“Dont Miss this winery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of Villa Sant'Anna

Villa Sant'Anna
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Gulf Shores, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Dont Miss this winery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Group of 5 visited October 9 2013 and we all agreed that this was one of the highlights of our 3 weeks in Italy. The tour was great the tasting was great the hostesses were beyond great. This is not a tour of a sterile California type winery. Its a tour of of a winery where wine is nurtured, loved and careful produced. Dont miss this experience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH and the wine is to die for.

Visited October 2013

Wrentham, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“4 Donne Pazze in Italia”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The best wine tasting of the entire trip in Tuscany. Simona the 6th generation owner conducted the slow paced tasting and served an antipasto to compliment her elegant and reasonably priced wines. She clearly does not have to do her own wine tastings based on the size of her operation and bottles produced. It was the beginning of harvest and she had recently fallen and hurt herself and needed a cane but she took the time to educate us on how to drink wine. She is as elegant as her wines.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank 4DonnePazzeinItalia
Chicago, Illinois
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“A truly special experience with fabulous wine. Do the Lunch!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After our trip, I made sure this would be my first review, as this activity was by far our favorite of our 2-week Italy excursion. We did the tour and tasting WITH lunch, and wow was it worth it (€30 each).
Simona (the owner) and her daughter Margherita were amazingly hospitable, showed and explained to us the entire wine production process, their cellars, and their awesome wine collection. This is a very intimate winery, and you come away feeling like you really know the winery and the owners. We did the Castello Banfi tour a day after this (largest winery), but it just couldn't compare to this very personal experience. Simona clearly is very passionate about her wine and goes above and beyond to make you feel welcome and included. I can't say enough great things about meeting Simona and Margherita. They were fantastic.

After the tour we had lots of bruschetta and tasted full glasses of their base Chianti. I thought this would be all. Then they took us inside where they had a full table set up for us 3 couples, Simona, and her daughter, where we enjoyed an amazing Tuscan 4-course lunch with an abundance of wine pairings that went right up the hitting list from their Rosso di Montepulciano to their Nobile di Montepulciano and finally to their coveted "Poldo" Nobile di Montepulciano (their special selection Nobile). This lunch was an absolutely unforgettable experience. Our tour started at 11:30am and we didn't start heading out until 3:30pm, with almost running out of time to actually order wine from them! I met some people who said they also did just the tasting and tour, which was free, so that would be another great option if you don't want to spend the extra money or time, and I heard their tastings were very generous portions (the lunch includes basically endless glasses of wine, which made my drive back to the villa interesting).

Their wines are extremely delicious and very affordable compared to other Montepulciano's (€8 Rosso, €15 Nobile, €23 "Poldo" Nobile). Shipping, as always, is expensive (averaged €9-10 per bottle), so I would recommend buying a bunch on site and checking it in your luggage or even considering getting an extra piece of luggage just for wines.

Do yourself a favor and visit this winery. It is such a great experience.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank StompyChi
Philadelphia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Truly special experience”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

My husband and 2 sons (age 11 and 13) spent a day touring 3 different wineries in June 2013, arranged for by our great driver Simone who picked us up from our lovely hotel in Cortona (Relais Le Corte dei Papi). I enjoyed Villa Sant'Anna the most because the owner Simona was truly welcoming and gracious. LIke previous reviewers, I felt that she really took the time to explain the process of winemaking and clearly demonstrated true passion in her craft. Our wine tasting was extremely enjoyable and she also made our sons feel so welcome. We purchased 2 cases of her wine (all 4 types on offer, our favorite is the Poldo) and they arrived in Philadelphia safely and quickly. We have been enjoying the wines tremendously at home - very high quality and reasonable price (though of course shipping is pricey). Simona is a gem!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank EJK88
Hutto, Texas, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of a kind experience!”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

My mother and I recently returned from a 10-day vacation in Toscana & were fortunate enough to visit Villa Sant'Anna! Our gracious hostess, Simona led us through an amazing tour of the winery, telling us stories of how the wine is made, showing us her amazing cellars & hosting a very enjoyable tasting experience! The wines from Villa Sant'Anna are amazing, so much so that we ordered a case & we received it within 2 or so weeks! I'm enjoying my favorite Rosso di Montepulciano as we "speak"!!! Thank you to Simona & her family, and most importantly our wonderful hostess from Le Maribelle in Monticchiello, Barbara, for taking us to Villa Sant'Anna in the first place!! Amazing experience!!!!!!!

Visited April 2012