My former wife and I stayed there several years ago and liked it a lot. We never returned because on that same trip we bought time shares. One break-up later she has the time shares so I returned on my own in January 2012 for two weeks and loved it.
It's got a mellow, laid back feel to it. The staff are unfailingly warm, friendly and helpful. The food is remarkably good given the reasonable price paid for being there and there are several a la carte restaurants. The resort is pleasant and easy on the eyes, it's family oriented, so there lots of kids.
The tequila flows freely along with everything else. I struck up a friendship with one of the bartenders and I'm hoping he'll still be there when I return later this year.
I was on my own last time down, but I probably won't be next time.
Puerto Vallarta is about a 20 minute cab ride away for 25 U.S. bucks, but the buses are wayyyy
cheap and frankly are an adventure.
An added attraction is that the resort is part of a charming village called Bucerias which has shops, it's own market and restaurants galore for when you feel like eating off resort.
If you like tattoos there is a little shop run by a young Canadian couple about a 7 or 8 minute stroll down the road.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron