“The Best Fajitas in Puerto Vallarta Area”

Famar Restaurant Bar
Ranked #44 of 189 Restaurants in Bucerias
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 29, 2012

A lovely family owned business. Very clean with good service and reasonable prices not to mention huge drinks which they let you try and are more then willing to top them up with more alcohol if desired. The BEST part are their flaming Famar Special Fajitas. We have been going to this area for the last 12 years and the fajitas are the best we have ever had. Very family oriented so bring the kids and order the best fajitas you will find in the area. We always share one because they have shrimp, chicken and beef and are very filling but you can always order whatever meat you like and another if you are still hungry. This is a must try.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Six of went for supper and we were extremely pleased. A wonderful greeting from our waitress when we arrived and right away we felt comfortable. I had one of their margaritas and it was great, she came along and topped it with more tequila!! Many had the garlic fish, which was red snapper tonight and everyone was pleased. Two of us had the chicken fajitas it was very tasty. The waitress spoke incredible English and was very attentive. Would highly recommend this place, we will definitely be going back before we leave in a couple of weeks!!

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We go hear every year we travel to the Purerto Vallarta area. The restaurant is neat, the staff is very friendly and the food is very good. Check out this hidden gem.

Reviewed February 4, 2012

Have been to the famed Farma many times over the year and it Famar was always great......BUT no longer!! The pricing has gone up considerably and the food quality has gone way down....sorry to say I will not return.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Since 1986, they are open 9am-9pm for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Their building is orange, and if you asked me where it is located I would tell you it's somewhere about half way between the central plaza and church (to the North) and the Royal Decameron (to the South), off the Eastern side of MX200, they are at the lights at Avenida Estaciones.

From the main road you walk into the place, then walk towards the back of the building, this is where the actual restaurant and tables are-- that could be a bit confusing at first, until you're there. There is a bit of signage pointing the way. If you opt for driving in, you come in from the road to the back of the place and enter that way.

The food is moderately priced for gringo food, a bit overpriced for Mexican food (I noticed beers were a bit higher than surrounding restaurants) but then they cater to the tamer American and Canadian palettes. I found the food a bit bland to the taste actually and had to order a extra spicy salsa, insisting I wanted something more picante, and after a few minutes they delivered what I needed to bring the life back into the food, so that was fine with me.

A pleasant place to eat, really, they have some interesting decor, the wait staff is nice with fairly good English comprehension.

The front page of the menu is a selection of burgers and you'll find American-style diner food as well some basic Mexican style plates like what you would expect to order at an American shopping mall, nothing too crazy, just comfort foods. I went in thinking they would have good tacos and, you know, more truly Mexican stuff a la carte.. There is a definite theme of 'plate full of food' here, so if you are looking to sit at the bar and snack on tapas or munchies, this isn't the place. If you want a cookie-cutter plate of food with beans and rice or what-not, you're good.

A lot of people really love this place and swear it's great, me personally I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not bad, just not a truly memorable experience, and the prices (for what you are getting and where they are located) could be a wee better.

Since the sign on the wall said bar, I looked for the bar, but somehow missed it both visits I went in. Perhaps I simply walked by without realizing where it was, but the place wasn't so busy, and I gather if the food is that great, they would be packed.

So I'd say don't go in there wanting a 'wow' experience, but if you are in the area and need food, give them a chance to satisfy your hunger. I didn't see all the exotic animals people had mentioned here before, perhaps they are gone now or were stowed away somewhere, there was what looked like a squirrel trapped in a cage, though I gather it may have been someone's menu choice more than a pet.

The ambiance was a quiet place given the few people dining there, and probably good for families, there were a few well-behaved yet unsupervised kids mulling about, just an observation, yet I didn't see any obvious parental figures watching them. There was soft music playing though it may have been from the dress shop next door.