“Heaven on earth.”

GreenLeadersSilver level
FireIsland
“Heaven on earth.”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had wanted to visit this resort for years - we were not disappointed. The staff, grounds (gardens and paths), beach, food and drinks - pool, restaurants and spa all met our expectations. The rooms are what we enjoy at a beach resort - decorated in a low key tasteful and comfortable style. With that said they are in need of updating/renovation, while still maintaining a simple smart look and atmosphere that fills this beautiful resort.

Special thank you to the entire staff. The Parrot Cay survey asks to name one staff member who stood out - impossible and for me unfair. The entire personnel were equally wonderful, the resort is fortunate to have them.

Looking forward to our return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RonandRoberta
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Wow!!

I am so happy that it was worth the wait, and that we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for recognizing the team, and the effort that they put in to making each stay memorable.

We all look forward to seeing you back in the very near future.

Grant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This is our 3rd stay at Parrot Cay. Overall, it was a fantastic experience, especially the 2 unforgettable massages at the Spa, the incredible food at Lotus, and the gorgeous beach. I was slightly disappointed in 2 areas where I feel corners were cut since my first visit in 2012:
1. The transfers to and from the airport seem to be by outsourced taxis/vans, as opposed to their own staff who did the transfers last year. I felt a bit unsafe in the hands of the very elderly driver from the airport to the Welcome Center on our arrival, and I was just about to carry my own luggage on and off the van as she seemed very frail. Fortunately there were some staff at the Welcome Center who helped with the luggage.
2. The Afternoon Tea has deteriorated in quality. Also there aren't any choices for gluten-free clients.

Apart from these issues, the rest of the stay was just as I expected. The staff are very friendly, and responsive to our needs. The Asian cuisine at Lotus was superb. Loved the fact that I could drink coconut juice out of a Thai coconut during breaks playing tennis on the Omni court. Loved the pure white sand on the beach and the clear turquoise water and that you don't have to share the beach with more than a few people at a time. Siki worked wonders on my neck and shoulders during the Indian Head Massage at Como Shambhala. Loved that I could sit in the peaceful outdoor jacuzzi and look up at the stars.

Room Tip: We had a garden view room, which was more than adequate.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Catherine C
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for your review, we are all happy that you continue to enjoy your time with us and thank you for your constuctive feedback.
I will be adressing these shortfalls with the team to ensure that they are improved.

I look forward to seeing you back very soon,

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed November 29, 2013

This was our second time in Parrot Cay and we spent two weeks here this November 2013. We had wonderful memories from our 10 days in 2011 and were really looking forward to experience the Parrot Cay magic again.

Brimming with excitement and high expectations, we were picked up in Provo by a representative from Parrot Cay and our transfer to the island was absolutely fine. We booked a one-bedroom villa on the beach (very expensive, but it is also very large), and we were shown directly to the villa upon arrival without having to check in at the reception. The arrival was perfect, also the requested electricity adapters were brought over very swiftly.

Our one-bedroom beach villa contained a very large living room with a big TV and a dining area, a bedroom with an adjacent bathroom and dressing room (in the bathroom), a conservatory, as well as a small kitchen and an extra small bathroom with shower. Outside we had a small heated pool, a table with chairs and sunbeds. The style is not that of great luxury, but more down-to-earth, in white and natural colours and rough textures. We both liked that, even though it was clear that they villa was a little old. Unfortunately, the villa had several flaws:

1. There was a distinct foul (sewer or latrine) smell in the bedroom and at the entrance to the villa, mostly noticeable after it had been raining, and it had been raining a lot. My boyfriend did not notice it much, but I am quite sensitive to smells and it made half of my stay quite difficult, especially at night. I woke up feeling physically sick a few times. After I mentioned it to the cleaning staff, they decided to solve the issue by burning perfume oils, which I found even worse.
2. All doors inside the villa had slits in the wood, looking like blinds, making them quite useless. This included the bathroom doors, which meant rather embarrassing bathroom moments.
3. The indoor shower did not have a door or a curtain, so flooding the bathroom floor daily was inevitable (there were also no shower hoses).
4. Our TV had some really bad sound output - we had to rely on subtitles to understand what was being said when we watched movies. Since there isn't much to do after dark (17:00) other than watch TV, this was quite infuriating.
5. Towels were abundant but often spotted with stains.
6. The toilets were leaky (and hence noisy).

I must add, that there was generally a great readiness to help, so no complaint fell on deaf ears. We did not voice most of these issues, because nothing could be done. The resort needs an overhaul with some new technology and someone, who takes quality of construction very very seriously.

The food was good and mostly very healthy (there is this great Como Shambala spa menu). Of course, everything is insanely expensive, but hardly surprising. What I did not like was the never ever changing breakfast buffet (except that they sometimes switched between blueberries and raspberries). On day 6 or 7, I already longed for at least some variation.

The spa is probably great - I did not risk a massage as I have some herniated disks. I did have a (complimentary) manicure which was fine.

Some staff members were very attentive and really did their best (I remember Yoga and Restu from the Terrace restaurant, Oka and Sunisa from the Lotus restaurant) and some staff members seemed to think the guests were a bit of a nuisance. Very mixed feelings here.

The gym was great, especially when the towels were in.

The beach was a dream, and nothing can spoil that. It is the ultimate luxury to be able to walk into the sunset on one of the most beautiful beaches in the world and meet almost no one on the way.

Overall, it is hard to beat the beauty of the beach and the relaxed blissful feeling of the resort. We still came home very rested and will probably retain only the positive memories. However, the devil is in the detail and the few small but bothersome issues combined with prices being what they are, forced us to seriously discuss looking for a new location for our next beach holiday.

3 Thank Beachtr0tter
Thank you for your review, and we all enjoy welcoming you back, thank you for your support.

We all look forward to welcoming you back again.

NYC
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Everything that has been written before is true. Food expensive (but very good), Rooms (been in nicer but are quite tranquil), location is gorgeous, Spa beautiful. It is really the over all sense that you get that is where the experience is either one you quest after or could do without. This place gives you a feeling of having left your life behind. The TV never came on once. Heck I didn't even go online but once.

This warm fuzzy feeling is further encouraged by the quality of the staff. There is the requisite greetings by the front desk but it is continued down the line to grounds keepers. Pretty amazing when out on an excursion I was traveling by myself on public transport and chatted up the gentleman next to me, he was just coming home from work at Parrot Cay. He found out I was a guest and went ahead and called the staff to make sure I would get back to the Hotel without fail.

There are less expensive places in Turks, newer with fun rooms, less cost with food. But none that give this friendly feeling that is immediately shared by the guests. You can without fail say hello to anybody and sit down for a conversation and it will be a memorable one.

Room Tip: Buildings on top of the hill and on the second of two floors have the views of the ocean the rest ar...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. I’m pleased to learn that you had a memorable experience and stay with us.

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

NY, NY
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Love this place. Nothing like getting on the boat and disappearing to Parrot Cay. Quiet, beautiful, miles of nice walking on the beach, great food, kind staff and comfortable rooms. A perfect getaway and very easy from NYC.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you so much, and we all enjoy welcoming you back again and again, thank you for your support,

We all look forward to welcoming you back.

Warren, New Jersey
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We just got back from a week at Parrot Cay, the place is absolutely beautiful. We stayed in a 1 bedroom Beach Villa, worth it if you can! Private plunge pool, and very secluded. It is quite large with a TV, 1 +1/2 bath, and a screened porch we were stayed late into the night.
Some additional insight as to what others have written. I agree that it is very expensive, so we chose the romance package that includes 3 meals daily, a 1\2 day spa cottage (couples massage & dinner) plus 2 excursions. So the food was not an issue, but drinks can get expensive. The taxes and delivery charges add up to an annoyance.
We ordered a bottle of wine for our spa cottage dinner, paid $60 for what is $15 in NJ. I get that it is on an island and costs more, but they added $18 to bring it to us. The food was coming anyway. We loved the cottage massage and dinner, but were disappointed with the extra charge.
The service is acceptable, always friendly and happy to serve. But it still has the "island time" feel; everything takes too long. Slow to serve, clear a table, pour wine, etc.

A hint we learned for expensive resorts. Buy a bottle or 2 duty free before departure and have it in the room. Saves money and we have wine in the room for the week.

2 Thank rfink22
Thank you very much for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your time with us, however dissapointed that you felt that some of the service was on Island time, this is something that we work very hard to avoid, and I will certainly be adressing it with the team.

With regards' to our pricing, as I have mentioned before, unfortunately we are charged upwards od 100% import duty plus shipping charges, and therefore you will find that the T&C islands are a litlle bit higher than mainland USA. I do however think that you may be purchasing a bottle of wine for $15 in a wine store in NJ and not in a five star hotel.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2013

The boat trip to get you there from Provo takes about 30 minutes and this builds the excitement for arriving at this stunning and beautiful hotel on a private island. The accommodation is top quality (we stayed in a Beachside suite) from which we could stroll 50 yards to the perfect, quiet beach.

The whole lay-out is beautifully presented, with accommodation skilfully blended in with the natural vegetation. Each suite is deliciously luxurious, ours was painted in a rich fresh white. The bathroom had a roll-top bath, twin basins and a walk in shower. Copious towels and toiletries are provided.

Our suite had an outside deck with sun beds and our own plunge pool. If you really can’t make it all that way to the beach, you can lay down by your own back door!

There are lots of really cheerful and helpful staff. The grounds are beautifully maintained.

The gym is large and has lots of equipment, weights, running machines etc and mats. There’s also a dedicated yoga/pilates building which is in an even more quiet part of the estate. The spa is stunning and consists of a series of linked buildings. The staff there are welcoming and smiley too.

There are two restaurants/bars - the main one is the Terrace up in the main hotel building, a mediterranean themed menu - its also where breakfast is - the other is Lotus, which has an Asian theme and is by the brilliant infinity pool. Each bar serves a wide range of cocktails (and stunning rums!)

Its certainly not cheap but you get superb service in an extraordinary setting. If there is one thing they could improve its that sometimes the restaurant service can be slightly inattentive - but overall this is a clear 5 star hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ArkLark
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your very kind and informative review, I am happy that the resort and service exceeded your expectations, especially considering how far you had to travel to get here.

I look forward to seeing you back very soon,

Beaches Turks & Caicos Resort Villages & Spa
The Regent Grand
The Regent Grand
#10 of 45 in Providenciales

Been to COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos? Share your experiences!