“Very surprising quality of meal.”

Turangi Bridge Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 22 Restaurants in Turangi
Cuisines: New Zealand
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Turangi Bridge Bar and Restaurant offers a stylish and welcoming atmosphere for sampling mouth-watering New Zealand cuisine. A Turangi icon since 1931, our restaurant has a genuine history and ambience unlike anywhere else. The large open fire makes it the perfect spot for a cosy, lodge-style winter dinner. Or in summer, you can sit on the deck to enjoy a glass of wine and a view of the Tongariro river and New Zealand landscape. The restaurant is also available for hire as your New Zealand wedding venue, conference venue or function room. We can cater to groups of different sizes with our buffet or a la carte options - please talk to us about what you need and we'll make sure you and your guests have a memorable evening. Please take a look at our seasonal menu - we have something to suit everyone's needs or budget.
Bright, Australia
“Very surprising quality of meal.”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

A surprising range on offer & very good quality. Service was good and friendly and without being overdone. The Venison meal was tender & juicy and of ample amount. Very good for a slightly lower cost (those more on a budget but want quality). Again very surprising.

• Visited March 2014

Athens, Greece
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a late dinner with my wife here after completing the alpine crossing.I took the soup of the day which was something amazing and then the lamb was the softest and the tastiest I have eaten. My wife ate the local fish wich was also very good. I highly recommend the place.Prices are NZ standard.

Visited January 2014
Rice Lake, Wisconsin
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

We had a delicious meal from the daily specials, including pavlova - a dessert you should not leave New Zealand without trying.

Visited March 2014
Oregon
“Great food!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We ate here based on recommendations from our motel host and the I-site. I had the steak sandwich and my husband had the Thai noodle salad. Both were excellent! The service was prompt, e food well-presented, and the staff were very polite and friendly. We sat outside near the river and relaxed after a long day of driving. We highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited March 2014
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Very good food & excellent service”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

A large group of us stayed in Turangi last weekend. After reading Trip Advisor we opted to try the Bridge Motel Restaurant. When I phoned and made the booking, Lyn was extremely friendly and helpful. When we had to phone up and reduce our numbers at short notice there were no grumblings or complaints. In fact I was thanked for letting them know in advance. When we arrived every staff member was fantastically friendly - in a natural sort of way- and very helpful. I couldn't fault the food. A little pricey for what I would normally pay, but the food was excellent, portion size generous and 10 large meals came out within seconds of each other. I haven't seen steak portions that size for a long time. I was lucky in that their Hokey-Pokey Sundae was new on the menu that night and it was simple but delicious. I haven't had home-made hokey-pokey in about 30 years! Everyone in our group loved their meal and everyone left well satisfied. Definitely well worth a visit if you are staying in this area.

• Visited January 2014