“Great place for the price”

Royal Decameron Complex
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bucerias
GreenLeadersGold level
Kingston, Canada
“Great place for the price”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

If you are looking at price and want a deal this is a good alternative. There is free WiFi just outside the main entrance in the sports bar, also down the street to the left about 3 blocks is an Internet cafe. Can get an hour massage on the beach for around $20. It is great! Food is good, except for the Jap Jap whcih whould be called Asianor Chinese as the only Japenese is the Sushi appetizer. The Thai was the best in my oopinion with the Italian being second unless you are looking at quantity then do the Brazilian BBQ man that is ALOT of meat!
Beach is great, waves and undertow can close it now and then. Have bogie boards, kayaks 1 and 2 person. Yoga at 9, aquasize, fun things to do. And even though they don't advertise a kids club they have daily activites for the kids. A couple great evening shows too!

Room Tip: We had an Ocean Front Room in block one, unless you love the sound of waves 24/7 go for one farther...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank altarose22

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,223)
Reviewed October 26, 2012

It was our first time in Mexico and at a all inclusive resort. When first arriving we were a little confused but everyone was very helpful. The rooms are clean but are not not fancy everyday we had a new large bottle of water. The food at the buffets was all right nothing to boast about. The
A La Carts were really good. The beach was awesome great sand could walk out a fair distance.
The only thing I didn't like was the pestering from the peddlers it was too much for a newbie. I would go back to this resort.

Room Tip: If you are going to stay with a beach front room make sure you are on the second floor as we were gr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Bob6464
Prince George, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We came here in January 2012 and had so much fun. This resort has a very friendly and casual feel that appeals to families and couples alike. Our room was great, the staff was so friendly and the amenities are wonderful. The beach is great and clean. The food at the restaurants is delicious and the buffets are great. Because we were on vacation, we slept in and had no problem getting food at 10-11, which can often be an issue at other resorts.

Room Tip: Block 5 is the quietest and right in front of the adult pool,
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank whippedscream
rycroft
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

It's a really beautiful spot. the beach is gorgeous, but being in a bay, the water is not great for swimming or snorkeling. Way too choppy. The only food that we really liked was the guacamole and tortilla chips and fries. The guacamole is SO GOOD! Real tortilla chips made with corn, not flour. Our room was on the ground floor, right beside the bar and pool, so it was pretty noisy. Staff was ok, but never received any great service. I actually forgot my purse in a tour bus that dropped us off one afternoon, and I tried to get help contacting the tour bus from the front desk staff. It took 10 minutes just to get them to call the bus driver. I'm not sure if language was a barrier or if they just didn't care.
It is a beautiful spot, but the buildings are pretty basic and the food and service were far from luxurious!

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank dblonde2000
Kimberely
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This was our first all Inclusive ever, normally we are cruisers, so we wanted to try it. We are SOLD on it, thanks to Royal Decameron in PV. I am a very picky traveller, and I am used to being given the royal treatment, I would give this a resort 3.5 Stars. Which is moderate in my taste simply because of the price we paid for our holiday. So it was well worth our money. I did miss some little subtle things, like face cloths, bottled beer, robes, key cards, peanut butter and ketchup. But again those are very minor things. We were at the resort during low season, so there was about 25% Canadians and 75% Mexican from the inland. Which was fine, I'm pretty sure the buffet was geared towards their tastes, but I could be wrong, I did suffer the FOOD blues badley, thank goodness for the omlete station and sandwhich bar, and of course the speciality restaurants, if it wasn't for those I may have starved. But again I am picky. I do have a big big major concern, so I sure hope this gets back to the resort. I am very concerned about security measures at the resort. THIS IS NOT A GATED RESORT!!!!!!!!! not sure if it's because of the geographic location in Bucerias or what, but they either need to MOVE the Disco or put big gates up. Locals found there way into the disco and if it wasn't for the bartender giving us the advice on leaving, it may have ended up bladley for some very pretty young girls. This is a big concern for me. Anyways just wanted to give the heads up to all young travellers that like to attend the dance club at night, BEWARE. Location is perfect, the beach was wonderful, the staff was amazing from waiters to housekeepers. had to laugh though some of the gardeners and older male staff, sure liked to make out they were busy, but really were very pathetic.......I giggled while watching them try very hard at looking like they were working. Enjoyed the 4 foot Iguana in the swimming pool great entertainment. My only beef with regards to the mexican travellers is that there should be a policy with regards to wearing clothes in the swimming pools, this in not acceptable to me, clothes alter the PH balance is swimming pools, they should be made to wear swimming suites. Other than that I had an amazing time. I got my money's worth!

Room Tip: We were in building FOUR great beach, pool and food access
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank kelara22
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just returned home from a fantastic trip to Bucerias staying at the Royal Decameron Complex. This trip was to celebrate my 50th birthday and we were a group of 7 adults. I had done a lot of reading about the RDC before going and all the positive comments were true. The main highlight of this property is the amazing staff and the beautifully landscaped grounds.

We all found the food to be very good. We could find enough variety for the breakfast and lunch buffets and went to a different themed restaurant every night. We found the reservation system very simple but we were there when it wasn't really busy and never had to wait in line. We ate at the Brazilian, Thai and Mexican restaurants once and the Italian restaurant twice. We found the food to be good at all of them. We particularly liked the Italian restaurant, especially since it was air conditioned!

As far as the alcohol, we did get tired of the fruity drinks and the wine was not good, but the beer on tap was always cold. Who can complain with this considering what we paid for our week there!

I would recommend the RDC to all travellers!

Room Tip: If you stay in Building One make sure to ask for a room on the second or third floor on the south en...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank luv2getaway
Del REY OAKS,CA
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We just got back from one week vacation at the Royal Decameron,and I would say all in all it was great. The only problem for me was no hot water in our room for the whole week,it made shaving in the morning very rough.I had let the front desk know three times to no responce. With that in mind it was still a great time. The food was fantastic no complaints there,the shows at night were fun. I was happy they had an adult pool to swim all the young kids took over the other pools.As for the people there Iwould say half were mexican and the other half was from Canda,which by the way were really nice people. It seemed like my wife and I were the only ones from the United States.Bottom line I would recommend it so go ahead and enjoy yourself!

Room Tip: building three has the only elevetor!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Larry B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucerias
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#40 of 123 in Puerto Vallarta
Grand Palladium Vallarta Resort & Spa
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
ClubHotel RIU Jalisco
#20 of 27 in Nuevo Vallarta

Been to Royal Decameron Complex? Share your experiences!