“Picturesque Setting Boosts Rating”
Review of MEZZOGIORNO

MEZZOGIORNO
Ranked #10 of 183 Restaurants in Bucerias
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Informal with good taste. Little history about mezzogiorno, aka, mezzaluna, aka, Buona Vita. In 1992, we open our first restaurant, a small 8 tables in hermosa beach, ca. Expanding to west hollywood, ca, park city and provo, utah, in mexico, we opened as mezzaluna in 2000, downtown vallarta and in 2006 Mezzogiorno in Bucerias. MEZZOGIORNO WILL BE CLOSED FOR VACATION FOM SEPTEMBER 17TH THOUGH OCTOBER 9TH, 2017
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Mezzogiorno has a pretty spot on the beach. I would recommend scheduling dinner at sunset for maximum effect. The restaurant has a more contemporary, slightly upscale American feel to it compared to many beachside restaurants we visited on the Bay of Banderas. The waitstaff was pleasant, although not overly friendly and seemed somewhat preoccupied with other tables. The food was good, not great. The menu has a lot of items to choose from. Based on other reviews, I expected fabulous spaghetti and meatballs. I found the meatballs dry and plain--they tasted like ground beef with some garlic. The mixed green salad was simple but tasty. Other family members enjoyed fettuccine Alfredo and penne quatro formaggio. If you enjoy rich dishes like those, they would be a good option. The prices for pasta seemed fair given the location, the vibe of the restaurant, and quantity of food. All-in-all, I would go back.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

You just can't go wrong here. Service, food and wine are terrific! Bruschetta is amazing! Call ahead during peak season, it will not disappoint!!

1  Thank PMN17
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Enjoyed a fabulous dining experience on unusually rainy night.... Service was excellent. Food was excellent. Calamari was friti in a heavier batter than usually see in places the uniqueness made it good. The Mahi Mahi prep was simple, delicious and very healthy. My son loved the lasagna which I tried and agreed. The wine list is well priced and has some of the best options around. We had a great Malbec (can't recall name).

Have been to Mezzo many times and had a service issue a year ago on one of their busy nights but would have to honestly say they are back on top as our #1 Fav in Bucerias.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Service, food, and atmosphere are the best in Bucerias! We have been numerous times and always impressed, the lasagna is incredible although you really can't go wrong with any dish!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I don't know why we were in Bucerias for so long and kept walking past this restaurant. It was a dumb decision. Mezzogiorno was always so popular, and I am usually not a fan of super popular restaurants. Then, I ate at Mezzogiorno. They don't even need the tables that are right on the beach. They could do a smashing business just based on their food and service alone. This restaurant rocks! The service staff is excellent. The polenta is to die for. The mousse had me returning in two days for more. I will eat here every time we come to Bucerias because the food and the staff are so good! Yum!