“SO much fun! And not difficult to do!”
Review of Segway Tours Vallarta - CLOSED

Segway Tours Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Puerto Vallarta deserves a unique way to be admired. Come learn how to glide through the magical streets of Vallarta on the newest Segways, X2. The all terrain tires will allow a ride on the beach to admire the panaramic views of Banderas Bay, and a glide by the golf course, infested with crocodile lakes. We'll finish at a local restaurant for a taste of Vallarta and chat about this once in a lifetime experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I had seen the reviews of Segway Tours here, on Tripadvisor, before we went to Bucerias and knew I wanted to try it. I wasn't disappointed! We went to their shop a little before 10 in the morning, and Delia said, sure, we could go right away. She closed up the shop and took us out (so if you came along after we did, sorry).

She started us practicing in the street in front of the shop, and when that got comfortable, we went around the corner to practice on a bumpier street, and to practice going up and down curbs and speed bumps. She gave us a ton of time to practice and made sure we were comfortable before we went around town. We went through the town, to the north, all the way to the end of Bucerias, because we said we hadn't seen anything that way before. There were some easier and some more difficult streets, but she watched and made sure I was getting through the challenges all right. Oh, and Delia has the amazing ability to ride a Segway AND turn around and take pictures of you at the same time! so I'll post a couple of pictures she took on our camera for us.

It always surprises me how few rules there are on Mexican roads, and it seemed to be no problem to ride on sidewalks or public streets. We just watched for traffic, and gave a wave of thanks if someone stopped to let us go by. We paid for only the hour-long tour so we stayed in town. Delia said the longer tour (2.5 hrs.) is the one to take if you want to go on the beach. She also gave us cold water for the ride, and even shared the last of her sunscreen because we forgot ours (take the hint - don't forget your sunscreen).

They don't take credit cards, so bring cash (almost any kind will be accepted I think). Their generosity with time might be affected by the time of year - we were there in low season, and everybody had plenty of time.

Anyway, it was a GREAT experience! And, like another reviewer here said, immediately your husband starts talking about how you need to buy one of these to use at home!

Reviewed June 18, 2012

We were pleasantly surprised about how much FUN the Segway Tour was! We were a little skeptical at first, because I'm not a very coordinated person, but that soon disappeared. With a little training, I took on a steep hill, went down stairs, and easily attacked uneven terrain, all without any harm to myself, others, or the Segway! In fact at the end, I felt like a pro and didn't want to get off, even after 2 1/2 hours! The views are fantastic, and I have to admit, the Segway made it so much more pleasant than via foot. Liesel is a great guide, making sure everyone was comfortable and ready, and had us all smiling the whole time. This is a definite repeat and I wouldn't hesitate at all recommending it to others...in fact, I ALREADY HAVE!

3  Thank angelabtom
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great fun.
Wonderful staff.
What a hoot. Never tried them before. Was very much fun and well instructed.
You should go.

1  Thank SeanGilliland
Reviewed May 11, 2012

David was such a friendly guide and showed us various sites throughout Bucerias including great restaurants to try and local markets where we could reasonably buy dried peppers that we wanted to bring home with us. We both enjoyed the time going up and down the beach. Would highly recommend this tour to anyone coming to the area. Neither one of us had ever ridden a Segway before and the "lesson" only took about 15 mins and we were off and running! Such a Fun Day in Bucerias. What a great way to see this little town!

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I can't say enough about the Segway tour my friends and I took on my 50th Birthday. We had such an excellent experience we can't wait to go back and do it all over again next year. They are usually closed on Sunday's but David was kind enough to take us on the tour to celebrate a milestone. After about 45 mins of instruction we toured through Bucerias, the flea market, and the beach (stopping along the way for a few celebratory tequila shots)!!! David was an excellent instructor and tour guide. Best time ever :)

1  Thank Kerri B