“Perfect class for first timers”
Review of Splash of Glass

Splash of Glass
Ranked #1 of 12 Shopping in Bucerias
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on corner of Lazaro Cardenas and Calle Morelos in the beautiful town of Bucerias. We are located one block from the ocean! We offer classes in lampwork beads, beginning stained glass, fused glass, suncatchers, fused glass jewellry, and glass mosaics. Come on in and take a class!!! We also carry many beautiful products handmade right here in Mexico.
Redwood City, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Perfect class for first timers”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

While we were staying at the Royal Decameron, we found Splash of Glass, less than a mile straight down the main street to down. They offer a number of classes, and we wanted to try one. They had just moved to their new, more spacious space, and didn't have any electricity yet. But they still managed to accommodate us in a bead making class, just for our family, which involved small blow torches.

Four of us took the class -- two kids and two adults -- which was the limit of the space and equipment. One of our adults helped out the kids. Hans was very patient in explaining how to make the beads, and then how to decorate them. We were there for between 3 and 4 hours, and ended up with over a dozen beads each. It was inspiring, fun, and a real change of pace.

If we return next year, we are DEFINITELY planning to arrange for another class.

Visited December 2012

Vancouver, Canada
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A lovely couple sharing their art”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

My daughter and I came here last Christmas and as a present to ourselves signed up for a private jewelry making class. We had so much fun picking the glass and experimenting together. The teachers were patient and sweet and even helped us mount our creations which was a bonus. I'd love to try one of the more advanced classes when I next get down there!

Visited January 2012
Bucerias, Mexico
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Love this shop!”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

This is a great place for many reasons. The shop is so cool and full of interesting glass items....and cards too! The people who run it are artists and very friendly, the resident dog, Bonita is too.You can take a class, buy something that catches your eye or have them teach you to do it yourself. The prices are reasonable and you will love your souvenir! Hans and Irene are easy to talk to and full of patience and kindness. Stop in and give yourself a treat.

Kingston, Canada
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Friendly, informative and creative”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stopped in twice while down for a week not only were they informative about their creations but also about local restaurants etc. Great people and art

Kingston
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Creative Glass - fun fun fun”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

What a find!! A great artists/craftspersons plaza. The Splash of Glass was perfect. If you are going to Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta or Buscerias you must find this place. A kind and patient couple originally from Lethbridge, Alberta now make Mexico their home with their dog Bonita. They sell beautiful things they created from glass. If you appreciate handcrafted items you will love the unique variety of items sold. What I loved was the classes. I took a lampworking bead class (in this case one on one) and had a blast. It was so much fun melting and creating my own beads with a torch. My beads are the best souviner I have of my vacation and I plan to make some special gifts for my family and friends for Christmas with the remaining beads. I loved it so much I rented some studio time the next day to practice my newly acquired skills. What a thrill! I didn't even need to pull out my VISA however it was nice knowing the option was available to me. Write this address down...62 Lázaro Cárdenas! Other artists shops in the plaza have beautiful butterfly winged jewellery and mosaic creations plus plus. I am a 50 year old woman, they have exciting things to do for every age group. Photos on the wall of kids creations were adorable. This is still a hidden gem...don't miss it!