I was pleasantly surprised this resort was walking distance to town and beach. Great location and lovely bush setting. Ate at restaurant on Saturday night and lamb was amazing. Decided to treat ourselves again during the week and were very disappointed. Definitely think we had a different chef and wait staff were also not as good. Dryer in room didn't work and light on path was broken. We stayed 5 nights and although I advised of the broken light and danger at night this was never fixed. The room/chalet was large and very comfortable and staff happy to drive us up the hill when it was raining. Great base for travelling around the peninsula but needs to ensure things are fixed when advised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, New Zealand