COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos
Blue Haven Resort(Providenciales)
The Tuscany(Grace Bay)
Ocean Club Resort(Providenciales)
View Hotel
The Shore Club(Long Bay Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Royal West Indies Resort(Providenciales)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate islandspa menuplunge poolbeach villayoga and pilateswelcome centerthe room service menukeith richardsmain islandasian fusiona garden view roomboat ridespa treatmentsunderstated eleganceour honeymoonfour seasonswhisked away
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Late with my review. Stayed here in July 2012. Having never been to T&C before we had no idea what to expect so despite going for 2 weeks we only booked the first week at Parrot Cay and decided we would visit Grace Bay and find a different hotel for our second week. Parrot Cay met us at the airport and having not booked a private transfer we had to wait in the van for other guests to arrive. This was a bit disorganised, hot and no drinks were offered. However, once we arrived at the dock you wait to set off in a lovely air con building where there are refreshments and cold towels. You are then taken by boat to the island - approx 35 mins and you are met in a golf buggy and taken to reception for checkin and a rum punch - yum.
We had a garden view room, we could see the sea in the distance so I doubt the ocean view are too different. Room is all white and blue furnishings, rustic colonial rather than luxurious but very comfortable. It's all very quiet in the evenings so don't go here if you want to party. However, if you want to completely chill out this is the place to be.
Food is very good, we started off with full board but switched to half board when we realised it was too much. Staff on the whole are very good although of course some were laid back to the point of unprofessional and sometimes even a tad sullen. Service can also be a bit hit and miss, breakfast forgotten, 30 mins to bring a drink etc.
The spa is excellent - we had fantastic massages from Siki (sorry might have spelt that wrong). Also had constations and sessions with Dr Pradeep as well as doing the Yoga etc - all very very good.
Beach is beautiful with clear aqua water, likewise pool area is great - lots of comfy beds to lounge on.
In the end having hopped on the boat to Grace Bay and seen a beach with paragliding and banana boats all over the place we dashed straight back to the comfort of PC and asked to stay another week - luckily enough they could accommodate us.
Parrot Cay is truly a place for relaxation and refreshment. The only thing I would say is why on earth do people bring children here? Bythe end of our second week there were too many destroying the peace and quiet and charging about the pool area (they would do better in Grace Bay) shame.

Room Tip: Look at the resort map before you arrive and ask for a specific block - the hotel do try and accommodate requests.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katkin1965
Grantnoble, General Manager at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a detailed review.

I am very pleased that by and large you enjoyed you stay with us, and that we could accomodate you on your return from Grace Bay.

I do apologize about some of the service glitches you experianced, this is not acceptable to us, and we will work very hard to iron them out.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 9 nights in February, I can honestly say we've never stayed in a better resort. The staff are first class, they couldn't be more friendly and helpful, they even step off the path when you are walking by, they can not do enough for you and everything is done without a problem.
The one thing that really impressed us was the quality of food, first class, alot of the chef's come from Thailand so there is a nice asian influence in the food. The breakfast was truly amazing, everything from the normal pastries and fruit to a fully cooked breakfast. They even have specific juices availably for the healthy ones. In both restaurants there is the restaurant menu which always run alongside a healthy option menu which was just devine.
Although we didnt have any treatments at the spa, if you have the time and money treat yourself as the ambience is truly special.
The beach is magnificent, very quiet, there are watersports if you so wish, the sun lounges are spread out nicely so you are not ontop of the person next to you. You receive two large white beach towels daily for use so there is never any concern about your towel not covering the whole lounger.
I think the only downside was we booked the boat transfer for a specific time however ended up waiting for over an hour before the boat left (on the way to the resort), which was an hour after the scheduled departure time.
We had lovey weather the whole time we were there apart from a day of rain and the odd shower.
One thing I would say is unless you are one that eats 3 full meals a day I wouldn't bother going for the full board option as breakfast is included in your room rate. Half board would be plenty enough in my opinion. An afternoon tea is served daily in the library but be sure to arrive early especially if there are kids around.
I couldn't not recommended this resort more, we had a wonderful time and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: We stayed in a Garden view room which was lovely, however I would recommend a first floor room as we had someone above us that was heavy footed and had a small child running around which was quiet noisey early morning.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

All I can say is WOW, we are all so please that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you took the time to write such a wonderful review.

I am very pleased that we exceeded your expectations, and look forward to seeing you back very soon.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I spent a beautiful, lazy week sitting on the beach at Parrot Cay. The past two years we have spent our winter vacation in Anguilla (Cuisinart/Cap Juluca) but decided this year to try somewhere different. I am glad we did.(My review will highlight some of the differences between the two islands--realize we LOVE Anguilla, but our hotel was under renovation-hence the switch).

We had an easy 3 hour flight from NY and were met at Turks airport and whisked away in mini van to an air-conditioned luxury 'waiting- cottage' Water, beer, snacks were available to us as we waited for the private launch. The waterview was beautiful and we were being addressed by name by the staff--already. Our luggage was loaded and we set off on a good size boat with tables and inside area--one could sit up top if desired, but it looked rough to me, so we sat inside. (Trip to Anguilla is on a smaller boat-maybe 8 people tops, open air and our trips were scary--rough, rocking and rolling!) Dropped us off directly at Parrot Cay dock, loaded in golf carts and away we went! (Entering Anguilla is a process of hostility, slow passport examination and generally indifference--leaving is same bs---score PC).

After welcoming rum punch we were taken to our room. We were in room 508-garden view with slice of ocean view if you craned your neck. So quiet. So peaceful. Our room had a canopied king sized bed which was super comfortable. All decorations at the resort are white and natural. The flowers, orchids and ocean are the stars. Bathroom does need update as others have stated-but it was adequate. We spent minimal time in our room, but loved the daybed on the porch/deck. We kept the sliding doors shut-and did not have any trouble with bugs in our room.

The food was much better than expected. Breakfast buffet had beautiful fruit, yogurt, pastries, juice etc. Breakfast menu was varied as expected, and is included with package. Dinner menus were changed every 3 days and food was fine. We alternated dinner locations and did not get too bored (On Anguilla we went out to the fabulous restaurants every night and I did miss that--going off site).But beware- Wine and liquor prices are RIDICULOUS/expensive-- a vodka and club at the pool was $18--mediocre wine $14 a glass, bottle of Turks (local) Beer-$9. PC is not a party place, and everyone is tucked in tight by 10:00 pm or so (us included)--but we like to have a beer or two at the beach, which we still did, but seriously? As my husband says, you don't go on vacation to save $$, but I thought some of the prices/fees/service charges were just silly.

The spa is lovely. I had two massages and enjoyed them both very much. There is a ladies whirlpool; open air and secluded with orchids surrounding it. The spa is a gem. Be sure to check it out and enjoy the pools and natural environment. Very special. Worth it. Bonus-kids are not allowed. (Yoga but no spa at Cap Juluca)

Two important things I want to mention--there are a lot of stairs without handrails and the pathways are very dark. I commented to my husband that it would have been very difficult to bring our parents there as the paths are steep and uneven. Wear flat sandals or flipflops .
We also heard that the resort is trying to become more of a family/child friendly resort, which would ruin it. There were a few well-behaved little girls there, but they were in the minority, and their parents were extremely attentive. The beach and pool are fabulous, but all of the adults I saw were reading, relaxing, beachcombing couples. Many honeymooners and older couples. Most of the adults obviously spent alot of money to come and relax and either left their children home or sent them on Spring Break somewhere more child appropriate like Atlantis. There is nothing for the kids to do. (Kids were not an issue in Anguilla--I love kids. We have 3. We vacation WITH kids and WITHOUT kids).

We enjoyed our Parrot Cay vacation. We will be back. Next time I'd love to check out a beach cottage-which I heard was fabulous. The water is so blue and the stars are so bright. Very special place which will remain with us for a long time.
Unless they institute a kiddie club--then we are out of there!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Jamesmom3
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Parrot Cay, Turks and Caicos, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2017

Good afternoon

Thank you for your stay and review.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Every minute of our stay was special. The staff is friendly and interested in making the experience a good one. From stepping off the plane to find the Parrot Cay representative, the transfer process was easy and effortless. The rooms are terrific, I enjoyed the best massage ever at the Spa and the food! Usually, after a week eating at a resort hotel you are bored to death with the food. Here, there are so many interesting dishes to sample, you hardly have enough time to eat everything you want to try! The spa menu was truly outstanding and we enjoyed both restaurants. Just a little difficult for northeastern ears to adjust to eating on island time...I highly recommend a trip to Parrot Cay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cabonini

We are so happy that you enjoyed your break with us.

I have shared your comments with the spa and culinary teams, they are very much appreciated.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited in late September. The weather was beautiful. It was off season, so we felt like we had the run of the place. We had a garden view room. It was very comfy. They do have a traditional tea service every afternoon that is lovely. The breakfast service was so nice. There are activities you can participate in, but if all you want to do is lay on the beach or at the pool, this is the perfect spot! The staff were all extremely nice. There were lizards everywhere (a good thing) and orchids around the property.

Room Tip: Depends on how much you want to spend and if you want an ocean view. The garden room was nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Than you for your very kind review.

I am happy that you enjoyed your vacation with us, we hope to see you again very soon.