“Great Atmosphere and Food”
Review of Karen's Place

Karen's Place
Ranked #4 of 180 Restaurants in Bucerias
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We had dinner here 3 times on our 2 week trip. Salad with Shrimp was outstanding large shrimp and lots of them. Best I've had in a long time. Tried the Mahi special 2 times both were good. Also tried Baby back ribs they were the best. Dinner for 2 was $35-$40 no alcohol. Sergio our waiter was very personable and friendly. The owner Karen was always there with friendly smile and ready to please you. Don't miss it!

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Friends wanted to dine at Karen's for their last night in Bucerias, so I went online and checked out the menu and used the link provided on their website to make a reservation. The e-mail request bounced back to me ("connection refused") so it is probably better to rely on the phone for reservations. I called and reserved a table for 4 at the front patio right on the beach.

On arrival, we were shown to a lovely table and had a few moments with Karen, who is a very gracious hostess.

We enjoyed the "Ensalada Lebanese" - a tower of roasted beets and goat cheese, and a coconut shrimp appetizer with asparagus was delivered to the table - the result of a mix-up somewhere, as our companion had actually ordered the stuffed mushrooms...we suspect something was lost in our mis-pronunciation of "champinones" (mushrooms) and got translated to "camarones" (shrimp). But, our companions saw no need to correct the mistake as the coconut shrimp served was very tasty.

Our entrees were hot and flavorful. The parmesan crusted fish was excellent and a very large serving. The Pesto Pasta and Chicken Riviera were pronounced delicious, and the ribs were also good (but only a half rack is served).

The wine list is extensive and very reasonably priced. And, finally, if you pay cash, your bill is reduced by 10%.

We're glad we finally made it to Karen's and enjoyed our evening there very much!

1  Thank Bucerias_Homeowner
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I just tried the Tripadvisor "best breakfast" in Bucerias. Yes, the food was great, but sorry, Karen's wins in atmosphere, view, and ties on food. So, we are not sorry we experimented, but will soon be coming back home to Karen's.

karen b, Owner at Karen's Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Im so glad we are still one of your favourites , thankyou and look forward to seeing you on your next visit Happy Holidays from all at Karens

Reviewed December 5, 2013

I would give a thumbs up for breakfast ,lunch and dinner at Karen's , but dinner for sure the best meal ever had in Mexico , Real quality ,great service and nice romantic outdoor patio. We will always frequent Karens Place whenever in town!

Thankyou for such a wonderful review, and Im glad you enjoyed the romance of our patio in the evening , hope to see you on you next trip Happy Holidays from all at Karens

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Dec.3/13 we were looking forward to again eating at Karen's on our return Nuevo Vallarta. We started of with excellent service and drinks from Alex at Karen's happy hour bar but dinner at the restaurant was disappointing. The red wine served to us was luke warm and small portion. The Caesar salad appetizer was tasty and nicely presented but not adequately chilled. We waited over 40 minutes to be served our entrée despite only one other couple in the restaurant. It was only as a result of the hostess checking to see if everything was alright that the food delivery seemed to speed up . While my wife was happy with her scampi dish my chicken dish was luke warm with only a small portion of pasta to accompany the satisfactory portion of chicken. They were apologetic and tried to make amends by offering us a free glass of wine or desert which we declined. we will not return or recommend this restaurant again to friends travelling to Bucerias. Murray Clare, Coquitlam, B. C.

karen b, Owner at Karen's Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

I am so dissapointed, that nothing seemed to go well with your experience at my restuarant , On my arrival the hostess explained what had happened and I must apologise that I was not there to keep everything up to the standard you have experienced before , I have called a staff meeting this evening to run through each of your comments ,,, thankyou