“Pleasant dining experience at Kuripuni, Masterton”
Review of Curry Twist

Curry Twist
Ranked #10 of 43 Restaurants in Masterton
Cuisines: Indian
Wellington, New Zealand
“Pleasant dining experience at Kuripuni, Masterton”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Very pleasant atmosphere and helpful friendly waiter.Quick service and good quality meal. Comfortable furniture, one of the few places open on a Monday in Masterton

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank DavidK6454CX

Wellington, New Zealand
“Love their prawns”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have not eaten in at the Curry Twist - but I love their prawns. Both the Malabari and the Karahi and of course a Peshawari naan bread to finish. Open late - good service for takeaways I've had.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank John S
Wairarapa, New Zealand
“Superb Indian Indian food in the middle of Masterton”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My experiences with ethnic food in rural New Zealand have not been amazing.
And so I did not rush to eat at Curry Twist - even its' sign looks like the place will be a try at Indian done by locals. My experiences with OTHER Indian restaurants in Masterton to date have included a dingy upstairs restaurant with a stage and pole for evening dancing time. They're out of business now. And a newer one that is decent enough but after I got badly trimmed meat several times in a row, I stopped going. I did speak up, but it was blamed on the meat supplier.
And Thai food? Don't get me started... Green food colouring in the green curry chicken. Say no more!

So imagine my surprise when a colleague suggested we meet at Curry Twist, saying it was good.

And you know what? It was. It really, really was!
The decor is fresh and funky. They have two comfortable booths as well as numerous tables.
The service is prompt and friendly. The restrooms are new and clean.

And the food! It is fresh, delicious, exciting.
Their Goan Beef curry is out of this world.
I am over the moon that there is someone making Masala Dosai in the centre of Masterton; with samba and the requisite other sauces.
They serve both Kingfisher and Kingfisher Strong as well as other beers.
I haven't sampled the wine list, but the fact that they have Te Whare Ra on the display case speaks to more than a passing knowledge of wine.

Their lunch menu is serves Western sandwiches, etc; and is light on Indian. There is more than enough to satisfy, though; and I will keep on coming back with joy and glee. Thank you, Curry Twist!

• Visited November 2012