“Closed for the Season”
Review of Los Arroyos Verdes

Los Arroyos Verdes
Reviewed November 20, 2012

My friends from Punta de Mita, Jeff and Abdon, who happen to own Cafe Como No, took me for a spin outside Bucerias one afternoon, and they remembered having stopped at Los Arroyos Verdes in the past, so they thought it would be a good destination and a treat for me to see. Well, it was.

Unfortunate for us we arrived in late October and found Los Arroyos Verdes closed; but we did get an invitation at gate to come in anyway, so we did.

We all know how we see first impressions, right? It is that first impression that either is inviting or suspect. Well, I'm here to tell you that my first impression was. Shall I just be succinct about it? Okay, how's "Wow?" Good enough?

We were escorted throughout the grounds and I was awe struck at the serenity I felt. As I walked around manicured lawns, and experienced the visual tastes, such as the array of palms and other trees, florals; even a baby Iguana that seemed to be painted in lime green, neon. As I paused in front of the restaurant, looking out to the pool beyond, I closed my eyes and imagined how it might be filled with guests, an evening with soft lights and music. Can I say it again? Wow.

The bungalows are well designed and furnished, with the piece de resistance among them all, an Airstream hide-away, tucked quietly toward the back and off the beaten track; or even the bungalows across the foot bridge. Truly a spectacular, reserved enclave where one can kick off their shoes, sit back and let the world go by.

Los Arroyos Verdes is a writer's haven, a honeymoon delight; or just a place to call home for a little while. An oasis indeed, a little piece of heaven tucked away and out of sight; and for the guests, out of mind. Next time I go, I will make reservations, when the open sign is well lit.

G

Room Tip: Pick any room and you won't be disappointed; and if you are adventurous, change them often so yo...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank George M

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We stay in LAV for the month of January every year...it is truly a gem! Quiet, peaceful, beautiful gardens and wonderful accommodations. The pool area is gorgeous and we love to spend our days lounging in around it with a good book! We only wish we could spend more than a month as we are treated like family by the staff!! ( They even bought me a birthday cake last year!! ) We return home each year with our reservation already made to return!!

Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2012

Everything there is non-toxic. The first thing that hits you are the impeccable grounds and flowering plants and trees. Then, you get to the restaurant, which is just right. The menu is so good, but the food is even better. You will be amazed that the prices are so reasonable. Right off the restaurant is an enormous pool with a central pavilion. No chlorine. Lovely. Amazingly wonderful. Something not to be missed. So, don't miss out on this place. They have weekly and monthly rentals as well. Never have I heard a renter there unhappy at all that they chose this place.

Room Tip: Just talk with Lupe, who owns the place. She is such a wonderful lady and only wants people to be ha...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lorrainesails
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Every detail of Los Arroyos Verdes is perfection. What a wonderful place to spend your vacation or just drop by for a Sunday pool party.
Anne Milling

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank atmilling
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Lupe Dipp has designed an incredible resort...from the beautiful individual casitas - to the fantastic olympic size swimming pool - to the wonderful restaurants.
Lupe is an architect and has built an amazing eco-friendly resort.

The resort is in the adorable town of Bucerias, Mexico. But Lupe has thought of everything and her shuttle service takes her guests to the town center or anywhere else you want to visit.

One of my favorites events at Los Arroyos Verdes is Pool Day on Sunday. You can spend the day by the fabulous pool and dine poolside on the chef's specialities...The best way to spend a Sunday or any day....

Los Arroyos Verdes is truly paradise...

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nancy s
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Guadalupe Dipp, a registered architect has brought an eclectic atmosphere to Hotel lifestyle. Unique, yet comfortable and food to die for. Of the beaten path but her vans shuttle you to just about everywhere you want to go. If the ocean isn't your desire this is the perfect spot. The rooms are really individual casitas and all different the pool? Well that is a whole different approach to swimming, dining and entertaining.
Lupe's staff is well trained, speak English and will join in the fun with you. Try it, and like so many others book it again and again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I live in Puerto Vallarta in the winter, I have been to and seen numerous resort locations throughout the world and Los Arroyos Verdes (LAV) is simply my favorite. When I am in Vallarta I go to LAV for peace and quiet, great food, amazing plant life and gardens, plus the pool is simply one of the nicest in the world.
Whether you want a quiet get-away or a place to be with others LAV has it all.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Todd W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bucerias
Villa del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit
Refugio del Mar
Refugio del Mar
#1 of 23 in Bucerias
Royal Decameron Complex

Been to Los Arroyos Verdes? Share your experiences!