“Okay” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating
Palmerston North, New Zealand
“Okay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

The pancakes were great and my boyfriend liked his Big Thyme Burger - it was enormous! The staff were ooookay and the atmosphere was average. The worst thing was looking under the salt shaker lid and seeing all the crap under there!!! Definitely not gourmet or high end but the food and coffee was alright.

• Visited June 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank catherinespiller

Rotorua
“I enjoyed it!..lol...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2012

Im reading a couple of the other reviews and thinking THANK GOD! I didnt have the manager (I think)...I had a pleseant time out in the Sunday morning sun!. The assistant took my family's order and were out in a reasonably prompt manner. Our hot drinks were out within 5 mins! and hot :) Our food was delicious and not a scrap of food was left on the plates and so filling. I think the food is midely over priced but I'd still go back :o) I pray to always have good service here x

• Visited May 2012
Tongariro National Park, New Zealand
“Worst service I ever received in a cafe, just terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

I have never had such bad service in a cafe. The manager, Rachel, was incredible grumpy and short. We felt like we were a huge inconvenience to her and ordered only coffee and cake instead of the lunch we were planning on having. On top of that a nice lady that was doing an interview about our stay in the Tongariro area told us she received a lot of complaints of other people about the service in this cafe. It should be fun going to a cafe, I will not return until there is a new manager.You cannot train great attitude.

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lara C
Wellington, New Zealand
“Lovely in the sunshine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

We recently spent a week in TUrangi and regularly used this cafe. It was the only cafe in the sunshine with alfresco dining. They have a very good cabinet selection of food plus food cooked to order. The coffee was also very good. It is probably the most popular cafe in Turangi when the sun is out.

• Visited April 2012
Sydney, Australia
“Simply the best toasted sandwiches on the planet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2012

Yeah, I know I haven't tried them all but you only need to try these to know you're tuckin in to somethin special. The coffee's good too. Nice people. Don't let the lack of style put you off.