“Such a find!”

Ranked #1 of 181 Restaurants in Bucerias
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Reservación only by phone.......Thank you!!! Reservaciones solo por telefono!!!! V.I.P. Very Italian People
Reviewed March 19, 2013

A small, quaint little place that packs a punch with their food! Pasta and all sauces from scratch! Wonderful wine list! Family owned and operated! Will definitely go back year after year! Our best Italian dinner while in Mexico!

1  Thank NeenerB

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Neighborhood restaurant. Authentic Italian food. Service is excellent. Atmosphere is friendly.
Thoroughly enjoyed our dinner. Have also planned a luncheon for 30 through their catering service.
It arrived fresh, delicious and was enjoyed by everyone. A "jewel" in the heart of Bucerias!!

Reviewed March 13, 2013

We were really in the mood for Italian and had high hopes for this place given all the positive reviews; however, we were really disappointed. First the positives: The bruschetta was really quite good--excellent, actually, as was my Negroni. Also, the service was very friendly (but slow). Now, the not so good: The decore is very much hole in the wall and the food was just plain bland--all of it (besides the bruschetta). We ordered a pizza for the kids, which was just blah (when adults and kids all agree a pizza stinks, you know there is something wrong). My wife had had fettuccini with shrimp and pink sauce, which was also bland (the shrimp was pretty good though). But the most confounding was my dish, which was gnocchi with gorgonzola sauce and also very bland and greasy (how can anything with gorgonzola be bland?!?). We had a Nutella pizza for desert, which was fine, but it's pretty hard to screw up Nutella.

This place was packed when we went, so they must be doing something right, but we'll head to Mezzogiorno the next time we want Italian in Bucerias.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Went here our first evening in Bucerias and had a very enjoyable time. Welcoming staff followed by friendly Italian son of the owner. Impressed that he knows his wine and proper way to serve it. But of course, since he's from Italy. Bruschetta, on the house, arrived and was tasty. Two bottles of wine, 4 dinners, 2 desserts and on the house limoncello and our bill was $1800 pesos including tip. So about $80 plus per couple. Dinners consisted of lasagna, 3 homemade pasta dishes which everyone really enjoyed. Tiramisu and strawberry streudel for dessert. Both great! We're in Bucerias for another 9 days so we do plan on returning.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was our 5th month long trip to Bucerias. This is certainly one of our favorites. It is authentic Italian food. The owners are from Italy. They run it with their son and his wife (from Mexico). The son and wife speak fluent English which is a huge help as do the other wait staff who all work very hard to give you an excellent dining experience.

You have to love AUTHENTIC Italian because that is what they serve (I noticed some one complained about the toppings on the pizza, they are quality but not heaped on like you find in NA, if you want NA pizza, order it at home). You can get commercially made pasta here (why?) or the homemade pasta which is divine. I am a sauce person and totally love the sauces they use. You pick the pasta you want and the sauce you want to go on top. If you get the homemade ravioli, you get 6 large squares, but it is quite filling and so delicious.

In the high season, you need to get to this restaurant early as it is a small place. One night we went at 7:30 hoping some people would have finished and left but the restaurant was still full. We waited, and by the time we sat down, they were out of ravioli so I had the fettuccine with gorgonzola, mushrooms, and pecans white sauce. I am not a big pasta eater because I feel like a blob after eating it, but I don't feel that way after eating this pasta. It is because it is properly made, very thin, light and tasty. I am really all about the sauce and they do not disappoint. There was ample sauce for me (in Italy, I always found that I never had enough sauce, so I am really happy here). One night we had their pizza which we also really enjoyed. Nice flavors, thin crust.

It is reasonably priced for being all fresh and homemade and generous portions. I believe the average price is around 140 pesos for pasta or pizza. I also love the complimentary limoncello that they usually serve at the end of the meal. Their tiramisu is awesome! As a returning guest, on my birthday they brought out a complimentary piece with a candle and that made the evening extra special. It is NOT a deterrent to us, but I will mention that there really isn’t any ambience, just tables in a basic room which can get quite loud because it is always so full with happy diners. We don’t notice because the service and food is so AWESOME! You will find this restaurant by going north on the main road (not the beachfront road) of Bucerias town centre, turning right when you see the outdoor Rim taco stand on your left and going up towards the main highway about ½ block.