All reviewsbar and restaurantgames roomfriendly baron site restaurantcold beerswimming poolsky channelsstay there againclean roomstongariro national parkgreat place to stayhalf waycomfortable bedpetrol stationfriendly hostsconvenient locationone night stay
Reviewed December 3, 2017

Central Turangi with extensive wooded grounds. Quiet, comfortable and very well equipped rooms and extras - barbecue picnic spots available in the grounds and spa baths. It rained on our Tongarino Crossing and we got soaked, but the lodge has an equipment drying room so everything was dry in a couple of hours. Bar and restaurant available on site from 6pm to 9pm so you can get a cold beer or a cooked meal. Because of the 9pm closing and the clear no noise after 9pm policy the site was very quiet and peaceful and with large comfortable beds we got excellent nights sleep. Craig and Angela are very welcoming and helpful owners who really bothered to look after us. As an extra bonus Craig has a cracking collection of Islay single malts behind the bar. We will have no hesitation in staying again.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 22, 2017

Staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and warm. You park your car right in front of your room and the lighting outside also made me feel safe as a solo traveler. The kitchenette also is fully equipped with dishes, microwave, fridge, coffee and hot water kettle. My kettle was broken, but I didn't need it.

The only item to consider is that the walls are very thin and I could hear my neighbors next door and apparently they could hear me. They got mad that I had my A/C fan on and banged on my wall in anger to get me to turn it off. I didn't realize it was audible in their room, but once I turned it off they applauded. It was a little off-putting but the room temp was comfortable enough without it so it was fine. They were not intentionally being loud, but just regular movement, talking and regular TV volume can be heard through the walls. My suggestion to management would be to space out the room occupants if vacancy allows for that in order to mitigate the noise issue.

The location is very ideal if you're staying in Turangi. It's close to hiking trails and rafting companies. There is a nice grocery store across the street.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed November 16, 2017

Been staying here for many years especially for trout fishing and the many other attractions in the area.The always friendly cheerful staff,comfortable beds,clean rooms,swimming pool,spa,barbeque area and the onsite restaurant all make our stay enjoyable.After a busy day it's so nice to return to the motel.A drink at the bar and a cheerfull chat,then into the restaurant for a delicious well priced meal.The motel is well priced in a convenient location Turangi shopping area is right opposite.

• Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Great location - good fair price - very clean and tidy - lots of parking - lots of outdoor play area. We booked a double with two singles for the family - lots of room and on site restaurant - polite staff

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed October 29, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 days while on business. Online booking process was quick and efficient. Easy as check in process with a warm and friendly welcome. Room was tidy and ideal for me. Nice restaurant and bar on site... enjoyed all meals... TBone was massive. I will be back.....

Stayed: October 2017, traveled on business