Very pretty resort set in native forest. Rooms are individual chalets which are spacious, well-furnished and plush (if a little chilly). We were lucky enough to stay in one of the refurbished rooms and it was clean and well-equipped with a luxurious feel. Ample parking although areas of the resort are steep and vehicles cannot park near the chalet entrances - guests can however make use of a luggage shuttle service to take bags to their rooms. Service was friendly and helpful. Would recommend Pauanui as a great little place to explore the Coromandel region slightly off the beaten track, and this is a great place to stay whilst doing do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, New Zealand