COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
$620
  • Breakfast included
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$599
The Tuscany(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$775
$752
Travelocity
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$269
Hotwire.com
The Shore Club(Long Bay Beach)(Great Value!)
$775
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$434
$364
Caribbean Paradise Inn(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$281
$171
Travelocity
The Oasis at Grace Bay(Providenciales)(Great Value!)
$280
$252
TripAdvisor
All reviewsprivate islandspa menuplunge poolbeach villayoga and pilateswelcome centerkeith richardsa garden view roomminute boat ridespa treatmentsunderstated eleganceour honeymoonpool restaurantfour seasonswhisked awaymain buildingbbq night
Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Parrot Cay for 5 days in May. It was truly an incredible experience! As other reviewers have remarked, this is an experience that is unlike most other vacations.
From the beginning, we experienced fabulous customer service. We were met at the airport, luggage loaded, shuttled to a private boat dock "waiting room" that was equipped with refreshments, cool towels, and friendly staff. Our boat ride to the private island was quite a beautiful adventure. Everything at check in ran smoothly, and on island time. This is not a complaint, as it prepared us for the relaxing seclusion to come!
Each morning, our breakfast was delicious; such an array of foods; we seldom felt the need for a large lunch.
We got the the beach and set up our "spot" early in the AM, ready for relaxing, listening to, and enjoying the surf. Swimming was fabulous, with warm, crystal-clear waters. We tried some of the free water sports as well as one paid excursion for snorkeling. If you are a snorkeling aficionado, you may not wish to spend the money here, as it is not the best snorkeling we have ever had. But, if you simply enjoy the adventure, you will be pleased.
We took long walks around the beach turns, and every vantage point seemed better than the last. We rented bikes and took yoga classes; we even enjoyed our own private yoga time in the late afternoon. We played pool, danced on the patio, and enjoyed board games in the library in the afternoon. Low-key is the truth!
Our highlight was the couples massage at the Como Shambhala Spa. We have traveled extensively, and partake of spas often, but we both believe this was by far the BEST massage we had ever experienced. Hands down! We also fell in love with the "invigorate" essential oil scent that burns throughout the property. We promptly ordered some and had it shipped home!
We found very few drawbacks of this vacation. Most of the small inconveniences came because we did know the nuances of the property before landing.
So, for the benefit of those going in the future, here is a short list of what we wish we had known:
1. THere is NO shopping on this island. None, zero, zilch...unless you shop your mini bar or the tiny (and very, very costly) gift shop. Take your duty free liquor from the mainland with you. THey will place it on the plane stateside, and you can have it when you land!
2. As others have mentioned, food and drink come with sticker shock. The food is very good (we, too enjoyed the pool bar most), but be ready with your credit card.
3. Bring your internet with you if you have it. There are only 2 places to connect, and the connections are "iffy"
3. Above all...use the spa AND order the prawn Caribbean salad at the pool-side restaurant. I am STILL trying to recreate this delicious salad at home...to no avail.
Special mention to Sharika, Dorothy, and Ella as staff members!
Without a doubt, we would return to this property. Wiser and more prepared, so we could enjoy it all the more!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank NinaTrav
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

You clearly took full advantage of all that we have to offer and I am so pleased that you enjoyed it so much.

I will pass on your comments to the team and in particular Shakira, Dorothy and Ella. We all look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

I've been living on the island of Providenciales for 6 months, but am returning home to Toronto next week. My boyfriend came to visit me at the end of July so we could spend our birthdays together, and we decided to treat ourselves and take the boat to Parrot Cay for the weekend ! We had the best birthday weekend yet !!! The staff was excellent: from the boat crew, to our resort guide, the reception staff, restaurant staff, and beach staff ! We had a basic ground floor garden view room and it was perfect: very clean, lovely amenities, cozy bed, etc ! The night time turn down service was nice: the little extras...T-shirts and a thank you card ! We loved how the vibe of the resort was very calm and relaxing. Although the pool was stunning, we opted for the beach: crystal clear water, beach walks, pretty shells, etc ! The grounds are so green and lush, quite different from the island of Provo ! The food was fantastic: the breakfast buffet and menu was varied and perfect (croissants that melt in your mouth) ! We loved ordering from The Shambhala Menu (which you can order from at both restaurants for lunch and dinner too !) which has a huge selection of vegan or raw items ! We both had some great salads and one night for dinner I ordered the raw vegan lasagne and it was amazing ! Having said all that healthy stuff, you MUST try the sweet potato fries ! Best. Ever. Oh, and did I mention they surprised us at dinner with a big piece of chocolate cake with a candle and sang Happy Birthday ?!! Very kind ! We will definitely go back to this resort for another special occasion and for sure recommend it to others ! Hopefully next time we'll run into Keith and he & my boyfriend can strum guitars together ! Thanks all ! :-) P.S.: next time we need to go for longer so we can try the spa and pilates classes !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sharon_pussycat

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiance with us.

We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your brief stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 5-day getaway to the Parrot Cay Resort in Turks. To provide a little context, we would consider ourselves veteran travellers, and have been fortunate enough to stay at many of the premier properties in the world, and several of the oft-sought island destinations (Tahiti, Bali, Fiji, etc.). When we take these trips, we splurge a bit on the hotel, and are willing to pay a premier price for a premier property. We enjoyed our visit to Parrot Cay and would consider returning, but on this scale it came up a bit short.

The property itself is very nice but not exceptional. The facility consists of a main reception building housing check-in, one of the two restaurants, the library, and a bar, a separate spa area, several two-story buildings nicely placed across the grounds with the accommodations, tennis, a gym, and of course the beach. There are also extensive trails and undeveloped grounds. The building was immaculate and the staff friendly but a bit laissez-faire, responsive but not attentive. For example, of the half-dozen times I had to visit the front desk throughout our stay, all but once the desk was empty. The staffers were there, in the back in the private office, and came out soon enough once asked, but the overall experience was that I was disturbing them and their conversations. In other 5-star properties, I am greeted before I ever get to the counter, and often greeted by name.

The rooms are housed in several separate buildings, with 20 or so rooms to a building and generally on two floors. While there were others nearby, we still had the overall feeling of privacy, with outside noise only occasionally intruding (for instance, a noisy upstairs neighbor). The facilities were pleasant enough, the room very nicely appointed in a clean, casual look but with an overall elegance to it. No complaints here, apart from an uncomfortable mattress.

One of the items touted in the hotel literature was the 3-a-day servicing of the room. This bar was met, but the consistency of that service varied widely. For example, dirty dishes and glasses were generally removed, but not always, and the ice bucket was often filled, but not always. On one occasion we returned to find our room door unlocked. We recognize that Island custom is to not lock doors so we did not lodge any complaints, but nonetheless this illustrates a lack of attention to detail.

A good example of the lack of attention to detail – we were visiting on a “Babymoon” and had our travel agent inform the property. We reminded them again on arrival, when we were offered a rum welcome drink. Every meal we were asked on seating for our room number, with my wife being offered alcohol at every occasion. Egregious error, no, but it is the small things that make the difference between a typical four-star stay and a five-star experience.

Others have mentioned the food costs as being significant and they are. More than just the costs of the food, we were disappointed in the quality of most of the offerings. The breakfast and spa menus were our favorites, but the remainder of the food at Lotus (their Asian influence restaurant) was ho-hum, and none of the dishes we tried at the Terrace restaurant were better than okay.

We recognize that food costs on remote islands can be very high, but overall we were paying what amounted to 20% more than what we experienced in Bora Bora, which is known for outrageous food prices. Moreover, when we ate at a nice resort beachfront restaurant in Grace Bay, the cost was 25% less and much higher quality. I can accept the high food costs, but the quality should have been up to par along with it.

We each took in a spa treatment at Shambala and found it to be well worth it. The therapists were outstanding and the facility very nice. We were particularly impressed that Como had brought in native therapists from their respective countries to perform treatments known for their region. For example, they had Balinese and Thai therapists performing their respective massages, which was more than we had hoped for, and they were excellent.

In terms of the overall property, the infinity pool was absolutely beautiful, and the waters and the beach were tremendous. Even on a night where they were nearly completely full, the resort still had a quiet undertone that made it very relaxing and enjoyable. The beach staff were very helpful, and the Carribean waters inviting. Beach chairs and umbrellas were plentiful, even at peak hours, and the hotel has several secluded spots where a couple could steal away for private time.

Overall, this is a bit of a mixed review. As a world-class five star resort as Parrot Cay is being billed and priced, it comes up a bit short. That doesn’t mean it isn’t worth a visit. We were impressed by how many families were there, and overall we had a very nice vacation and a relaxing getaway. I think we are likely to return to Turks and Caicos, and might well return to Parrot Cay, but we’ll think twice before booking, and possibly explore other high-end options before we book.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Ken R

Thank you very much for your review, whislt I am pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, we clearly did not meet your expectations in some areas.

I will share your comments with the team as we are constantly looking to improve.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We spent three nights there and it was absolutely wonderful. I travelled with my husband and my 2 year old boy. Not to mentioned 4 1/2 months pregnant. I was a little worried it would be only for couples/honeymooners but the hotel is family friendly also. We stayed at one of the four Villas and we loved it! My son couldn't get enough swimming at the private pool and running around the spacious Villa.

The service is superb. Managers Grant and Teddy were always interested in our stay. Jose and Reka were beyond caring and attentive. You can tell the staff takes pride in what they do.

I see it as a must-have experience and can't wait to come back. Not for nothing its spa COMO Shambala has won so many awards. I got a prenatal massage with Danti (nothing to worry about as she didn't touch my belly) and it was fabulous. Finally a spa with treatments for pregnant women (the ones who need it the most). Can't wait for the upcoming location here in Miami.

Room Tip: Although we stayed at a Villa, I checked out the rooms and higher floors have better view to the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review, and for recognizing how family friendly we are, we are all so pleased that you enjoyed your brief break with us, and we look forward to the next one.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

This review will go onto Tripadvisor as well. I felt like being ripped off every single day, not a There are so many more options available to have the same kind of beach, better service, better dinner options and most importantly better prices. If you are willing to spend $300 (at least) for mediocre, water downed drinks and dinner that feels more like fast food, then you really have money to burn - that's the place for you then. And no, the place is not for celebrities. It is boring as heck and outrageously (meaning you are getting zero value) expensive.

Will never do this again, there are a lot better places in the world for the rip off that we experienced without feeling raped.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
11  Thank luxurytraveljunkies

Wow, this is a very disappointing review, considering all the good ones that we have had. I have checked all our records and we have had no such feedback from any guest recently, I can only assume that you did not let us know whilst you were on property.

I would love to know the specifics of your complaint, and would appreciate it if you would email me with those.

grant.noble@comohotels.com.

I look forward to hearing from you.