“Used to be different but now is the same”
Review of Ristorante Pepita

Ristorante Pepita
Ranked #2 of 43 Restaurants in La Thuile
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Pepita used to be a mexican restaurant offering something a bit different to all the other "valdaostan" restuarants in La Thuile - but it since the new owners took it over it is a slightly more upmarket version of most restaurants in La Thuile. Food is great, ambiance as I said slightly more upmarket, but then so are the prices.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Had booked based on the review's on trip advisor, but arrived and not sure how family friendly it would be ( kids are 6,10 and 13 ). 6 and 10 had the baby menu and said the hamburger was the best they had ever had, clearly made in house. the rest had fish duck and fillet, with the fillet being very good, worth going for. Service was a bit lack lustre, but OK, nothing different to the other places we ate in La Thuile

1  Thank chrisn1701
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Wow. What a Jekyll & Hyde place this turned out to be. Two visits, two completely contrasting experiences. Visited first time (as a family of 4) on New Years Day 2013 at 8:30pm. Had booked previously so we were seated immediately and drinks orders taken. Service was very friendly and efficient. Food was extremely good. About 130EUR for family of four (starters, mains, desserts, bottle of wine, soft drinks for kids) - thought this represented very good value for the quality of the food and the service (left a very good tip).

So based on this visit we booked the Pepita Cafe for our final evening in resort (6th Jan 2013) - however we found it dissappointing by compaison. Service was sullen and inefficient. Waitress got both our foor and drink orders wrong, but didn't appear to be bothered about sorting it out until we gently forced the issue. My order (fillet steak) was completely forgotten - my family had half-finished their meals by the time I managed to find her and tell her that my food had not yet arived. She said she had forgotten all about my steak, but would get one for me straight away - inevitably it wasn't right - I ordered a medium fillet but received a raw & fatty sirloin. Not impressed. No-one asked if we wanted more drinks or dessert, in fact we didn't see any staff at all again until we had to leave the table to find them and ask them for the bill so we could pay and leave (at which point they cleared the table). Maybe they were a bit embarrassed about forgetting all about my meal, but avoiding us for the remainder of the evening was not the way to remedy the situation (and also meant they did not make any wine, drinks or dessert sales from us). The forgotten order and poor service meant we left very dissappointed, especially after our first visit had been so good. Great first visit, poor second visit.....

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Went for my birthday in December 2012, and ended up going back the following day. Recommend the beef fillet. Great value for money, well worth the 5 minute walk

Reviewed December 31, 2012

We had a very nice dinner at La Pepita. Serve regional dishes. Good value for money and good service.