We stayed only one night as part of our NZ coach tour. As there were 3 of us (me+wife+daughter), we were allocated a two bedroom suite which was very spacious and well-furnished. Road noise was non-existent as this suite faced out from the rear of the hotel complex onto park-lands.
I can't comment on food as I was unwell due to some gastro virus going through the tour group, but I can certainly vouch for the comfort of the bed! Onsuite bathroom facilites were very clean and recently installed.
My only quibble would be that this suite was quite distant from the reception/bar/dining room facilities but at least the long walk was via carpeted corridors rather than outside.
I rate this as one of the top two hotels chosen by our two company for the trip, pipped only by a rival chain's hotel in Blenheim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park now holds a 4 Star Plus Qualmark rating and EnviroGold. Located in the heart of an internationally acclaimed wine region, the resort is set in 10 hectares of landscaped grounds & native bush on the outskirts of Masterton, Wairarapa's largest town. Nearby attractions include vineyards, Tui Brewery, Vintage Aviator Collection & PMB National Wildlife Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Copthorne Hotel & Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Copthorne Hotel And Resort Solway Park, Wairarapa
- Copthorne Hotel Masterton
- Masterton Solway Park