“Disappointing”

Ranked #11 of 13 Restaurants in Te Kuiti
Hamilton, New Zealand
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We went to Tiffanys Cafe regularly for a long time, until about half a year ago we had a bitter disappointment.
The food used to bed excellent, but suddenly changed and was not what we were used to, sizes of the ingredients were reduced prices went up remarkelably and hospitality they never heard of. Taking the order seemed to much for the girl who helped us. It took a long time for the meals to be served.

• Visited January 2013

Melbourne
“Didn't even eat there the service was terrible to start with”
Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten at Tiffany's many times over the years of traveling through Te Kuiti so decided to stop here with my husband on our way to Auckland. He asked for a steak which at $28 is fairly expensive and asked what sauce he could have. The waitress ummed and ahhhed, huh...tomato? No pepper no mushroom not even gravy. Then I asked for kumara chips which was quite plainly written on the menu board. Um sorry we don't have kumara chips! So I said, why do you have it on the menu then if you don't have it? No answer to that question but she said instead... 'you can't get kumara chips anywhere in NZ!' What the? Considering I had them before I went to Te Kuiti and I have had them since, I'm not sure what this lie was about. We turned around and walked out and got a nice roast dinner for $12 a few doors down the street. Certainly not the place it used to be, just a price trap for unsuspecting travelers and bus tours.

• Visited April 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“It was okay.”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

There's surprisingly little option in Te Kuiti for having dinner out. This was it on the night of our arrival and so far as quality and choice go, I've had worse. But they certainly weren't busy so I guess we were lucky they were open at all.

Visited November 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
“Good country kai”
Reviewed December 1, 2011

I'm a regular at Tiffany's. I am a tour guide and take my customers for lunch regularly because the service and value for money are exceptional. Great toasted sandwiches if you want something smaller, the salads are fabulous and you can get a good kiwi pie, sausage roll and lamington. The kumara chips here are the best I have ever had. Great staff

Visited November 2011