“Summer Burgers at Whangamata”
Review of Soul Burger

Soul Burger
Ranked #10 of 31 Restaurants in Whangamata
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Soulburger is a casual and relaxing gourmet burger bar with over twenty different burger options for you to choose from. We cater for gluten free needs, lil people burgers and vegan eaters too. We hand make all our patties including our vegan patties and create most of our sauces from scratch, in-house. Even our super yummy chippies are seasoned with our secret spices. We're a small restaurant and work hard to maintain an extra high level of quality, high standard of service and work fast to get you your burgers as quick as we can grill them. We offer cold beers, wines and liquor drinks if you like to wash your burgers and fries down with a frosty beverage. Afterwards you can see the sights, Whangamata is a famous surf beach and is an easy stroll to the sandy shores to see the action in the water, or just get your toes sandy and walk off an awesome meal. Come visit us at Soulburger where our freindly staff will whip you up something to feed your soul.
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Yay! I'm vegan and gluten intolerant, so I had 3 burgers to pick from! We had a large order, so we phoned ahead and ordered off the internet. We had passed by the shop in the morning but they had run out of paper menus. We ordered take-out rather than trying to seat 14 people, and phoned ahead to order without problems. My burger was a little disappointing, I ordered a vegan vibe burger and it came with aioli (without me asking for it when the menu said it was optional, I thought that meant opting in not opting out), no avocado and no relish, so it was rather dry. I scraped the aioli off, and added tomato relish from home. If I'm paying $12+ for a burger I expect it to be pretty darned good, and it wasn't. The rest of the diners said their burgers were okay, and on par with Burger Fuel. I'd choose Burger Fuel any day.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Centrally located in the main street, we went there based on TA reviews and were not disappointed. A good menu to suit our varied tastes, excellent chips and well priced. A must-eat locale.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

We often visit Soul Burger when we are in Whagamata, the kids love the burgers and the atmosphere, always a treat

Reviewed September 24, 2012

great burgers, but on the spring Saturday evening it was so busy they were running out of things and forgetting my fries. Will return though.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

it was so yummy ... best burger in town
I ordered beef burger. Taste was good
i recommend to have this