“Friendly, informative and creative”
Review of Splash of Glass

Splash of Glass
Ranked #1 of 14 Shopping in Bucerias
More attraction details
Owner description: We are located on corner of Lazaro Cardenas and Calle Morelos in the beautiful town of Bucerias. We are located one block from the ocean! We offer classes in lampwork beads, beginning stained glass, fused glass, suncatchers, fused glass jewellry, and glass mosaics. Come on in and take a class!!! We also carry many beautiful products handmade right here in Mexico.
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stopped in twice while down for a week not only were they informative about their creations but also about local restaurants etc. Great people and art

All reviews
"lamps"
"appreciation"
"sculptures"

Reviewed October 17, 2012

What a find!! A great artists/craftspersons plaza. The Splash of Glass was perfect. If you are going to Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta or Buscerias you must find this place. A kind and patient couple originally from Lethbridge, Alberta now make Mexico their home with their dog Bonita. They sell beautiful things they created from glass. If you appreciate handcrafted items you will love the unique variety of items sold. What I loved was the classes. I took a lampworking bead class (in this case one on one) and had a blast. It was so much fun melting and creating my own beads with a torch. My beads are the best souviner I have of my vacation and I plan to make some special gifts for my family and friends for Christmas with the remaining beads. I loved it so much I rented some studio time the next day to practice my newly acquired skills. What a thrill! I didn't even need to pull out my VISA however it was nice knowing the option was available to me. Write this address down...62 Lázaro Cárdenas! Other artists shops in the plaza have beautiful butterfly winged jewellery and mosaic creations plus plus. I am a 50 year old woman, they have exciting things to do for every age group. Photos on the wall of kids creations were adorable. This is still a hidden gem...don't miss it!

Reviewed July 12, 2012

I can't say enough about "Splash of Glass" and the owners Hans and Irene...oh yes and the ever loving Bonita.
After looking for additional activities to quench my creative side, I found this shop and decided to take a class on glass bead making. The class was excellent with great teachers. I ended up with a special piece of jewellery and 3 more wonderful friends!

Reviewed April 28, 2012

Recently returned from a vacation in nuevo vallarta, Mexico. Prior to leaving I checked on tripadvisor for some interesting activities. It was here that I found the information on the wonderful studio located in Buserias, "Splash of Glass". We easily located the studio in the Bucerias Art Walk Plaza. My first thought was to do the glass bead making class, but changed my mind and took the glass fusing class. It was excellent! I made some awesome fused glass jewellery to take back as gifts for family and friends. Both Hans and Irene are great teachers, encouraging you to utilize your creative talents and making your project your own. I would highly recommend this experience and I will definitely be going back to take another class the next time in Buserias. By far the best activity while on my holiday!