This was the first time to Mexico and the first time staying in the Royal Decameron Chain of Hotels. Firstly let me start by saying: beware of the Timeshare sharks at the Airport!!! When arriving, they pretend that they are part of your tour guide and then try and sell you tours and timeshares, so please beware of this when arriving. After this bizarre experience, we got on the tour bus to our resort. After being to many resorts in the world and a few all inclusive resorts, I was pleasantly surprised :) The service we received from the time when we got off the bus until the time we were leaving a week later was fantastic!! They were efficient in allocating our rooms, taking the bags to the room and always full of smiles and no complaints, even though the temperature was in the late 30's and 100% humidity!!
We were pleased with our clean rooms, and this is a 4* in Mexico, so not all the toiletries are supplied except soap, but that is fine, as I always take my own.
We left tips of 20 Pesos per day for the housekeeper (Isabel) who was always smiling and even left 2 bottles of water per day in our room.
The buffets for the food were exceptional, as the choice was unbelievable, if you could not find anything to eat, then you could only blame yourself, as there was so much food, that it was impossible to try it all. There were 4 buffets restaurants where you could eat, and this was available for 24 hours a day. Including a snack bar, incase you were not full enough.
The 5 al la carte restaurants were superb! We booked one every night and each experience was Unique! The Italian (Piccolo) was fantastic, from the service to the food and the ambience. The Grill (Rodizio) was awesome, tip: don't each too much during the day before going here for dinner, as the food just keeps on coming and coming, and it is delicious.
The Japanese restaurant was great too.
The staff were always friendly and helpful and the activities and entertainment were some of the best I have ever seen. BRAVO to the Dancers in the evening shows, they are from all parts of South America and they were awesome.
Even though it was hot and humid, the pools were always welcoming, especially the adult pools, as they were quiter than the ones with the children. The alcohol was NOT watered down in any way, and was always free flowing.
There were kayaks/catamarans and boogie boards for the beach available, and these were fun, but unfortunately I got stung by jelly fish, so beware of this if you go in jellyfish season.
My boyfriend and I went on 3 Excursions, organised thru the hotel (Vallarta Adventures) and they were amazing!! The first was the EXTREME ADVENTURE, this included loads of Ziplining and repelling, and then to top off the day, the longest Zipline in South America - 1.6km long, WOW what a fun day. The next was the Dolphin Extreme adventure - where you get to swim and experience the day with Dolphins and a Sea Lion. This was definitely a trip to do, and once in a lifetime experience. The cherry on the cake was the Rythms of the Night show, where you take a Catamaran boat trip to Las Caletas Cove, have a romantic dinner on the beach at sunset, and then get to watch an amazing show with Fire dancers and acrobats on a scene of Rustic and Aztec features. The trip home on the Catamaran, was awesome, as you dance on the boat under the stars you feel just like a rock star!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to relax, and not worry about thinking for a week. Highly recommended and thank you to everyone for making my first trip to Mexico one I would never forget!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron