“Amazing, spectacular and professional!”

Rafting New Zealand
$141.11*
Extreme Wairoa River Grade 5 Rafting
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Turangi
More attraction details
Owner description: Kia Ora and Welcome to Rafting New Zealand. A family run business established in 1991. We raft the best rivers, providing family fun rafting for ages 3 years and up all the way through to extreme whitewater action. With professional, fun, Kiwi guides, premier gear and facilities, Maori culture and an excellent safety record, book with us to experience the thrill of rafting, Aotearoa styles. Rafting NZ is NZ's most awarded rafting company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 12, 2014

What an amazing experience!

From the booking of our tour to the service with a smile on arrival, to the explanation and safety demo, and then the amazing rafting experience blew us away with the professional standard that we had with the company "rafting New Zealand" My child who had just turned 12 wanted to have this experience and Our rafting guide Jimmy was funny, full of knowledge and experience! I definitely would recommend him as a tour guide! He was professional in every way, safe, fun and extreme rafting! It was great to see that a rafting company has a uniform!! The hot choclate on the river made such a difference and the hot dog, hot showers and cd of our photos at the end was a great way to the trip! It you want Extreme, save, fun and professional to every detail, with all the staff having amazing customer service skills, to service with a smile, at a great price I would definately book!!!! Awesome!!!!

Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2014

Kia Ora - firstly thanks for rafting with us and then secondly for writing such a great review. What a pleasing message for me to receive as when you came rafting with us I was away on annual leave - so it is so great to hear that the RNZ TEAM still delivered such an awesome time in my absence - I will pass your sentiments onto the crew and of course Jimmy your guide - thanks again and hopefully see you again one day for another great rafting adventure, Nga Mihi, Luke.

Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

What should I else say than: book this! It was just great fun doing this. Our boot's Captian Jack did an awesome job getting us through the rafts while never stopping to have a big smile in his face. It seems, people working at RNZ really enjoy what they are doing ... and we did so either. I guess our next rafting tour will rather be grade 4 or 5 - however Turangi was a great place to start with. I can well understand why the lonely planet ranks this one so high.

All in all: we can fully recommend RNZ!

Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2014

Kia Ora - Thank you for leaving a review - great to hear that captain Jack gave you a great time. If you come back to NZ get in touch to organize a seat on our Extreme Day - Grade Five Rafting at its best! Take care, Nga Mihi, Luke.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Friendly, efficient leaders. Great rafting with warm clothes provided for the cold weather. would highly recommend this trip for anyone that likes a bit of action and great scenery.

Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Kia Ora Karen, Thank you for rafting with us and then for leaving a review - have a great winter and we hope to see you again one day for another river adventure, Nga Mihi, luke.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We did the half day rafting. Our ages ranged from 13 to 47 and we all absolutely loved it. Guides were great and a good level of adrenalin. We are keen to go back and do the full day grade 5!

Luke B, Owner at Rafting New Zealand, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Kia Ora - Thanks for bringing the family rafting - great to hear you all really loved the Tongariro White Water adventure - make sure you return next summer and take on our Grade 5 Day - it is AWESOME!!! until then take care - Luke.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Had a wonderful day yesterday on Grade 2 of the Mighty Tongariro River! My 5 year old daughter is a first time rafter. I felt that my daughters safety was of the utmost for the guides where I knew that I had nothing to worry about! She was initially stunned by the whole experience however by the end of the trip she has already planned to go rafting again! Wonderful guides & hosts! Thanks for great day!

Kia Ora Anahera, it was great to get yourself and Jada down the river last weekend - really enjoyed the trip. Thanks for leaving a review - Nga Mihi Luke.