“Local not impressed”

Thyme For Food
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We ordered our eggs benny, I asked for my toast to be on the side as I do not like soggy toast - easy request. When our breakfast arrived, I had soggy toast, I asked the girl why, she said they were not allowed to serve MY MEAL AS I HAD REQUESTED. I went up to the counter and asked the owner why not, she said that was not how she wants the dish to come out, (apparently she said I don't care what she wants this is how she can have it) She was very frustrated when I complained to her directly, she complained that I wouldn't let her get a word in. She said that she would like THE CUSTOMERS to see her dishes, WELL LADY I AM A CUSTOMER, AND I JUST WANTED MY TOAST ON THE SIDE - NOT A BIGGIE IS IT? I asked for a refund, she told the girl to refund my money, but not my husbands or my sons as they are eating here, she even tried to dictate to my family where they should eat??? I looked at the husband and son, they were up and out, and I received my full refund! We then went to Taupo to BODY FUEL I asked for my toast on the side NOT A BIGGIE, and that is what I received. I'm a local, I will no longer be going to THYME FOR FOOD for a meal.

6  Thank Dondons386

Reviewed February 4, 2014

Stopped here for Breakfast. An enjoyable experience. Friendly staff. We had coffee and fresh muffins. Both very good. Outside seating and good service bringing the food out!

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

We popped in for breakfast as the Art Deco furnishings looked quiet inviting however the owner/manager was not. She was rude and totally unwilling to be in anyway flexible. Couldn't substitute poached for scrambled eggs, requested a side of hollandaise which didn't turn up and then she refused to provide it. I just don't understand what her issue was. Attitude was terrible and I got the distinct feeling she hated her job or life itself

Place was filled with signage telling u not to do things...which pretty much summed up the whole experience.

Visit at ur peril...her behaviour was hard to forget and going by the other comments made by reviewers she appears to be having more than just a bad day

5  Thank Andysreview1982
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Like stepping back into the 1960's formica tables and decor. I only had a cup of tea and a cheese scone, Highly recommend the scone it was cheesy. Loved the decor and atmosphere, thought the little golden books and puzzles on tables a nice touch. I found staff friendly and cafe clean.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I have just read some of the comments- and feel I must have visited another café than described by others. Clean, friendly service, yummy food and a great atmosphere. We loved it. My husband and I ( on holiday from the Netherlands) were returning to Hamilton after a 7 day tour of the lower part of the North Island. We were impressed with this café being surprised to find such an up to date modern establishment in Turangi. Well done.