Royal Decameron Complex
Bookit.com
$498
$155
  • Pool
Samba Vallarta All Inclusive(Flamingos)(Great Value!)
$214
$180
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
Hotel Riu Vallarta(Nuevo Vallarta)
HotelQuickly
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
5,203 results
All reviewsadult poolpuerto vallartaroom in blocka la carte restaurantsjap japrooms are basicbring your own shampooiguana treehard plasticair mattressitalian restaurantflea marketsnack barsafe keyair transatstayed in buildingface cloths
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was a double dose of new experiences. The first time in Mexico and the first time at an all inclusive. Both lived up to my expectations. The weather Sept.13-20, 2012 was perfect. 33-36 each day with just enough evening rain to keep everything green. Decameron is a very nice resort, colourful, ready to serve, good size rooms, very clean pool areas, lots to eat and drink and most important Adult Only pools. If you enjoy the beach, and who doesn't, this one is well laid out, the sand is a little course though, but you can enjoy a beautiful sunset from your beach lounge chair or from one of the beach side bars. All good. Spa services prices, compared to cruise spa prices were inexpensive starting at about 500 pesos. If you like to work out a nice little gym with lots of cardio machines, some weights and a multi gym something for everyone. Reserved dining was a hit and miss with 5 different choices. There were good and bad reviews of food from the same resturant on the same evening go figure. Again all of my meals were quite good. Buffets abound with many sittings and long hours to eat and enjoy as much or as little as you like. If any complaint its a long way from PV about a 30-35 minute cab ride at about 250 pesos. Overall I enjoyed myself. Plenty to eat and drink, entertaining night shows, nightly disco for the dance set and lots of stuff for the kids to do during the day. I'd go back

Room Tip: stayed in Block 5 away from the beach and the family pools
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank jsob1949
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was the first time to Mexico and the first time staying in the Royal Decameron Chain of Hotels. Firstly let me start by saying: beware of the Timeshare sharks at the Airport!!! When arriving, they pretend that they are part of your tour guide and then try and sell you tours and timeshares, so please beware of this when arriving. After this bizarre experience, we got on the tour bus to our resort. After being to many resorts in the world and a few all inclusive resorts, I was pleasantly surprised :) The service we received from the time when we got off the bus until the time we were leaving a week later was fantastic!! They were efficient in allocating our rooms, taking the bags to the room and always full of smiles and no complaints, even though the temperature was in the late 30's and 100% humidity!!
We were pleased with our clean rooms, and this is a 4* in Mexico, so not all the toiletries are supplied except soap, but that is fine, as I always take my own.
We left tips of 20 Pesos per day for the housekeeper (Isabel) who was always smiling and even left 2 bottles of water per day in our room.
The buffets for the food were exceptional, as the choice was unbelievable, if you could not find anything to eat, then you could only blame yourself, as there was so much food, that it was impossible to try it all. There were 4 buffets restaurants where you could eat, and this was available for 24 hours a day. Including a snack bar, incase you were not full enough.
The 5 al la carte restaurants were superb! We booked one every night and each experience was Unique! The Italian (Piccolo) was fantastic, from the service to the food and the ambience. The Grill (Rodizio) was awesome, tip: don't each too much during the day before going here for dinner, as the food just keeps on coming and coming, and it is delicious.
The Japanese restaurant was great too.
The staff were always friendly and helpful and the activities and entertainment were some of the best I have ever seen. BRAVO to the Dancers in the evening shows, they are from all parts of South America and they were awesome.
Even though it was hot and humid, the pools were always welcoming, especially the adult pools, as they were quiter than the ones with the children. The alcohol was NOT watered down in any way, and was always free flowing.
There were kayaks/catamarans and boogie boards for the beach available, and these were fun, but unfortunately I got stung by jelly fish, so beware of this if you go in jellyfish season.
My boyfriend and I went on 3 Excursions, organised thru the hotel (Vallarta Adventures) and they were amazing!! The first was the EXTREME ADVENTURE, this included loads of Ziplining and repelling, and then to top off the day, the longest Zipline in South America - 1.6km long, WOW what a fun day. The next was the Dolphin Extreme adventure - where you get to swim and experience the day with Dolphins and a Sea Lion. This was definitely a trip to do, and once in a lifetime experience. The cherry on the cake was the Rythms of the Night show, where you take a Catamaran boat trip to Las Caletas Cove, have a romantic dinner on the beach at sunset, and then get to watch an amazing show with Fire dancers and acrobats on a scene of Rustic and Aztec features. The trip home on the Catamaran, was awesome, as you dance on the boat under the stars you feel just like a rock star!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to relax, and not worry about thinking for a week. Highly recommended and thank you to everyone for making my first trip to Mexico one I would never forget!!

Room Tip: We chose the beach front room, you pay a little extra when you book, but definitely worth it, this is in block one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
6  Thank Elaine B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Royal Decameron in Nuevo Vallarta is a great family spot. The staff are incredibly attentive and the food is exceptional. There are a number of restaurants to select from, although you need to stand in line to book your seating (has to be a better way to do this). There is also an "all adult" pool if you want to be away from the kids. The market is within walking distance and has just about anything you might be looking for. The vendors are easy going and very friendly. We have travelled to this resort 2 times now, and, for the price would not hesitate to go back again. Great vacation spot all round!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SHONZEE
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was the first time we stayed in the Royal Decameron in Puerto Vallarta. Compared to the Royal Decameron in Panama it is like a slice of pie. The staff were always helpful and friendly. They had our room wrong when we arrived but without too much hazzle we were able to get it changed. The maid did a great job of keeping our room clean. No shampoo but we took our own so no big deal. Weather was extremely hot and humid but we knew that and were prepared. The buffet breakfast and lunch were always the same but the other resturants were outstanding for supper. For our liking the music was too loud but then you could always move to where it was quietier. Only once in the bar off the main check in did we ask to have them turn the music down. Would we go again, you bet. Would I recommend it, you bet.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view were great, block one but move back a few rooms from the noise or you will get no sleep
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank retired7657
Reviewed September 22, 2012

First, about us. I am a pilot and stay in many hotels and resorts due to work. My wife and I and 2 infants (<2 years old) traveled to Royal Decameron based on the reviews. I would give it 2.5 on the reviews if I could.

There were three poor points about the resort.

1. Management:
At check in, no rooms were available and we had to wait for 2 hours past check in time for a room. The desk told me they will upgrade me to an ocean front when one became available. Two days later I show up to the lobby for the room and the manager Andres decided I would have to pay more money for the room that was promised to me. Instead, he gave me a room that was upstairs with an ocean view. I have two infants under the age of two and moving a stroller up and down the stairs was more hassle than it was worth. Gracias Andres.

2. Rooms:
They are clean but not very comfortable. The pillows are like rocks and we even asked for the softer mattress cover and it did little to help. The bathroom is outdated and no shampoo is provided, just soap. Water pressure is a little weak as well.

3. Spa:
My wife ordered a spa service and it was a little disappointing. The beautician showed up a half hour late and no apology. Throughout the service, someone walked into the room to just hang out and talk. This was while my wife is half nude. Not very appropriate or professional.

Now the good.

1. The staff worked extremely hard and were very accommodating until manager Andres got involved.

2. The food is surprisingly good. The Italian restaurant is truly a gem.(The house wine is bad)

3. We traveled with infants and the pools are made great for the kids and grownups alike.

4. It's on the beach and the beach is amazing.

5. On our visit, 80% of the tenants were Mexican. We loved hanging out and meeting different families from around Mexico. Most families let us hang out as if were part of their's. They made our trip unique and fun.

Room Tip: Building 1 is the only ocean front building. Building three is the only one with an elevator. We drank the water with no problems.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends