room. This isn't exactly a negative, but in most resorts this is just a given, so if you didn't know, you might just assume and be unprepared. Luckily, we always bring our own anyways. Also, the mosquitoes can be pretty brutal (even though they fumigate) so make sure you bring bug spray and use it liberally!

Because I wish more people would include these in their reviews: YES there is a gym (small, lacking in freeweights, full of cardio machines), and YES there is internet (free wifi in both lobbies and computers that can be used for charge).

Room Tip: Block 6 was great for quiet rooms, next to the gym, and two of the restaurants. Block 5 has the adul...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank BryJensen
Montreal
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed there quite a while ago , I have great memories of the place.. hotel staff are helpful, try to pleas you. Love the bar right in front of the pool ...if they are not familiar with your drink they will learn how to make it...food presentation was great. That was my first love affair with all inclusive , they sold me.... I have since traveled many places ...this is one of my favorites. I always look for deals there ..and would go back any time.

Room Tip: All rooms are good , I prefer 2nd floor with balcony
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank worldtravellers301
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stayed at the Royal Decameron from August 31st - Sept 7th. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful! The Iguanas are huge and behind Building 5 you can see them feeding them during the day. It was very very humid when we went we had beautiful weather and wicked thunderstorms at night. Like all the other reviews said nothing fancy about the rooms however the are large and have a large balcony in which all have nice views of the pool, Beach or gardens. Hotel was very clean and the shows were great. Bucerias is an awesome little town we walked to the market and my Fiancé got a tattoo at Ricks tattoo up the street it is amazing! Once thing is that the main activity pool is pretty small and lot's of kids! I mean tons of them! we stayed at the adult pool pretty much most of the time. The only complaint I have is that we were not allowed to listen to music here as it was the quiet pool and we wanted to be away from kids and with other adults however they would not let us even play an I pod here. We were harassed by the security even though everyone at the adult pool wanted to listen to music. The drinks are not great at the hotel probably because the price is so low. Good beer just no premium liquor at all to be expected I guess. All in all if you get this for a good deal I recommend it. Also If you get a chance go to the Ocean grill on the south side of PV most amazing scenic trip ever! Take the bus and then take the water Taxi so awesome! Oh and go to Miguel Angel in Bucerias Awesome food! Best Bacon Wrapped cheese filled jumbo shrimp ever!

Room Tip: We stayed in Block 4 was loud during the entertainment however was pretty good most times nice view...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Karen O
Reviewed September 6, 2013

It was our first time at an all inclusive resort and all I can say is awesome!!! Food entertainment activities were all amazing!!!!! I am heading there again In March 2014 and bringing my whole family!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
9 Thank Keeto66
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucerias
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
Hotel Riu Palace Pacifico
#13 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive

Been to Royal Decameron Complex? Share your experiences!