COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,130
$855
$875
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$775
$747
Hotels.com
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$419
Hotwire.com
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$483
$365
Orbitz.com
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$308
$189
Grace Bay Club(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$1,700
$1,224
Villa del Mar(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$680
Hotels.com
Ocean Club West(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$549
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Providenciales)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsprivate islandspa menuplunge poolbeach villayoga and pilateswelcome centerkeith richardsa garden view roomminute boat ridespa treatmentsunderstated eleganceour honeymoonpool restaurantfour seasonswhisked awaymain buildingbbq night
FilterAll languages
Boston, MA
Reviewed December 18, 2005

Our honeymoon started out a bit late by a small delay in Charlotte, NC. But as it turned out, it was just perfect as we caught the boat to the island just as the sun was setting (See pics) for an amazing arrival to Parrot Cay. Transfers to and from ferry/airport went smooth and were good.

Upon our arrival the hotel manager greeted us and drove us up to check-in via golf cart. Our room was upgraded to an Ocean view and they were clean and beautiful (See pics of bed, bathroom, etc…) with amazing views of the island and beach. Our room had a four post bed with mosquito nets and a lovely veranda with a great sofa type couch to sit on. TV/DVD player which surprisingly was used to watch a few movies. A/C worked fine - plenty of clean towels. Also nice amenities bottled water, great smelling toiletries, well stocked mini-bar and fruit tray.

We had signed up for the inclusive deal package for breakfast and dinner, along with a free massage for the two of us at the Spa and an excursion trip too.

The breakfasts were great; eggs, French toast, omelets to order and gorgeous buffet of fresh and tasty fruits and cereals and bread. The wait staff every morning greeted us with smiles upon our arrival with choice sitting of inside or out. The staff is very efficient and ready to serve you promptly. Also waiting for us each morning was an 8-9 page copy of the New York Times.

Dinner there was two options; the Terrace Restaurant (Same location as breakfast) and the Lotus Restaurant - the Asian restaurant. The resort recommends making reservations for the place you choose to go, but we would recommend trying to view the menu for each in the afternoon before deciding; getting reservations was no problems. However, Lotus has a BBQ every Saturday night and we would recommend it for that night.

Meals at both places had generous portions. Desert was excellent, pictured is the baked Alaska we got one evening at Lotus.

The Spa was gorgeous. We arrived for our appointment early, about 30 minutes, changed into our robes and flip-flops. We would recommend arriving early since this enabled us to wait in the hot tub overlooking the other side of the island. After our couples massage, we walked around the spa area and had a nice cool glass of tea while soaking in the great view. After changing we signed out bill for tips and bought some products from the store.

For our excursion we choose the secluded lunch in our own villa. We ordered our meals the day before and walked over to a gorgeous table for two with couch and mosquito nets. I ordered Prawns and a sandwich and my wife had a salad, plenty of water was provided!

People mentioned it in their reviews about mosquitoes, but we didn’t have any issues with this at all. Many nights we would keep the veranda doors open late for the cool air to come in.

The only downside of the trip was check-out, but things were handled so smoothly and without problems or hassle. Our bill was incorrect, some items billed twice, etc… but it was no issue in correcting these mistakes.

Some side notes:

I would not recommend buying anything from the Spa, they turn down your room twice a day and give you free products in your room, stash those away for replenishment.

Drink plenty of water, each night we would get 2-4 waters and we would place them into the mini-bar to keep cool and to collect them.

There were a few families with kids, but not noticeable at all. The resort does a great job of making you feel like you are the only ones there.

Alcohol is expensive, about $15 for a glass of wine.

This was truly the first vacation that we both have gone on together and have wanted to stay longer. We would love to be able to come back again soon!

• Stayed: December 2005
24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2017

Reviewed December 1, 2005

Overall a really beautiful place and we had a great time. The beach and ocean are absolutely gorgeous.

Service: the service at both restaurants was outstanding, housekeeping was great and the beach/pool service great. but....the guest services, front desk and management could be alittle more attentive and friendlier attitudes.

Food: breakfast was great as was dinner at both restaurants, Just had lunch once. Portions were huge,especially sides and could have often shared rather than each have one. Atmosphere at lotus restaurant in evening was incredible. Of course cocktail were pricey but we knew that going in and didn't turn out to be toom much of issue.

Room: we were in 2, more later on that.
our first room was garden view and we loved the location, further away from main areas and had a great balcony. A/C worked fine - plenty of clean towels and bed was fine. Also nice amenities bottled water, great smelling toiletries, well stocked mini-bar and fruit tray. But.... somewhat noisy, staff is constantly on truck and golf carts zooming around and started very early in morning which was annoying and also when we were enjoying happy hour on our lovely balcony - distracting. Need to invest in electric vehicles. Rooms are by no means five-star luxury and bathrooms are somewhat dated.
2nd room: we awoke the 3rd morning to the very loud talking of an almost 2 yr old on balcony above us, around 6:45 am, followed by her running laps on the wooden deck with shoes on. We returned from breakfast and more of same. So we requested a move. We were accomodated (someone else had already complained) and moved to oceanview room which had great view but.... didn't like location near as much as first room, bathroom was much more worn than first room, a/c didn't work as well, and the room was somewhat fly invested. We killed at least 6 each day and could not figure where they came from. We never left anything open and did not have any in the other room.
I know they accommodated us fairly by giving a oceanview room(upgrade) but it still was an inconvience. By not having a "no children" rule at this resort I don't have too much room to complain but it would have been a nice gesture to get a bottle of wine/champagne or something as it was a pain and then room wasn't in a as good condition as our first and we weren't as happy. It was surprising to see some young children there as there is not much for children to do and dining is certainly not geared to that. From a noise perspective I feel children should only be allowed in villas. Frankly if the resort was full and we could not have been moved our trip would have been ruined.

Other facilities: We did not use spa but went to see it and it looked amazing. The library and computer access/free internet was great - there were 5 computers. Our bill was totally correct at checkout and checkout was a breeze-no issues.
Transfers to and from ferry/airport went smooth and were good. We loved the layout of resort and the view from "boardwalk" on way to beach and from the pool.
So the only somewhat negative was the room situation and everything else made up for it. Grounds were kept nice and beach cleaned daily. Again loved service on beach. It was very relaxing (except for child) and absolutely gorgeous/romantic. We especially enjoyed long walks on the great beach and view from pool. I will definitely plan to return but try to save enough $$ for villa to avoid the noise situation.

• Stayed: November 2005
21  Thank nanorran

Reviewed November 14, 2005

WOW! Just returned from five nights at Parrot Cay and I was totally blown away. I went in with somewhat low expectations - based on some of the reviews here and on what a friend had told me - but this resort exceeded my expectations and is my new favorite vacation location. Here is a rundown of the resort:

Beach - Amazing! Perfect turqoise water and powdery white sand. I went to hawaii earlier this year and this beach compared favorably to all of the beaches I visited in Maui and Kauai. They even have cold face towel service and ice pop service at the beach just like the four seasons.

Pool - Amazing! The most comfortable chaises I have ever sat on and the view out to the ocean from the infinity pool is breathtaking.

Food - Amazing again. I only had one meal that I thought was "so so" and that was at the Mediterranean restaurant. Lotus - the Asian restaurant was excellent and the couch like chairs were so comfortable I never wanted to leave the table. I highly recommend the Saturday bbq at Lotus - they grill tons of fresh seafood and I think they sometimes have a band, although they didn't when I was there. Breakfasts were also unbelievable - all you can eat and very healthy. I especially loved the freshly squeezed juices. They even have a great spa menu that you can order from at either of the restaurants. Alcohol is very very expensive here. If you need to have your tropical drinks by the pool, but you have a limited budget, this might not be the place for you. The lowest price bottle of wine was $60, but most bottles were in the $80-$120 range. I brought a bottle with me and they gave us a bottle of Moet with our package.

Spa - There are no words to describe. This was hands-down the best spa I have ever been to and I have been to some nice spas. The views are spectacular from the spa and I recommend booking your treatment at or around sunset to take advantage of them. I got the Lurlur Bath and reflexology - both therapists were topnotch and I would do both again.

Rooms - Beach chic. Four poster beds with mosquito nets and a lovely veranda with a great sofa type couch to sit on. This is not the four seasons though. If you want marble baths, plush furnishings and opulence - this may not be the best place for you. All of the bath products smell amazing and they provide you with service twice a day. My only complaint with the room was that the bed was a little hard.

Service - Terrific. This isn't the four seasons, but that being said everyone makes an effort to know your name and they bend over backwards to help you. Check in and check out could not have been smoother, and contrary to what others have complained about we did not have any problems with extra charges on our bill.

Activities - There is not much to do on this island, but this is exactly what makes this place wonderful. If you have to have lots of activities, don't go. If you want to bring children, this is probably not the resort for you. I think kids would have to be really really well behaved for this place, since there were almost none there and the ones that were there definitely stood out. If you just want to relax on the beach, read a book, eat great food and enjoy a wonderful spa, then go. They have a pretty good gym and I loved the yoga pavillion, although the classes were a bit challenging.

Mosquitos - This was the one major downfall of this place. People mentioned it in their reviews, but I don't think I truly appreciated how much of a nuisance they would be. They provide you with repellent but it is the very heavy kind. If you would rather something light, like Avon's skin so soft you might want to bring it with you.

Overall - go with someone you love or someone you love spending time with. If you need lots of action, gambling, nightlife, booze, shopping, opulence etc., then maybe you want to look elsewhere. If you are lucky you might even have a celebrity sighting or two, we did. I am already thinking of planning my next trip.

19  Thank beachbug

Boston
Reviewed October 19, 2005

My wife and I satyed here for our honeymoon. We stayed in room 801 which is near the main restaurant and was really great. It had a beautiful terrace overlooking the grounds and had a view of the ocean. This is a first floor room. The food is very good, asian/indonesian/fusion cuisine with french and american undertones. I highly reccomend the lotus restaurant, by the pool for lunch and the terrace restaurant for dinner. When asked if you want bottled water, you can save yourself some money by going with tap water instead which had lemon in it and was fine. We had room service the first night, which was great(Try the Prawns). We also went on three excursions that were nice. The reef fishing was a fun half day trip, the private picnic was very romantic and nice at the end of the island(Bring bug spray as the fly's can get annoying) and the snorkle trip was not woth it due to the choppiness of thw water.

There is a private pool along the road to the shambala spa that we used more than the main pool. It is a little smaller, but has a more private feel to it as well as locker rooms with hot tub, sauna, steam room and bathrooms with shower. This pool also looks out at the mangroves and other side of the ocean. There are also free yoga classes and a very nice gym.

The spa is a very beautiful and tranquil place, and my wife and I highly reccomend that you take advantage of a treatment. I had a mud efoliation followed by a massage, that left me feeling like I had just melted into nothingness. Plan this late in the day so you can enjoy the beach and pools.

The staff are really great and will be able to accomodate your every need. We would definitely return to this beautiful place.

• Stayed: February 2005
15  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

New York, New York
Reviewed October 4, 2005

My husband and I stayed at Parrot Cay for 4 nights in September. We are very picky about vacation spots since time away from home and work is few and far between. We were very nervous about staying somewhere where the website is very vague and nobody we knew could give us a first hand referral. To cover all bases we decided to book 4 nights at Parrot Cay and 4 nights at the Four Seasons in the Exumas. Right choice.

Overall we enjoyed Parrot Cay, but in comparison to the Four Seasons in Exuma...there is none.

The rooms were probably the biggest disappointment of all. We don't spend a lot of time in the room, but here we did all we could to stay out of the room. We booked an oceanview room as part of a three day package and then added on an additional night. The room was "cute", but when you looked closer and saw all the mold in the bathroom it was a total turn-off. The bathroom was small and moldy, definately not the palce to unwind and take a bath. The bed was so soft, we just rolled into the middle and considering the air hardly worked in the room, the last thing we wanted to do was touch each other. The beds are covered with a mosquito net, but that was no help at all. The mosquitos are all over the place!

I agree with other reviewers that the food is excellent! It was the best lobster I've ever had! The BBQ on Saturday was well worth it! Breakfest is very limited. Unfortunately I was bored with both restaurants by the 4th night. All beverages are way overpriced. They do not reccommend drinking the tap water, so if you want water you have to buy it with breakfest and dinner for $8 a bottle. A diet coke is $6. The wine list starts at $60. Any type of frutiy drink at the pool is $16. Just be prepared!
Also beware...there is this incessent bass pounding music morning, noon and night. It feels like you are at a night club any time you are in a restaurant or bar area.

The beach was by far one of the BEST beaches we have ever been too! It was really beautiful! The water is crystal clear! Just walking along the beach you see tons of bonefish and we even saw a stingray. We took wine down to beach a few time to watch the sunset!

The spa was just average for me. The treatment was excellent! The massage therapist was perfect and truly a specialist. The problem was the lockerroom, or lack there of. We were immediately taken to our treatment room right from the lobby. No changing into a robe or preparing for your teatment, just right to the room and when we were done we changed right back into our clothes, massage oil and all and then were we led out. On the way out I asked about a locker room and the attendent pointed to a door. Wrong question...I should have just gone back to the room to shower. The locker room was beautiful...if you overlooked the missing ceiling and horrible smell of mold and the attack of mosquitos. It felt like they were hiding the disrepair of the locker room instead of just telling us it was closed.

Overall the location was beautiful. I think we were expecting more based on the reputation of the resort and felt let down. It has so much potential, but it is just not there yet!

• Stayed: September 2005
40  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2017

good morning,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are currently closed (re opening November 2017) for a large investment programme including the re design of our Rooms and Suites.

best regards