“OK bread, bad service.”
Review of Vera Bakery Cafe - CLOSED

Vera Bakery Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Home made bakery, with wireless internet for free. Breads, muffins, breakfast sandwiches, cakes,fresh juices, smoothies and the best coffee on town. We take specials order for birthdays, weddings or any reception or party. Everything is bake on site.Pasteleria y panaderia hecha en casa y en el lugar. Internet gratis para todos nuestros clientes. Panes , muffins, sandwiches para desayunos, jugos frescos, smoothies, y el mejor cafe en bucerias. Tomamos ordenes especiales para cumpleaños, bodas y cualquier tipo de fiestas o eventos.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Vera's sells bread at a Saturday market in Puerto Vallarta. It was busy and after waiting ten minutes, when I reached the head of the line, I asked what kind one of the breads was. One of the two people selling it asked the other, they argued, never did give me a definitive answer and then, within 2 seconds, as I was about to choose and had my money ready, they both ignored me and turned their attention to the next person in line. I was stunned, said "OK, then", and left. Wow. How rude can you get? And I've been a regular customer, which apparently also goes unrecognized. No more. Instead of sending people to them, as I have done regularly in the 6 months I live in PV every year, I will now divert them away. Go to Artisan Bakery, just down the block, get better bread and deal with Lorraine, who is sweet and will remember you.

1  Thank stevie_wanderer_1949

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The first time my mom and I came here we weren't very hungry so we decided to split a panini... And thank god we did because their portions are huge! A half is the size of a normal sandwich and you also get a small salad on the side. Today we split the panini with prosciutto, tomato, mozzarella, and pesto and it was delicious also. The place itself and the bathroom are very clean, friendly staff. If the food takes awhile just know its probably because its FRESHLY made and the food won't disappoint.

1  Thank Kaylorburd
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I have no idea how this restaurant became #35/69 in Bucerias. We have been going there for two years when we're too lazy to cook and everything we're had has been delicious, fresh, well prepared and served. Our experience is definitely an excellent rating.

1  Thank carguy43
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Out walking to Bucerias, and had a sweet attack' the aroma coming out of the Bakery was too much to walk away from.We had Her special
coffee, and Vera's version of Our Cinnamen Roll
with fresh butter no less. Sat a a small table in the Bakery, and just ate..didn't share either...
explained to a clerk where We were from, She said lots of Cdns. Her best cusomers, I wonder why.Alsoo serve fresh toast & coffee in the mornings for the Rentals that line the streets. Great smells, I could live there.

1  Thank Mary H
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Always nice to return to the friendly
Smiles of Christian great coffee, always
Lots of friendly people for a reason ,
Food is great!!!! Wonderful Mexican wedding cookies. Cannot wait to go back.

1  Thank Alice S