“Good for the price”
Review of Waterford House

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Katikati
Waterford House
Ranked #4 of 5 Katikati B&B and Inns
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Good for the price”
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I was very fortunate in that, when I visited Waterford House, I was the only guest. My bedroom would have shared a wet room with another guest room, if that room had been occupied ( maybe I didn't read the literature properly) and we would have shared a huge lounge. The accommodation was exceptionally clean ( if a little dated) and had the benefit of a microwave oven for the use of visitors. Breakfast was adequate. There was nothing remarkable, nor anything wrong with this B&B. I suppose that I was a little disappointed that the owners didn't offer to pick me up from the bus stop. I had told them that I was a solo female traveller ( of a certain age!) and I obviously had some luggage. Most B&B owners offer a lift if required. I would recommend this B&B to a family with a car. Then it would be great.

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Families
Business
Yorkshire
Reviewed March 20, 2011

We stayed at this B & B/motel two years ago, so were happy to come back again. The guest rooms are in the annexe, and the room we booked was large, with twin beds. There is a washbasin in the room, and next to it use of a wet floor shower/toilet room, which is shared with the other double bedoom. This might be off-putting for peole who need en-suite, but it was no problem to us. The shower room would be advantageous for peole who use wheelchairs, and the access to the annexe is flat ground. Therefore it would be suitable for families or two couples.
There is a large dining room/lounge with comfortable sofas, and TV etc. and breakfast is served here. There is also a microwave and crockery etc. and fridge, for people who wish to self cater, but there are plenty of eateries in Katikati. There is a door to a seating area outside which is very pleasant if you wish to eat in the garden. That being said, there is a river nearby, so beware of sandflies and midgies...
The owners are charming and helpful, and serve an excellent breakfast. They know the surrounding area very well and gave us useful information, as well as supplying guidebooks and leaflets. I left some clothing behind, and the owner kindly forwarded it on to a hotel where I was stayed later in my trip so I could pick it up. They refused payment for postage, so thumbs up for these lovely people!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple