“Can't wait to come back”

COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Parrot Cay
GreenLeadersSilver level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Can't wait to come back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014 via mobile

Spent our honeymoon here was just so amazing and tranquil.
Food was always stunning and presentation was top notch.
Staff where super friendly

Would recommend the afternoon tea.
Take running shoes / gym kit as there is a fantastic running trail and gym.

Simply can't wait to go back

• Stayed June 2013
TeddySWiryawan, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear RL1979,

Thank you for your review and your picture submission. Your picture on our pool is amazing; it captured a different angle that a lot of us didn’t realize.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your honeymoon and once again, congratulation.

Our staff and I will definitely look forward for your return on your anniversary.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

This is not the most luxurious resort we have ever stayed in but if your objective is pure relaxation then this is a big winner. The resort staff management and yes -- guests -- all support this ambiance of understated tranquility.

This starts with the trip from the airport to their private dock and then the motor boat ride over. Stunning and really sets the mood.

The beach is truly first rate. Powdered sugar soft, warm, shallow to 100 yards offshore and almost dead calm due to the reefs. Very kid friendly. View as it should be in the Caribbean (yes yes technically this is the Atlantic). Free activities at the beach are numerous and the attendants there are able and friendly. quite walkable as the property sprawls out over ~3 miles of stunning ocean frontage with tranquility only spoiled by some hulking shells of unfinished resorts not too nearby. Your Beach lounge will not be on top of your neighbor.

In fact the resort seemed quite empty to us which was surprising for week after Easter - spring break for much of NY and NJ.

Infinity pool near the beach is lovely.

View from the lanai of our "garden view" room (402 -- a keeper) was equally stunning. The room is simple for sure with Spanish tile, white wood beadboard walls and lovers, simple wood furniture and corian in the bathroom but frankly it all worked for us. It is quite fit for lounging with a long built in banqutte / daybed as well as one daybed outside next to table and chairs tailor made for al fresco breakfast for 2. Again, won't be in AD anytime soon but very functional and serene. few beefs: TV audio was atrocious (tried, and failed, to watch a film) and the bedside Bose iPod audio i coudnt get to work.

The food is pricey (thanks be we bought a meal package). And the drink prices are something To behold (11.50 for a Red Stripe). But the quality of our meals was sufficiently high we didn't think the prices were outrageous at least by NYC standards. In fact my wife and I noted that we dont think weve had a resort with more cosistently high food quality; both preparation and surprisingly ingredient freshness. Simply feel bad that other posters had different experiences. we liked both menu and ambiance at lotus better than terrace although as has been noted below terrace Breakfast buffet / a la carte was top notch. When I do again, I will stop at duty-free and stock up on wine and liquor. NB mark ups on wine were all over the map and seemed to have some inverse correlation to price E.g. Cristal was a relative bargain at $500 while Australian plonk was $70. PS Don't fear the Shambhala menu. We ordered off it several times and weren't disappointed.

One gripe is the grounds. For the coin (and mission of the place) one would expect inspirational gardening but it was quite wrote and cliche sadly, where it existed at all. In our "garden view" room If you foolishly looked down from your ocean view you would be treated to a barren hill of grass. The main service road along the resort spine as well as the approach to the spa were golden opportunities missed in my view. I'd encourage the GM to tour some of his competitors in the Islands and other tropical destinations and the gap will be apparent.

I also hope the property will become more green in the future - the sights, smells, and sounds of the massive diesel generators upon entry (you can only notice them on dock and near road to the spa) were a sad contrast so the (apparent) lack of solar panels / solar water heaters.

Kudos to staff too many to mention -- wait, bar and beach. Very much made you feel welcome and wanted without too much obsequity which we've had issues with at both Asian-owned and other island resorts.

Well done Parrot Cay. this was a his-and-hers romantic retreat but we're sure to return with the family!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TeddySWiryawan, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, May 3, 2014
Dear Pymv,

Thank you for your kind thorough review.

I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay on the overall and able to relaxed & have “a his-and-hers” romantic retreat as you expressed. We do appreciate your compliment on welcome/arrival experience, our beach, the infinity pool, our food quality, as well as our team members.

At the same time, thank you for your constructive feedback on couple of the downfall on our areas, I will be working with our team to work on improving these.

Our team and I are looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Providenciales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

Went there with my hubby on our one year anniversary and it was amazing! Lush, private and scenic. We felt sooooo relaxed that we didn't even want to leave our room. I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for some aaahh time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
TeddySWiryawan, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear ThePattyPlace,

Thank you for your review and your endorsement.

I’m pleased that you enjoyed your anniversary celebration with us and felt relaxed during your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back at Parrot Cay next year for your 2nd year anniversary.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Peaceful, quiet, relaxing are just a few adjectives to describe this beautiful getaway. Como has it all, if you want to be in quiet resort, no nightlife, tranquil spa and fantastic food, I highly recommend visiting Parrot Cay.

Room Tip: We stayed in a beach house which was perfect, but if you stay in the hotel section ask for the 2nd f...
2 Thank michs222
Dear michs222,

Thank you very much for your kind words and your recommendation, we are all very happy that you enjoyed your visit with us, and look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

I have travelled to the Caribbean many times but nothing could prepare me for the stunningly goregeous Parrot Cay by Como. The beach and the pool were beautiful, amazing and private. Our room was well prepared and offered the luxury one would expect at a hotel of this caliber. As my youngest is only 19 months, they had a crib, baby bathtub and a bottle warmer in the room ready for us. I did not request any of these item, but they just know how to take care of their guests. We met many families there and with the private ambiance and uncrowded space, it allowed you to get to know other guests very quickly.

As for the food, the breakfast was a buffet plus the abilty to order off the menu. Very nice. Ate at both restaurants which had delicious food, as well as the como shambhala menu (healthy) which was also very tasty and fresh. Participated in an excursion to Iguana Island and Sand Dollar huntng - again very curated and private as it was just my family. Yoga and pilates were presented for all levels, i'm experienced in both, but felt they did a good job of attending to the varying degrees of experience. The Spa was a sanctuary that you must visit. Buapan is a phenomenal masseuse. As for the staff, they remember your name and greet you everyday by name. My only con is that the kids menu was very expensive. My girls want to eat a hot dog for dinner. Not exactly my idea of a vacation dinner.

I am still on a high from the trip and of all the places I have ever been in my life, this is the ONE that i hope to revisit again.

Room Tip: We were in a como suite, which was perfect for me and my three young daughters: 8, 6 and 19 months.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank TCL2010
TeddySWiryawan, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear TCL2010,

Thank you for your kind review.

I’m pleased to hear that you and family enjoyed your stay with us and it’s great to hear that Parrot Cay entered ”the place to re-visit” on your personal’s list.

We look forward for your next visit to the Cay.

Warm Regards

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We got back last week from our five night Honeymoon in Parrot Cay! I want to provide a list of my pros/cons to give travelers an idea what to expect and what I found this resort to be all about.

First, we booked on AMEX and luckily booked in time for the $500 resort credit during our stay. We got a direct flight from Philadelphia which took only 3.5 hours and met at the airport by Parrot Cay Staff. We then the 25 minute boatride to Parrot Cay. I must say it was a nice touch to have the shuttle service take you to the air conditioned Parrot Cay dock with coronas and snacks… really set the a good first impression. Once we arrived, we were taken by golf carts to front desk and greeted by a manager who took us to our room and welcomed us with a rum punch.

Pros: Breakfast was included and was GREAT! Fresh smoothies, juices, pastries, amazing fruit and quiches. Also, a hot menu to order off of with delicious options. The staff was lovely and helpful!! The beach is out of this world… soft, silky sand and great service on the beach. The hotels and chairs are comfy and provide relaxation & great shade… and a wonderful variety of activities (sailing, kayaking, kite surfing, surfing, paddle boarding, etc). A great beach to get take walks and find shells. Again the most gorgeous beach and beautiful water I have ever seen (comparable to water in the South Pacific). The pool was really nice - infinity pool by the main bar/Lotus restaurant - never seemed crowded and the service was great by the pool too. You could order lunch to the pool, beach or your room. As far as lunch- good options available (Especially Jerk Chicken, Parrot Cay Burger, Fish Tacos and conch fritters!!) and you could also eat at the Lotus Restaurant or pool bar. Dinners - we loved the ambiance at Lotus and had 3/5 meals there. One night was BBQ which was our favorite dinner, which also had live music. Otherwise, the appetizers were great and entrees good for the most part. Terrace (main restaurant) was very good - super quiet but delicious food - small portions though. Wine list had a great variety - we loved a cab (which was reasonably priced) "Wente Cabernet." Overall, nice guests, very laid back attire, and great relaxing tone to Parrot Cay. The island is beautiful by bike ride, and the spa is just lovely. Was such a peaceful and amazing trip. We absolutely plan to go back!!

Cons: As you can see from other posts - this resort is expensive. We were prepared to spend on accommodations and food, but were surprised with how steep the cocktails were. There is a gratuity and tax charge on everything… so a $16 cocktail (pina colada, run punch, etc) is really most $20. They are fabulous but just be prepared to spend on cocktails. Everything is imported so it has a high sticker price! The room was nice, nothing crazy over the top, but AC was great and loved the balcony and ocean view. Really nothing bad to say about this amazing resort.

We will definitely be back! Great food, awesome & wonderful staff and beautiful beach. A dream vacation!!

2 Thank marymo830
Dear marymo830,

Thank you for your kind details review. I’m pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Honeymoon with us, and once again Congratulation on behalf of the rest of the team here.

We look forward to welcome you back to another “dream vacation”, perhaps on your Anniversary.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

Very expensive for absolutely no reason:

Pros:
- Amazing Beach.
- Attentive staff on the beach and around the pool.

Cons:
- 10% service charge on everything, which the staff have problems explaining away.
- Poor shower facilities in the rooms, which leave the bathroom floor slippery and dangerous.
- Outdated in-room entertainment facilities, I've never seen anything like it.
- Stupidly expensive mini bar, which was replenished once during the stay.
- Reception staff who seem unable to pass on messages to other departments, or claim they
understand your request when clearly they don't.
- Possibly bogus medical staff, we unfortunately needed the "nurse" who didn't seem to know the basics nor did the "paramedic" who attended the next day . Be warned the nearest hospital is in Provo and anything more serious has to be treated in Miami.

- Also partner had a dose of suspected food poisoning, while there.
- The food is very limited in its choice, there is nothing in terms of West Indian foods on the menu.
- The staff seemed unable to tell us what was being cooked at the Saturday night BBQ, despite it costing $160 ??
- Entertainment, consisted of a man playing a guitar to some canned music near the pool. Utterly disappointing given this is a 5 star hotel.

There is better out there, Parrot Cay has cut corners and it shows, I can't recommend this place at all, I have no axe to grind, but for this price I expected better. MUCH BETTER.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank VanDrell
TeddySWiryawan, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear VanDrell,

Thank you for your thorough review and your perspective of our resort.

On the overall, I truly appreciate your constructive feedbacks on your experience with us and this will leave us with areas to improve for our future guests.

I am disappointed to hear that you had to encounters service/communication shortcoming during your stay. Your feedback on our services definitely is taken seriously and I am following this up to rectify at the respective area.

Further looking at your Cons review, if I may address our medical assistant during your stay, I was surprised to hear that we left the impression of our nurse was “bogus” where the fact is our medical personnel has a proper certification/licensed to operate on TCI territory, as well as the USA. Although definitely with the equipments/supports limitation availability on the islands of TCI, we do suggest our guests to seek further assistant in Miami when necessary.

On the food items, as the source of the food items (mini bar items included) were all imported. The import duties range from 50% to 120% and that does not include the shipping from the US. As such the price we pay is that much higher than you would in the US. Our mark ups are actually lower than the industry standard, and I am very comfortable to share that our prices very competitive compared to other similar establishment on the main Island.

Following on the food poisoning suspicion on your partner, allow me to assure you that aside the fact that our food ingredients came from our suppliers in Miami (which then of course FDA approved), we also follow the HACCP standard on food handlings which controlled/audited internally bi-weekly basis and monthly audited by an authorized outside auditor.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parrot Cay
Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#7 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!