“Love the RC!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bucerias
GreenLeadersGold level
“Love the RC!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2003

I have been to the Royal Decameron twice now and am planning a third trip back in January. I love this place! The surroundings are so beautiful, the staff is great, Jimmy, Lucio and Oscar were our favorites! I couldn't imagine anything more! My husband and I have been to Cabo San Lucas and Cancun and we loved Puerto Vallarta the most! I love all the activities and shows and the beach and the bars and the pools and just absoluetly everything!

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,206)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2003

I guess I was at a different resort than the people from Chicago. My family and I had a wonderful time at the DeCameron. 10/14 thru 10/20.
Some people may never be happy. You have to remember this is Mexico.
The food was excellent for buffet food. There was always more choices for the picky kids than they would ever want. Don't be cheap a few dollars goes along way in any culture. TIP YOUR WAITER and see how things happen. The only bad part wbout the trip was the few rude, cheap people that figure they paid for an all inclusive deal and they wanted everything NOW and THEIR WAY. Where does anyone get that at home? Rooms very clean the grounds where beautiful and the kept spotless dispite the people leaving cups everywhere, they were picked up right away. It was about 70% full when we were there and 50% the week after. Mostly Canadains and Brits. Not many kids this time of year. I had four with me and they had the time of their lives. And these are kids that grew up in the water coast to coast and weeks on Lake Powell with all the toys. They did not like going anywhere they just wanted the beach and pools. Plenty for them to do. Entertainment every night and food always available. I can see how went it is full it could be crowded with kids.
And the Mexican people can comunicate better. Just tip the bartenders and waiters and they will remember you. They work 12 to 14 hours days.
Watch out for jelly fish. Several where stung, including my daughter while we were there. Dr. took care of it with compresses and a shot for 800 pesos. Take a insulated cup for your drinks by the pool. The bartenders will wash them and fill them up. they will keep things colder and hold much more than the 6 oz. cups. Participate in the pool activities, they are fun. Walk down the first road on the left leaving the hotel and you will find the town a short walk. On the way there is a guy named Scott from Canada that will sell you any tour you want for much cheaper than the hotel or anywhere else. They all cost the vender the same, the mark up is the commission they can get you to charge.
Take the bus on the main road to town. It is fun. The cab stand in front of the hotel will make any deal you want to take you anywhere and wait for you. They will take you on all day tours of the towns, mountians and beer and teguilla factories. Great place and will go again. Painless vacation spot.

Oreana IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2003

My husband and I, his children and their spouses, and his sister and her husband just got back from the Royal Decameron. We all had a great time. The rooms were not that great, however, the rest of the resort was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and eager to please. I cannot say enough about the quality of service that we received. It was wonderful. The resort has several pools to choose from. We spent a lot of time at the adults only pool. It was very quiet and relaxing. My husband and I have never cared for buffets, however, the food was excellent. I recomend the massage, it was very relaxing. We liked the fact that we did not have to dress up to eat. We have to do that everyday for work, we did not want to do that on vacation. The men in our group did not like the mexican beer, so one of the guys walked a few blocks, bought a cooler and a beer called modello light, they said it tasted like miller light. It is a 25 minute trip into the city but it was worth it. We would definately go back to the Royal Decameron.

2 Thank Lvollie
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2003

This was my eighteenth trip in twenty years to Mexico, staying in many places, Mazatlan, Mayan Riveria and Puerto Vallarta and this is probably the best all inclusive I have experienced. It is a four star only because of where it is located (25 min. north of PV airport) and because it is deemed a "Mexican Hotel" but is is definitely a 5 star in my books. Food was excellent, variety every night, always kept fresh and always something fresh, breakfast - omelet, eggs and pancake bar, lunch, fresh turkey, chicken, ham or roast beef, dinner, pasta cooked to your liking, ham, etc... never stayed in any five star that had that!! Snacks as well were excellent, at a 5 star we stayed at you could get a hamburger, but it came from a pre-cooked bin, here at the decameron, they were cooked fresh to your order...add you own fixings (excellent guacamole and salsa (pico de gallo!)

Now about the hotel rooms - Block 1 is the one that is on the beach and between the two pools..if you can get a room there DO, it was being renovated while we were there but it is now ready for occupancy...get your travel agent to request a room there Block two is away from the beach as is Block 3 both have great views from the top two floors, and easy access on the first floor, but the disco and the showplace is behind you and if you go to bed before midnight it is very loud. Block 4 is where they usually put the Europeans (The Brits..good luv them!) I like it best top fllor for the view and quiet, except when the DIF complex behind has a party, but it is very rarely and not usually past 10:00. and finally Block 5 which is across the road from the lobby, not on the beach but surrounding the largest pool and it is all adults only...people who stayed there said it was great, but the disco also could keep you awake...so there you are.

We had our 5 year daughter with is and it was her birthday, the staff (Thanks Polo our best barman!!) went and bought us a pinata and candy for her birthday!! The kids all around the pools had a great time trying to break it..a great fiesta. Thanks to all the great staff...Also re Kids Club - Alex is the rep and she is from Canada (Quebec) so she speaks, English, French and Spanish and the children just loved her. So feel safe leaving your children with her.

When in P.V. you must take the bus to Punta De Mita..9 pesos (About $1 Canadian) takes you there..just stay on the bus 'til it terminates.
When you get off Pedro will greet you from his restaurant and ask you to go there...and it seems that is where everyone goes...he was very busy, HOWEVER, he was the most expensive and not the greatest food....carry on to the end to El Coral It was excellent, he had cots on the beach with sun covers and excellent lobster, I have been coming here for years, and his is the best! Beer was cheap too, tell him its your birthday and you will get a free round!!

The only downfall if there has to be one is that the hotel on the weekends hosts a large number of mexicans from other parts of Mexico (Guadalajara, Mex. City, etc.) usually bus groups. And They are very demanding of the staff (not all but a lot) I felt sorry for the workers as they felt obliged to help the loud mexican screaming at him in Spanish to get him a drink, ahora (NOW) and their children take over the pools and the grounds...but once they are gone, you are back with the Canadians and the English. This resort is part of a charter out of Great Britian so there are a lot of English people, and a great lot they are...we meet some great friends, so our next trip my be to Great Britian.

Enjoy the Resort, I recommend it! If you have any questions feel free to email us..I love puerto vallarta and have stayed just about everywhere...and I am picky!! So feel free. Viva Mexico!

4 Thank PVLover
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2003

i was not impressed with this resort at all. they catered to mexican families and their children, this is not a place to go to with friends or just your spouse. the events that they have are for children, the shows and entertainment was for children, heck the disco had children in it at 1am. (go figure0the one pool was actually nice (it was the adult pool) but the bar that was by the adult pool closed everyday at 6pm. i didnt understand that one either. there were 6 of us that went so that made it fun. but the restaurants that they have there are horrible. the only good food that they had there was buffet food and the midnight snack, they have no room service, and give you dirty stiff towels in the room, there were ants all over the bathroom sink, and when you were done showering, the floor was flooded. the toilet overflowed in all of our rooms, so obviously it wasnt just our room.
when i say that they cater to mexican families, is because if you ask anyone where anything is at, they ignore you, but if you are mexican, you obviously speak spanish and then they will answer you. i would assume that in order to work at a place like this, you would have to speak both languages, considering the amount of tourists. but they all acted like they didnt speak any english at all. the mexican children were allowed to swim in the adult pool, but no american children, one day there was a whole mexican family in the adult pool, and they didnt say anything to them, but the american child who was just passing thru to use the washroom with his mother, they yelled at them to leave the area. unbelievable. def. not a 4 star hotel. would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. let alone a stranger.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2003

My husband and I visited from August 31, 2003 - to September 7, 2003!!We were on our honeymoon! We found it to be a very romantic, fun and exciting place to visit and stay. The hotel went well out of their way to make sure everything was at the customers satisfaction. Daily we had fresh flowers on our beds and towels in shapes of swans. The view from our room was breathtaking!We will be visiting again!Jason and Toni Modisette

Edmonton, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2003

My wife and I went to the Royal Decameron for a week in September to
spend our 20th anniversary. We had friends that stayed at the same
complex in Apr 03 and are planning on visiting again this fall and
recommended this resort to us. We went there with the understanding
that we were going to a Mexican 3 star and that there were probably
going to be a few rough edges to contend with. Well let me tell you
that we got way more than we expected! The complex is excellent and the
staff are extremely friendly and helpful. The food was great, rooms
were clean, drinks were plentiful and we both had a very relaxing
week-long holiday.
The only people that we talked to, or overheard (as they were very loud), that actually had major complaints were the "high society" types that felt that they should be getting "5 star" treatment, despite the fact that they had only paid for 3 star services. We have all seen these types of people that are never happy, no matter where they are. Well don't let these whiners spoil your fun! Enjoy yourself, have fun being waited on and just lay back with your "Indio" beer in hand and keep repeating to yourself, "Life is Great!". I would definitely return to the Royal Decameron Complex in a heartbeat.

10 Thank ben_mac
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucerias
Villa del Palmar Flamingos
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa
Sunscape Puerto Vallarta Resort ...
#39 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
Now Amber Puerto Vallarta
#17 of 126 in Puerto Vallarta
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,693 reviews

Been to Royal Decameron Complex? Share your experiences!