“We are locals and its our favourite”
Review of Sands Cafe - CLOSED

Sands Cafe
Reviewed October 12, 2013

We used to own the café over the road from Sands and we always go to Sands for our breakfasts and coffee because it is the best in Whangamata. We originally bought the café over the road from the current owners of Sands so they have been in the business for a long time and know their stuff. Lunches are fabulous too. Well behaved dogs are also welcomed and given water.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm not a big breakfast person but I know what I like and I found that at Sands Cafe. The presentation was superb, service quick and there was enough space so you did'nt feel crowded and squashed in. The meal is self was fresh and beautifully presented and the coffee, scones and smoothies had on other occaisions to die for :)

1  Thank ShelleyRarotonga
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I've been here quite a few times and I must admit its worth a try! Staff are friendly and will help you if you need it without any fuss. The food is very good, and they've got a decent variety for a small town cafe! I tried one of the Menu salads (Chicken, Bacon, and Brie), and it was so good I had to go back and get it again the next day.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Good coffee and milkshakes. Food very poor, the fish was floating in oil and the chips were the same. Staff friendly.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This place was not startling but it was quite acceptable. The service was excellent, cheerful and prompt. Food was reasonable priced and well prepared. We had scrambled eggs and bacon with toast which could all have been a litle hotter but were generous amounts and tasty. The coffee was excellent as was the milkshake. Altogether a pleasant cafe that was well patronised on a fairly dismal day.