this is the honest truth about the Royal Decameron. Get to know the staff as they will make your stay a whole lot better. This was my first time leaving Canada to a different country by airplane and what an amazing time it was!
I didnt expect much when I got there as the outdated and very colourful resort had thrown me off. Little did i know that everyone of the staff will treat you with the upmost respect. the service was honestly just top notch! if you go to the buffet beside block 4, look for Alejandro and tell him Alexio and Patricio sent you ;). he is honestly the best waiter(and ive had almost everyone).
the FOOD i wasnt expecting to be good but it was very decent! ignore all these people saying this place wasnt worth it because i will tell you the truth about what needs to change and be avoided.
-A La Carte
*Piccolo --> by far the best place to eat(italian BTW) Best service of all and is indoor with AC on those hot Mexican days
*Mexicano --> STAY AWAY!!! they only have two waitors and the food is absolutely intolerable!
*Jap Jap and Wok --> they are two A La Carte restaurants attached to one another with the same chef that overcooks the food. Beware
*Rodizio --> (Brazilian Concept) great food with great staff and amazing brazilian concept of serving food on skewers right on to your plate
Buffets --> if you are eating at a buffet, they both have amazing selection with a catch... Flamingos has very salty food and Block 4 Buffet has way too many people. go to block 3 Buffet Breakfast and lunch (ask for Alejandro the waiter for best service) and dinner to flamingos.
Room was very decent and in reviews people over exaggerate saying they are crap. they have amazing AC, Lock Safe and a TV. it is very Motel like with no mini fridge. Cleaners walk into your room even if you are in it and they all go in to clean even if you dont put up the sign which i found out to be pretty annoying.
Go to the Tiki hut bar beside Flamingos restaurant facing the beach for the best drinks on the resort! go watch all the shows with Looky Looky and Danny as hosts with great staff! very entertaining and very funny shows.
this resort is full of Canadians that just want to have a good time. it is very very safe at this resort i didnt lose a thing and nothing got stolen even when i left and forgot half my stuff like my phone at the restaurant.
I WILL GO BACK FOR SURE! that is the truth about this resort. there is so much to do there that you will never get bored! Viva El Mexico.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron