My daughter and I stayed at the RDC from December 10-17, 2011. It was my 5th visit at the RDC, the first 4 being with my husband, and actually the very first with our children about 6 years ago. We love the resort ! We have always stayed in Block 4 and did request it this time, but we were shown to Block 5 to a dingy room that was not yet made up. SO disappointing... I requested another room right away and we were shown to a room in Block 3, and took it. It was a ground floor room facing toward the ocean. The room was great ! But, unfortunately we could hear the noise from the floor show on the nights that we wanted to hit the sack early. Luckily it was all over by 10:30 or 11:00. We decided right away "if you can't beat 'em join 'em', so from them on we went to the floor shows !! They were terrific !!
The staff at reception did offer to move us to Block 4 part way through our holiday, but we declined as we were well settled in, and had a great room with a lovely patio looking over the grass and gardens.
The Management must have known we were disappointed to arrive after a long flight in a room that was not made up, and so sent us a bottle of bubbly and a fruit bowl to our room. Thank you !!!
I really can't say enough good things about the resort. The food (both for vegetarians and non-vegetarians) was fabulous. The drinks (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are also just great.
We know so many of the staff by name now, after all these years. They are really a special bunch of people who seem to love their work at the resort.
First time we have stayed here and not seen lots of Americans (a sign of the times). Still many Canadians visiting during our week, and also lots of lovely Mexican families who came down to the coast from Mexico City or Guadalajara. We met one young Dad who had driven his family down to the resort from the interior of Mexico somewhere, and it took him 11 hours of driving.
We didn't do any day trip/excursions this time, as we have done most of them in past years. We just enjoyed beach time/pool time, and walking in to Bucerias.
Okay, this is the best tip I can give all of you Trip Advisor friends ... walk along the beach going towards Bucerias and stop at the first FIRST of three massage tents (remember it's the first of 3) and you can get a 1 hour massage for only 20 dollars. All you hear is the sound of the surf crashing in. It's heaven ! Enjoy !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Decameron Complex composed of three hotel units: Flamingos, Tropical and Royal, is located 20 minutes from Puerto Vallarta International Airport on the most exciting and extensive beach of the beautiful Bay of Banderas in the typical Mexican town of Bucerias in Riviera Nayarit. The colorful architecture of the Royal Decameron Complex offers 5 swimming pools, 4 of which are suitable for children, and long stretch of beach where you can enjoy different activities, non-motorized water sports and bar services. You can also enjoy a large number of buffet and a la carte options with specialized restaurants including: JAP JAP, Wok, MexicanoFusion, Piccolo and Steak House, among others. We also offer 6 bars along the beach and beside the swimming pools. The Royal Decameron Complex also has other installations like the Vallarta disco, 3 tennis courts, one soccer pitch and a fun Kids Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal Decameron Complex reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Decameron Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Hotel
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Bucerias
- Royal Decameron Mexico
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Mexico
- Royal Decameron Complex Puerto Vallarta
- Royal De Cameron
- Royal Decameron Nuevo Vallarta
- Royal Decameron Puerto Vallarta Hotel
- Puerto Vallarta Royal Decameron