I travelled with my hubby Aug 24 - 31. We had an amazing trip!!. This was our second time here and it was great again. We were looking for a cheap August Vacation and this was it, so worth the money and more.
We booked just a regular room with the intention of upgrading to beach front when we got there, $20 a night per person. Well weren't we pleasently surprised when we had a beach front room at no extra charge, Love this place!!! Room are small but superclean, the view is fantastic and hearing those waves crash at night was awesome. There are no coffee makers or fridges in the room, so we bring our own coffee maker, small 4 cupper, and ask for a fridge and we got it the next day, as Im diabetic and they will provide for medical reasons.
The resort is huge, very well kept. Pools are clean, we spent most our time at the adult pool as it was quiter. I do prefer activity pool as I like to do the activites but there were so many children this time we chose to go to the adult. Its super quiet...too quiet!!
Now travelling at this time of year it is HOT!! This was our first trip to Mexico in August and your just sticky all the time. The pool is not much refreshment cause the sun had warmed it up so much but its too hot to lay in the Sun. We are sun worshippers and we couldnt do it, maybe 10 minutes the max. So we stayed in the pools and got all wrinkled and our shoulders got burnt :)
The ocean was amazing, definitely much cooler than the pool. Waves are big but you can go in past the waves break and your fine. You can stand right where the wave breaks and your fine too. Lots of people swimming past the wave breaks. Tip...down the beach to the right there are massage stands, $20 an hour and they are amazing, did it twice when we were there.
The food is good, no complaints, there is so much to choose from how can you complain, if you dont like something, dont eat it, go get something else. As far as booking the alacarte restaurants, dont go wait in line, go 20 mins after they open and wow no line up and you have lots to choose from, its silly to wait. Drinks were always good, my hubby drinks pretty much beer only and he said it was good. I like fruity drinks and they were good too, if you want more alcohol in the drink just ask, they dont care. And dont forget to tip people, it goes a long way.
Disco is great, they open at 11 and start off with techo/electronic music, then Dj will switch to mexican music, electronic too, then switch back to the regular stuff. I love to Salsa so I like the Mexican music except for one night, Dj played for too long and we Left after and hour and half it, couldnt take any more.
There is not no complaints about this resort, it is so worth the money. If your looking for a 5 star then go to one. This is well worth every penny and more. I would recommend this resort to anyone. Book it, you wont regret it!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron