My 20 year old daughter and I just got back from spending Christmas at the Royal Decameron. We had a fabulous time. Our hotel room was not fancy by any means, but comfortable, clean and quiet, which is all you really need. We were in building 5 which is in front of the adult only pool so no kids running around screaming and splashing. And even though building 5 is closest to the outdoor theater and disco we didn't hear any noise coming from there when we were trying to sleep.
The entire complex is well kept and the staff work night and day to keep it pristine. The food choices are plentiful with 2 buffets serving 2 different styles every night as well as 5 restaurants that you need reservations to get in to for dinner. Indeed, the reservation process was the only negative about this hotel complex as you had to get a number at 7:30 am and then wait your turn to make reservations. You could only reserve for two nights at a time. Not my idea of fun to have to wake up at that hour while on holiday, but, as I say, this is the only negative thing I can find to say about the hotel. The Piccolo was the best of the "reservation only" restaurants but the others were also very good. If you choose to skip the whole reservation process and eat at the buffets only you'll still have plenty of good food. Certainly no chance of starving!
The animation staff are friendly and always doing something to engage the guests. My special favorite was the Michael Jackson lookalike whose name unfortunately escapes me but all of them were very outgoing and obviously enjoy their jobs.
The evening shows were fantastic! Mr. Looky Looky and his (very hot!) dance troop were extremely professional and kept us guests entertained in a big way. Costumes, lighting and music were awesome. We didn't miss a single show and looked forward to attending every day.
To say the least, we were very satisfied with the Royal Decameron and would go back in a heartbeat. I recommend it most wholeheartedly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron