“Best eggs benny!”

Vibes Cafe
Ranked #20 of 30 Restaurants in Whangamata
Cuisines: Cafe, European, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: http://www.menumania.co.nz/restaurants/vibes-cafe
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best eggs benny!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

1st timer to the lovley Whangamata we drove down the main looking for a place to have brunch Vibes caught our eye. quick ordering & payment, found a sunny spot outside & 5 min later had the best eggs benny ive had placed infront of me. My latte was also good. My friend had the big brecky wich was a generious portion of man food with toast had to waddle to the beach i was soo full.

• Visited September 2013

Queenstown, Otago, New Zealand
“Service anyone?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

This restaurant/cafe looks inviting, boasts a brilliant menu, organic foods, gluton free, etc. etc. Unfortunately the service are a bunch of cool hipsters without a clue. I ordered a tea. It took 20 minutes! They move slowly, cannot bring themselves to double task, and take random breaks with nobody covering the espresso or bussing, etc. We tried again for dinner but they had a full house and were told the best they could do was seat us on the street in the rain, on already saturated chairs. It was unbelievable. We didn't stay. They did not even bother to offer us drinks and give an idea of the wait time, etc. in fact they seemed genuinely perplexed by the situation.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Margaret O
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Expensive muesli and fruit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Visited Vibes this morning for breakfast. My order was almond muesli with fruit and yoghurt, and a cup of coffee. Coffee was fine but the $13 muesli and fruit order was very overpriced. A small bowl of commercial muesli...maybe 2/3 of a cup, if that, a tablespoon of yogurt, no milk ( which was ok by me, but I have never had this meal served anywhere without being given the option), and a small glass of chopped fruit....mostly chopped apple, two rounds of banana, a chopped orange segment, few grapes and the remainder suspiciously commercial looking/ tinned or yesterday's tropical fruit.( I did find one almond in muesli)
Very average quality, very expensive portion allocation and a sad offering from a cafe in a prime tourist spot. No wonder the world travellers think NZ is so expensive. Middle of Sydney last month, same order, same price(adjusted) ...more that I could eat,custom made, muesli and fresh fruits, options of home made yoghurt, and 3/4 cup full plus milk. Wake up NZ, we need tourists to return here.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Itinerantfeedback
Brisbane, Australia
“Nice food, slow delivery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Food was nice - eventually. Don't come here if you're in a hurry or a lunch break. A plate of wedges took over 45 minutes to arrive (we eventually had to take it away in a doggy bag as we ran out of time). People at a neighbouring table were told their toasted sandwich would take 'another ten minutes'. What were they toasting it on? A torchbulb? Having said that, our waitress was lovely and went a long way to repairing the damage by offering us a chocolate brownie. So if you've plenty of time to people watch and enjoy some really nice food, fantastic. If you're pushed for time - well, maybe this is not the place for you.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Stormydog101
Thames, Waikato, New Zealand
“Great hot spot in town”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

Great food good people, awesome range of healthy eating. It has a vibe what can I say, great for young people to hang out. Bright indoors good flow to the outdoors. Got the healthy swing on good food. I felt happy with my meal size, I'll be back.