“If you can stand the beach vendors”
Review of Mar y Sol

Mar y Sol
Ranked #19 of 181 Restaurants in Bucerias
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Mar y Sol Restaurant -Bar , opened to the public on February 1, 1993 , was founded by Miguel Castrejon and his father Don Jose Luis Castrejon ; who was the one who chose the name of the restaurant and thanks to these elements (the Sun and the Sea ) , to accomplished everything is today. Starting with only six tables, a stove, a refrigerator and Miguel Castrejon as a cook , dishwasher and waiter. Initially the restaurant was visited mostly by locals , but over time , our customers are both domestic and international.
Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband and I had lunch at Mar y Sol a few weeks ago. The lunch was excellent. The service was spotty. However, it was non-stop vendors approaching the table. I don't think we had 60 seconds of peace and quiet during our entire lunch. It is really annoying and an invasion of your privacy, time and money. I understand that everybody needs to make a living but I would think twice about going back to the restaurant because of the vendors.

My shrimp quesadilla was excellent, my husband's beef burrito fabulous. The hot sauce is "hot" and you may regret it the next day. The service could definitely be improved upon. With so many restaurants in the area serving the exact same food, offering the same fabulous view, I would choose one that had a deck high up like El Brujo where you don't get hassled by the vendors.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spend almost every day at Mar Y Sol whenever I'm in Bucerias. Fabulous Food excellent service.Best Margaritas on the Beach.

3  Thank Linda A
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a lovely dinner sitting on the beach looking at the lights around Banderos Bay. It is not a fancy restaurant but the food is excellent.
Fish and seafood is cooked over a wood burning fire. Shrimp cocktail was very good although we missed the North American cocktail sauce. Snapper was delicious. One in our party had the lobster which looked and smelled fabulous.
Service was very good when the fresh fries turned out to be frozen they quickly made fresh and they were great.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We had a wonderful breakfast at Mar y Sol, the service was excellent and the food exceptional. I had an Apple Cinnamon Pecan Crepe and my husband had the Eggs Benedict both were delicious and very appetizing as was the presentation. The restaurant is very clean and the atmosphere is very pleasant. The restrooms are neat and clean as well. The beach area is very nice with tables and lounge chairs for your convenience. I would highly recommend this restaurant and its very friendless staff.

1  Thank Clare P
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Good food, fair value. Seafood was fresh and tasty. Dinner and drinks about $60 USD. Friendly staff.

1  Thank DawnyKnott