“Great, but not a place to bring young kids”

Lakeland House Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 24 Restaurants in Turangi
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This was a fantastic fine dining restaurant with well trained, friendly and professional staff and divine food.

Our problem was that it had been recommended to us by the Turangi i-site as a "family friendly" restaurant, so we turned up with 4 young kids and 2 babies. Not ideal for those around us! (We ended up moving outside so everyone was happy)

The staff handled this difficult situation well and we absolutely couldn't fault the place.

A little on the pricy side, but no more than expected for a 5-star dining experience.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

In my opinion I thought the food was a little over priced. The service was not consistent and a little lacking. The food tasted great but the order was wrong. I ordered snapper and got salmon and the ice chocolate drink was a massive don't...... I ordered an ice chocolate and got warm chocolate milk I a glass with a blob of ice cream? ???? It was however remade once I complained and yummy. Last but not least ther was an assortment of dipping bread and one dp offered was olive oil with a balsamic reduction does a couple of drops of balsamic reduction really count????? Anyway I would probably go back bt if it has not improved I would definitely give ut a xtra wide berth.

2  Thank Moana H
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were in a happy mood as I had just proposed to my girlfriend. The setting, the wine, and the food were perfect, I will be coming back soon, I highly recommend this Restaurant to anyone traveling close to Taupo / Turangi..... keep up the good work, see you again !!

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We had 2 visits, 1 excellent, where the food was well presented and tasted superb. The other was a bit disappointing where the chilli sauce was so over-powering, it spoilt the snapper. The staff were very friendly and obliging on both occasions. Would recommend to anyone.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

It's wonderful sitting so close to Lake Taupo, enjoying sunshine and a beautiful presented meal!
Great friendly service. Thanks a lot for making my day!