“World Class Experience!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Ashburn, Virginia
“World Class Experience!”
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This was our second visit to Turks & Caicos; we previously had visited Parrot Cay for a day trip from Provo and on this trip decided to spend 4 nights on Parrot Cay. It was a special occasion trip and I worked closely with the staff at Parrot Cay to plan some surprises; a spa day in a private cottage with lunch and a tiki hut dinner. From the moment we arrived at the Parrot Cay Marina we knew the trip was disappointed. The level of service and care you receive at Parrot Cay is unmatched. We were looking for a few quiet days of luxury in paradise and that's what we got. The staff calls you by name and we even received a hug from the yoga teacher upon departure. We could not have asked for a better experience and we are planning our return trip. If you are looking for a quiet, luxury vacation this is for you. Make sure you check out the spa - its amazing. The free activities such as yoga, pilates, paddle boarding, catamaran, sea kayaking are all included.

Counting the days until we return. Thank you for helping make my husband's special birthday one he'll always remember.

Room Tip: Pick a room on the top floor. We stayed in a terrace room and could hear people above us. However, y...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for your wonderful review, we are all very happy that we exceeded your expectations, thank you for coming back, and we too are counting the days till your next visit.

Best Wishes

Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Parrot Cay is an island well worth a visit if you want a beautiful beach, wonderful accommodations, excellent food, and far away from the crowds. If you like night life this is not your place. If you like great food, to relax on a beautiful beach, to unwind from a busy life,then this is your place. Wonderful spa, 2 great restaurants, and a wide selection of rooms. Excellent service. A top spot in all of the Carribean.

Room Tip: one bedroom beach houses are all good. They have a hot tub/plunge pool, and a private path only a s...
2 Thank bayoudularge
Grantnoble, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear bayoudularge,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us.

The team and I are very pleased that you had a wonderful experience during your recent visit, and we look forward for your return.

Best Wishes,

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I had read the poor reviews by other customers. I was conerned about the price of food. We booked through a travel agent and did an "American Meal Plan". We never paid for meals at the time. We did pay for snacks, etc. The portions were very big and too much for us typically. Our plan included appetizer, meal, and dessert. This was too much food. We typically didn't order all we could. All the food was delicious. Dinner at the lotus restaurant was great with the ocean view. We rarely felt there were other people at the resort. Only at meal times. The staff was wonderful to us.

The rooms are not luxurious, but definitely enough to be comfortable.

I liked the boat house before the trip to Parrot Cay to refresh. The fruit and welcome drink in the lobby before checking in was also very nice.

Room Tip: Ask for the American Food plan so you aren't nickel and diming each meal.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank shankar2k2
Grantnoble, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear shankar2k2,

Thank you for your review.

I’m pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for your compliments on our food and our staffs. Further, I’m glad to hear that you fond of our Welcome Center at the main island and you enjoyed the welcome amenities that we provide.

I will definitely share your review to our team and this will certainly encourage everybody to provide even a better service for our future guests.

We look forward to welcome you back to Parrot Cay soon.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked lunch through my hotel concierge so I could see the resort and enjoy an afternoon lunch at a different resort. Upon arrival they took my credit card information with no explanantion other than explaining that any charges accrued would be charged to the credit card. After an expensive lunch for over $80 they demanded an additional $100 day fee plus 22% tax. I explained this fee came out of left field and was neither explained or written on the credit card authorization sheet. They said ok they would not charge me but when I got home low and behold there was a charge on my credit card bill. Are they serious?! This type of hopitaility it unfortunate and I would never consider a longer stay at this resort.

13 Thank J Robin R R
Grantnoble, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Dear J Robin R R,

Thank you for your review.

I regret to learn that you felt treated unfairly on your recent day visit to Parrot Cay.

Allow me to share that we do actually charge US$100/person (subject to 22% tax & service charge) for a day pass/visit aside from your consumptions on the outlets.

Very unfortunate that the information above was not shared to you in advance upon making the booking, nor upon your registration/arrival on the island. For that, my sincere apology on behalf of our team here and I will definitely follow this up to the concerns department to avoid reoccurrence in the future.

Further on your credit card charges, I was lead to believe that there was an internal communication breakdown that we also need to improve on. I understand that to this point our Front Office Manager has been in contact with you to resolve this and to process the refund accordingly.

Once again, thank you for your review

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Went here for our honeymoon and had a good time. The Como suite was nice but would of preferred a shower in the bathroom of the bedroom plus the tub thats already there. There was a shower but in the living room bathroom. Loved the Terrace restaurant but hated the Lotus restaurant. Tried the Lotus twice each time had to send my entree back. They gave us discount coupon to the spa which was great. We decided to use them but didn't notice that we could only use them during a certain time of day. When we went to pay for our massages is when the lady at the front desk pointed this out to us. I ask if she would please accept them this one time we are on our honeymoon as a gift. I was rudely told NO! I wasn't going to let one impolite employee ruing my honeymoon so we the paid full price. So, if you decide to go to Parrot Cay and you receive discount coupons READ THE FINE PRINT!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RA1927
Dear Renee A,

Thank you for your review & once again, congratulation on your Honeymoon.

Your review on our Lotus restaurant is noted, I will be addressing this shortfall with our culinary team to ensure that they are improved.

I am disappointed that you felt our staff was rude to you on explaining the Spa Coupon, this is certainly not something we do, and is in fact the first time I have received this feedback, and I will certainly address it with the team.

I look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We started our journey from New York, and was greeted at Provos airport by a cab that brought you to a beautiful boat house. We then took a 30 min boat ride to the island, which was very nice and relaxing. Once, we checked into our rooms the disaster started to occur. Everything from the blinds, wifi, and air condition were not working. Lunch at average cost 130 for a family of four and dinner cost about 400 . Very expensive for a mediocre dinner . Breakfast on the other hand, was incredible ! Ps.. They charge 36 dollars for two coconuts ( aren't we in the islands)
Overall, the room was what they call "understated elegance" is more like camping .

• Stayed January 2014
8 Thank Sarajo23
Grantnoble, Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear Sarajo23,

Thank you for your feedback.

I’m sincerely apologetic to learned that you did not enjoyed your stay with us.

Addressing your concerns in regard to our rooms defects, I believe our Executive Housekeeper had taken an immediate action to rectified the issues that you have in your room and taken an extra miles to get to know you in person that afternoon and tried his as well as our best to make your stay as comfortable as we could.

On your comment of the “understated elegance” on our room design, as I shared with you sincerely in October in our correspondence prior to your arrival that we truly understand that the décor of our accommodation are might not be to everyone’s taste, therefore I remember I also attaching some photographs of our Garden View Room for your review and offering you to adjust your booking should that accommodation is not be suitable to your taste.

Further, as you had expressed on several occasions to demand for a room upgrade, very unfortunate that room upgrade was not an option on the period due to the availability when other rooms/beach front accommodation were all fully occupied.

With regard to our food and beverage prices, as the Turks and Caicos has very little in the way of agriculture all our produce is imported, the import duties range from 50% to 120% and that does not include the shipping from the US. As such the price we pay is that much higher than you would in the US. Our mark ups are actually lower than the industry standard, and our prices are in line with those charged on the main Island for what I feel is a superior product. There is certainly no gouging going on. At the same time, I do believe that we did taken out a dinner charge out of your bill in one of the occasion as the food was not into your taste.

I do hope that this explains our pricing policy.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Best Regards
New York City, New York
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived at the resort, the personalized welcome and hospitality extended by Shirley and the General Manager, Grant was outstanding...we immediately knew we were in the right place. Our first moment of bliss was upon entering our beautiful hotel rooms...so cozy and warm - we knew we were in paradise. The beach took our breath away and both Carlos and Junior were extremely attentive to our every whim and desire from sailing to paddle boarding - we were very impressed with their personal care. The spa is not to be missed...world class. The food left us wanting for more...great restaurants. We will be back!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Keith F
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your time with us.

The team and I are very happy that we exceeded your expectations, and I look forward to seeing you on the Cay very soon.

Best Wishes

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#8 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!