“Wonderful Food, Beautiful View, Awesome Staff”

Dugarel Plays Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #15 of 190 Restaurants in Bucerias
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

We liked this restaurant so much, we went back a second time! The restaurant was recommended to us by our bellman at Villa del Palmar Flamingos. The food was great, and they were willing to make us food that wasn't even on the menu. The view is great, especially at sunset. The first time we were there we mentioned that we'd like some Mexican Coffee when we came back. They were ready for us and put on a spectacular show. The owner and wait staff are very friendly and will do anything they can to make your meal enjoyable!

1  Thank maxinepw

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've had dinner at this place regularly during the last 10 years and I recently invited 2 friends to join me there. To begin with, the host never fails to extend a warm welcome on your arrival. I like the beach location and the open-air dining-room is on an elevated patio, rather than in the sand. I'm not a fan of fish, but I love shellfish, especially their shrimp and lobster en brochette.

Reviewed May 14, 2012

The small restaurants right along the beach in Bucerias, Mexico are wonderful. Dugarel Plays is no exception. You can sit above the beach or right on the beach to enjoy your meal. The food is excellent, prepared and presented well! Seafood, traditional mexican dishes - all delicious!

1  Thank Sandra S
Reviewed April 20, 2012

My wife and I left the kids at the resort and went for dinner at Dugarel Plays. The seafood was very good. I had coconut prawns (their prawns look like mini lobsters!) and my wife and the prawns and rock lobster. The only odd thing was the drawn butter had a really weird taste to it. Very good dinner.

Reviewed April 15, 2012

We had a wonderful view, the sunset was gorgeous and the food was soooo good. Everything was fresh, we all ordered seafood and no one was disappointed. The service was excellent and the view cannot be beat! This was our last dinner in Mexico before we headed home, and it was the perfect ending to a perfect trip. I would not hesitate to go back, it is a very good value with an even better view. We brought our own wine and they uncorked it for us without a fee. Just one more reason to go. :-) Enjoy!

1  Thank jblairgolf