Beautiful setting. Rooms are quiet & relaxing. However, we had a couple that we knew next door, which was good as the rooms have an adjoining wall....we stayed in the Treehut Chalets, which were grouped in two units.
Cute balconies, clean & tidy rooms.
My only complaint was that we had to haul our own suitcases up to the room.....very steep stairs. Also, the car park is a bit of a walk from the rooms. I guess this is the 'cost' of a secluded hideaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort is located at Pauanui Beach on the Coromandel Peninsula, 2 hours drive south east of Auckland. This luxurious, secluded hideaway features 48 chalets set in 10 hectares of native bushland, an award winning restaurant, guest lounge and sun decks with views overlooking Pauanui and the Pacific Ocean. Facilities include a tennis court, swimming pool and the nearby beach has 3km of golden sand and renowned for surfing. There are many bush tracks to explore and array of activities in the Coromandel region. A ferry service operates to nearby Tairua, home to cafes and art galleries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Cancelon, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Hotel Pauanui
- Grand Mercure Puka Park Resort Pauanui, New Zealand