“Blissful place for animal lovers”
Review of Wallowing Heights

Wallowing Heights
Te Awamutu, New Zealand
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Blissful place for animal lovers”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

If you love animals - Wallowing Heights is THE place to go. I am getting on in years, but felt like a big kid visiting this fabulous place. I was able to hold a rabbit, puppy and kitten. Allowed to lead a miniature horse for a while and scratch the back of one enormous pig (didn't realise how big pigs grow and this one was not fully grown - will be going back in a couple of years to see the result of his great lifestyle !). The owners were wonderful and more than happy to give us plenty of time and knowledge of their caring of gorgeous creatures. If I lived near to Wallowing Heights I would certainly volunteer to help out with the animals. I am certainly going back one day for another great time with these lovely animals.

2 Thank NI_Travellers_12

WestCoast, NZ
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“A Treat of a Morning by Nicolas”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

I am 8 and my great aunt took me here. It was great fun riding on the miniature horse which was white. It was fun watching Drago, the dragon lizard poke out its tongue to grab its food. It was awesome driving the big, blue pedal car. The large, white, fluffy angora rabbit was soft when I patted it. It was funny when Peyton's wife called one of the big pigs "Fat Boy". Thank you to owners for giving the great tours.

3 Thank MayKayWestCoast_NZ
Wellington
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Fabulous small farm experience for kids”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I look my 6 and 4 year old boys and they loved it - and every day since they have asked to go back! It's small so doesn't take all day but has a great range of animals - rabbits, pigs, Draco the Dragon, miniature ponies and hens. Plus some great pedal cars that the kids loved. They also loved having a ride on one of the ponies. On a nice day take a picnic. The owners are super friendly and great with the kids.

1 Thank KiwiTraveller0
Wellington, Wellington, New Zealand
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Excellent Family Attraction”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stopped in with 4 children aged between 7 and 11, and all had a blast. Handling pigs, riding a minature pony, seeing flemish giant rabbits and much more. Really good prices, wonderful hosts and well priced (and tasty) lunch. A great place to take the kids.

Visited March 2013