“Glorious setting, nice food”

Bluebiyou Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 27 Restaurants in Papamoa
Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bluebiyou provides a great friendly atmosphere with brunch/breakfast on the weekends. Open everyday for lunch,dinner and special occasions. Premium beer and a good wine list from the bar with pizzas and bar snack
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are fairly regular visitors at the Blue Biyou, as it is an easy drive from Rotorua. On a whim between Christmas and New Year, we decided to head over for a late lunch. We didn't have a reservation, but a fantastic table right on the deck was quickly organized for us. Bear in mind here that we are not regular enough customers that the maître d' recognized us, he just went out of his way to accommodate us in a busy restaurant. Service was prompt and pleasant. The food was, overall, very nice. I enjoyed my Cajun chicken open sandwich and coveted the roasted vege sandwich being eagerly devoured across from me. The only bum note was the dessert. I didn't enjoy my gateau at all, it was rather dry and flavorless. If you enjoy good food in a beautiful setting, this is just the spot for you.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have visited twice recently for lunch and have loved it both times. You would be hard pressed to find a better view in the Bay...overlooking the ocean . The decor is fresh and inviting plus the lunch meal prices aren't really any more expensive than some of the standard cafes in Papamoa. Food delicious, staff friendly.

1  Thank Luvakiwihol
Reviewed November 28, 2013

65th birthday celebration held in a large room with a view, and open to the ocean view. Finger food was great, but I think a couple of plates were put on a back table,, and we or they should have moved them around. I also feel when ordering, I would choose to have smaller plates and put a variety on each table they had there.

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

We arrived with no booking. Ordered meals and on their arrival I smelt corriader which I do not like they happily exchanged my meal for soup of the day very quickly saying they wanted us to be happy. You excelled thank you!

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We all ordered someting different and all 3 of us were delighted with the food and the service. And of course the lovely ocean view. Only thing that could be improved was that when we booked late in the afternoon in person, we stated that we were from the adjacent caravan park and no mention was made that if we were Top 10 members we could have had a 10% discount. It wasn't until later when we had time to read the guest information in our cabin that we found out,

1  Thank rosieterry