Royal Decameron Complex
Bookit.com
$186
$160
  • Pool
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$238
$181
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Jalisco(Nuevo Vallarta)
  • Restaurant
5,203 results
All reviewsadult poolpuerto vallartaroom in blocka la carte restaurantsjap japrooms are basicbring your own shampooiguana treehard plasticair mattressitalian restaurantflea marketsnack barsafe keyair transatstayed in buildingface cloths
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have stayed at this resort 4 times. The grounds are absolutely fantastic. It is a very friendly place and the staff is very obliging. The pools are wonderful and they also have an adult pool only . Depending on the time of year sometimes one of the restaurants is closed. The buffets are good and nice choices of a la carts. The evening entertainment is great. It certainly seems to be a Canadian favorite.

Room Tip: We like bldg.5 and 6. Just make sure you are not to close to the night entertainment cause that's where the disco is till 2:00 am and it is quite loud
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank R0llande
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The property is well maintained. The rooms are fairly basic. Bed, Older TV, dresser, table and two chairs you only sleep there.. Bring your own soap and shampoo. There is an adult only pool that is wonderful quiet and clean. The views are awesome. The speciality restaurant are good withered Italian restaurant being outstanding. On the beach you can get an hour message for $25.00. Don't forget your sunscreen is it about double the price in Mexico. We plan to return for two weeks in December.

Room Tip: Ask for building 5 or 6 they are the two newer building
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lakehouse6609
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I love the rdc- the servers are fantastic and really go out of their way to make your experience special- the buffets are adequate, the a la carte restaurants are better, but I really can't complain. It is convenient for anything you want to do in puerto Vallarta.

• Stayed: March 2013
4  Thank Sphinx1361
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My friend and I just spent a week at the Royal Decameron Complex and we had a blast. We booked through Air Transat and would definitely book with them again. They were wonderful throughout the entire trip, from the flight to and from our destination, to their representative who was always there to answer questions. The hotel itself was great, we stayed in block 5, with our room right behind the adult pool. It was so much better having peace and quiet. Although there was no ocean view, that was ok because we were located in a calm area and only needed to walk about 30 seconds to get to the beach.
The staff at the resort were great too. Everyone always said hello when walking past us, smiling and never ignoring us. I also wanted to point out the best bartender in the resort. Gabriel was the bartender at the Beach Bar Tetazin right near the pool where the activities took place. My friend and I went to see him the first night, and asked for Mojitos. He said unfortunately, the resort didn't carry mint leaves. We were a bit bummed, but didn't think anything of it. The next night, we went to the same bar and saw Gabriel there again. He remembered us, and told us he brought us mint leaves from his garden at home. We were shocked! He had them sitting in a cup all ready to go for us, and made them up really well. From that day on, we visited him every night, and each time he brought mint leaves for us, making special mojitos for the two of us. He definitely made our experience at the resort much better. Unfortunately, the last night we were there must have been his only night off because we didn't see him and did not have the chance to say goodbye and thank you. We meant to give him a big thank you tip, but he was not there to accept it. We were pretty bummed out.
To me, service like that makes a vacation that much better, and I have already recommended this resort to my friends and family. A few of my family members say it's one of the better ones in the area, and have stayed there many times as well. Our trip would not have been the same without Gabriel the bartender, and we thank him for that! My friends and I are already planning a trip to visit next year. Hope Gabriel is still there!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
8  Thank Marissa M
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I just spent a week at the RDC Aug 3-10. Booked a package with Nolitours. Been many times to the RDC and my past few visits were in early June, so I thought how much hotter could August really be as I intended to spend my days at the pool anyhow, relaxing and reading. Well let me share with you, August is VERY hot, which I expected, and VERY humid, so much more humid than I could have imagined. I’ve never experienced such humidity whereas I was dripping sweat at times for dinner. The ocean breeze made for a welcome refreshing feeling at the dinner buffets.

I’ve been half a dozen times before, so emailed the resort before arrival to request a quiet room 2nd floor of building 5 and upon check in got what I asked for. I was directly above the red archway thru to building 6 … got room 5232, which is 2 ½ flights of stairs up. This room’s configuration seemed longer than the past rooms I’ve had in building 5 and the hallway was an L shape near the entrance door in the room. Also had a step up in to the bathroom here. Only downside IF you are the type of person who enjoys sitting on your balcony, would be that this balcony is fully enclosed with concrete and you cannot see over the ledge if sitting down, whereas the other balconies are iron style. I don’t spend time on my balcony so that is not an issue for me.

Flamingo Dinner Buffet … service terrible and I was always ignored, couldn’t even get a glass of water if I asked. Went to that location instead of the other centrally located buffet just to enjoy that view and a bit more of a breeze at times.

Tropical buffet … always great service for dinner, attentive, remembered me and my beverage of choice. Well deserved tips left whenever I dined there. Good variety of food, especially at the salad bars for all meals at all the buffets!!! Delightful selection of veggies and fruit, even have beets, beans, mushrooms, sometimes even marinated veggies too.

I had breakfast and lunch at the Block 5 buffet as it was closest to the pool I was relaxing at all day. Mostly excellent service there and very professional, polite, friendly servers. I left tips there after meals too.

I don’t much care for their new format of making restaurant reservations. It’s like you’re lining up twice. But on a positive note, you are able to make bookings for that night and the next night too.

In all my vacations to this resort, I never ate at the Italian, just the Brazilian. This trip I made good use of enjoying the Italian restaurant twice as it was fully enclosed and had A/C. Also did the Brazilian. Great food at both. I usually prefer not to worry about what time it is so only booked 1 or 2 reservations a week past trips. This trip I did more. Let me tell you that the Italian isn’t just a pasta place like I would have assumed. It was easily the best meal I’ve had in a year. I usually rave about the Brazilian, but the Italian won me over for future vacations at the RDC, and also the food presentation is beautiful. The asparagus soup was delicious, had the cesar salad which arrives with the strips of lettuce wraps by a ring of an onion, the rib eye was delicious and the mousse for dessert awesome too. This trip, the Brazilian was just too stuffy and hot and by the time the meal was done I was sticking to my shorts and the chair due to the heat, and left without trying dessert. There was just no breeze at that restaurant during my week there, and the fans going didn’t reach my table.

Met lots of lovely, nice, friendly, non-pretentious people at the pool. I mostly hung at the adults pool in building 5, but a few mornings spent time at the pool in building 6 until around 11:30am when the kids would show up. They now have life guards at all the pools, and the ones I saw at the adult pool were consistent about having kids leave if in the water there, even though a few times they had to bring back security to assist in removing those kids as their parents fought having to leave. There are large adults only pool signs around that pool. Issue likely came about as the resort seemed full and they were putting many families with kids in block 5 this week.

I knew going at this time of year that there would be a lot of Mexican families with kids. It’s their vacation time of year. If kids bother you, hang at the adults pool. I did notice those families mostly go for the dinner buffets later so if you’re going for dinner 8pm or later, you might be dining with lots of kids nearby.

Housekeeping was good, efficient, and did the job needed in my room most days. Replaced the bottle of water daily too. I even left notes in English and Spanish, which I had someone translate for me before going, saying don’t worry about making the bed, just change towels and provide water, but she’d do the entire room whenever she came. Even though I was out of the room around 9am daily and not back until almost 5pm, sometimes later, and put the sign on the door to “make up room” at that early hour of the day, my room wasn’t cleaned until after 4pm. A few times I’d be coming to my room around 5pm and she was doing the room near me and said sorry she would be at my room in a minute. I just gave her my dirty towels and got towels and water – that is really all I needed as I was travelling alone. I still tipped her daily. I noticed many families with children staying in building 5 this stay, with many on my floor. I did notice the upgrade of bedding in my room … very nice sheets and a duvet type cover. However, when walking by other rooms I noticed they still had the ancient colourful bedspreads. A/C worked GREAT and wasn’t that loud. I’m a light sleeper and slept great with the A/C on every night. My bed was firm but not too hard, and the pillows were plush and excellent.

One issue that happened was fixed after a few hours – after my first day in the sun and hanging at the pool, I went back to my room to take a shower before going for dinner, this was just after 6pm, and when I turned the water on, there wasn’t much pressure, but I wrote it off and still jumped in the shower, and a moment later, the shower head fell out of the wall, just missing my head on the way to the ground. I jumped out, grabbed a towel, and called the front desk. I got someone on the phone who spoke English, and she said someone would be up in a few minutes. I said I need maintenance and not just housekeeping. After 3 more calls to the front desk within the next 60 minutes, each time being told someone was on their way, housekeeping arrived with a mop (while I still stood there in a wet towel wanting to take my shower), and she called someone, twice, and maintenance finally arrived a short while later. In the end, it took over 2 hours for my shower to be fixed, resulting in me going to dinner sweaty from my day at the pool. The first time maintenance said done, I said to wait a moment and turned on the water and the shower head fell out of the wall again. Maintenance did leave a wet mess all over my bathroom floor, which I used my towels to clean up. Once it was fixed, I had great showers every day. In fact, unlike most people at the pools saying they didn’t have much hot water, my hot water was so strong I’d have to use mostly cold water in my showers.

Overall, I had another awesome vacation at the RDC. Would I return? Absolutely. Would I try other resorts too? Possibly.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have about this resort.

Room Tip: If you don't like the location of the room you are assigned at check in, I have heard from many others I met at the resort that you can ask the front desk to change rooms and they're good about doing that the next day.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo