“just a beach bar”

Cuisines: International
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Food so so--service bad - I would,t go back with so many other places on the beach and no excuse for bad service

3  Thank juanapvregular
colininpv, Owner at Breakers Restaurant and Beach Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We are sorry that you did not enjoy our service. We strive to offer a great experience for all of our clients but sometimes we do miss the mark unfortunately. We hope that you will come by another time so we try again. See you soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Have enjoyed many afternoons upstairs with Margaritas and beers. Waiters are alway great. We have noticed the food has changed this year much better last year. The onion rings and zucchini stick where are favorite last year. But only have had them once this year not the same.

Thanks for your nice review. We have made some staff changes since your last visiit so please order your favorites and let us know your thoughts. See you soon.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I am a local, having lived here, year round for 14 years. It's such a delight to have food from home on my dinner plate when I venture out for a meal, and Breakers is just the ticket on Thursday nights! Perogies! Not only perogies, but BETTER perogies than I've ever eaten!

The best place to sit, for me, is upstairs, looking OVER the beach, but not ON it. That way, you avoid the vendors who tend to pester you unmercifully. I guess, after 14 years of this, telling the vendors "No gracias" is getting a little old.

Service is, for the most part, excellent. I've never had to wait too long to catch a waiter's eye.

My companion, the last time I went, said the nachos were the best she'd ever eaten, and so we went back two nights later for the same thing. Me: perogies, she: nachos. The only suggestion I might have for the owner is to replace the hot-dog-tasting churiso on the perogy plate with something more like Ukrainian garlic sausage. I always end up taking all my sausage home for the dog, because it just doesn't cut it. Nonetheless, the perogies are so good, I order them every time anyway.

Kudos to the owners and servers at this little gem. And thanks for the good times and great food!

Thanks for your wonderful review. I will pass on the compliments about the perogies to my mom who taught the staff how to make them. I agree with you about the sausage and I am hoping to find a nice garlic sausage replacement but it seems to be a little difficult to find one here in Mexico but we will keep looking. Thanks again and see you soon.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Breakers was recommended to us by someone we met on the beach and it did not dissappoint. Good Acapulco ceviche, a few cold beers and a lobster/shrimp special made for a very good dinner at reasonable price. A nice break from the nearby Riu Palace Pacifico at which we were staying.

Thanks for taking the time to write your nice review. We look forward to serving you again when you are in paradise.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Met up with friends from Vancouver for an afternoon drink at Breakers Beach Bar in Bucerias.

Great location with inside upper balcony with great view or outside beach seating.

Lots of beach umbrellas for shade and if you get too hot, just walk into the ocean to cool off.

If you want to avoid beach vendors, sit inside.

Very good friendly service, free wi-fi, cold cervesas and the best bar tequila on tap - very smooth!

Canadian-owned. Open 11 am to midnight.

The Rhythmn Roosters band playing Sunday - so will be back.

Great location to view the spectacular Bay of Banderas sunsets!

Thanks for your review. Our terrace is very popular for its´privacy and ocean breezes. See you again soon!